Mighty No. 9

Yeah I might pick up Mighty Gunvolt now, looks awesome.

Picked it up last night with Azure, and love both of them so far.

Mighty gunvolt is pretty good. But Azure is driving me crazy with the frame rate..... if I knew it wasn't 60fps, I wouldn't have got it. The game is alright, minus that.

Mighty gunvolt is pretty good. But Azure is driving me crazy with the frame rate..... if I knew it wasn't 60fps, I wouldn't have got it. The game is alright, minus that.

Still fun! :)

Indeed indeed. I haven't stopped playing it because of the frame rate, but my sessions are shorter.
This game gives me nostalgia for the MegaManZero games which ironically was also from inticreates. I like the boss fights. The gun system is interesting but right now I'm still using the first one, the 3rd one is hard to use with only a single bullet. It has its uses every once in a while...

If they managed to make it look like that concept image, that would've been cool. Instead everything looks very flat despite (or perhaps because of) it being in 3D. What I've seen of the gameplay looks very... off... the music is definitively too fast paced for such slow gameplay. Something like what we hear in Donkey Kong Country would be more fitting.

Anyways, still looking forward to this. It could be much MUCH more fun to play than watch...

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

I haven't checked on Mn°9 for a while. To be honest, I'm not feeling the Nintendo Mii art direction nor the floaty look of the animations.

I was never really a fan of "2.5D," and this game isn't changing my opinion. I would have preferred pixel art, to be honest. Mega Man never did feel right with 3D assets.

Good to see yet another one of these succeed. It seems too often that only the crowd funded failures make the news and not the countless successful projects.

Game looks great.

Looks pretty good. I still haven't played through the last couple of MM games (the ones released on the Wii) though, so I might have to do that first.

Looks pretty good. I still haven't played through the last couple of MM games (the ones released on the Wii) though, so I might have to do that first.

they're extra hard! fun for sure though. I beat 9, but 10 was just a little too much.

they're extra hard! fun for sure though. I beat 9, but 10 was just a little too much.

That's the feeling that I got when I started playing 9. It wasn't horrible, but definitely harder than something like 3 (which is my favorite.) Then I got sidetracked.

Thank god they are gonna fix the bugs in the online play that no one wants. I would much rather have that than the game at this point. Does anyone who backed via Paypal after the kickstarter ended know if we are supposed to get backer surveys?

I like it before they started closing the backers forum after people starting questioning the decisions about 'making MegaMan a woman' and so forth put forward by one of the art directors that got her job because her boyfriend worked for the company that's basically a 'Japanese-wanna-be-white-woman'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3SuLs7trNU

I don't give a poo what gender No. 9 is, I just want the gameplay to be there.

That should be all that matters. Some have taken offense to a female playable character being added to the game. Oh noes, not that.

It's not the gender that's the issue. It's the SJW agenda (vagenda?) behind it.

I doubt anyone gives a shit if it was a girl mc. For me personally, I only want to original intention, which it didn't seem like it was considering where the idea came from, how it didn't align with the kickstarter, and such.

What makes you think there is an "agenda" behind it? Simply wanting variation is nothing to be upset about.

There are a LOT of things that can point to an agenda about this actually, but were trying to not make it "a reason". Unfortunately, people hired after the fact, some lies about that person, etc are all pointing to an agenda right now.

Variation is the spice of life, and having a female character is not the problem. However, other factors are what are pushing at the moment.

What makes you think there is an "agenda" behind it? Simply wanting variation is nothing to be upset about.

Watch the video linked above. The folks pushing for a female lead are the same people advocating for the abolishing of gender-specific pronouns (he/she/him/her) in schools. Some of us don't want to pay the salaries for people like that.

All I see are a bunch of kids making fuss over some community manager with a particular opinion/behavior that doesn't jive 100% with them, and making tons of assumptions in the process. She doesn't have some sort of major control over the project, does she? I see no proof of that. Maybe she is the wrong fit for the job, I'd agree with that, but that doesn't mean she deserves all the crap being flung at her. You could say it's just an example of a bigger problem... well, fine, but I still don't see the issue in this particular case.

Even if you want to classify it as that, such is their right. You have a community manager and design team member, who pushes for crazy SJW stuff, associated with, and is the face of, a project these people gave money towards.
I think it's fair for them to be a little pissed off, considering how that crap seemed to be front and center in the gaming industry when MN9 was backed.

Was it more than a mere suggestion to make the character female for the sake of being more accessible to more people? What's wrong with that? Lots of games since forever have done that.

Even if you want to classify it as that, such is their right. You have a community manager and design team member, who pushes for crazy SJW stuff, associated with, and is the face of, a project these people gave money towards.
I think it's fair for them to be a little pissed off, considering how that crap seemed to be front and center in the gaming industry when MN9 was backed.

Not only that, but a community Manager who never even PLAYED a MM game to begin with, so was highly unfamiliar with the entire IP, than to come out a week later and be like, yeah MMX was the best game ever for MM, which is a bold face lie considering they never even played MM, sigh.

Nepotism too, her friends and BF were working at the company already, just a whole bunch of BS really tied with her.

Was it more than a mere suggestion to make the character female for the sake of being more accessible to more people? What's wrong with that? Lots of games since forever have done that.

There is NOTHING wrong with the suggestion, that's not what people are upset about, they are upset about Dina in total, her suggestion was fine, it should have been left with that, nothing more.

Nepotism too, her friends and BF were working at the company already, just a whole bunch of BS really tied with her.
TBH, this in no way bothers me. In ANY industry, getting a good job is all about who you know, and I don't begrudge her getting a job that way. On paper, she was generally qualified for a job like hers, though her unfamiliarity with the MM games is an optics problem, but not required for her job.

So, you admit it's just some petty personal mud flinging? Didn't she clarify later that she played MMX onwards, just not the "classics" much? I think including some people NOT familiar with every speck of a franchise is a good thing, to gain some perspective on things.

So, you admit it's just some petty personal mud flinging? Didn't she clarify later that she played MMX onwards, just not the "classics" much?

WHo are you responding to?
EDIT: Got it! :D

^ Ahh, sorry, that response was to Freaky, not you :)

Back