Mighty No. 9

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
I did not find a thread on this (except a news bit early on) but the Kickstart is over now and they raised
over 4 Million Dollars! out of 900k...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts

ari_mightyno9_zps14172b3c.gif

Yeah, that's right, the fans have spoken!

The concepts looks pretty cool IMO (it took some time grow on me) but I'm mostly excited to see all these legendary veterans collaborating on something more independently and be more open about the process. They just got Megaman 2 composer on-board - how cool is that?

Another interesting thing is just how many platforms they are aiming for. PC / Mac / Linux / XBOX360 / PS3 / WII U / PS4 / XBOX One / PS Vita / 3DS... using the Unreal Engine.

Anyways, who else is excited about this upcoming game? Did you guys pledge?

I put 20 on it.
The live stream last night was nice, they showed quite a few char designs during it.

I like the part where someone asked Keiji if one of them was inspired by Dr. Wiley and he was like, "ehhhh, it is Dr. Wiley!"

I hope they make it look more like the picture above, i rather have it in anime style
+1

I think we can be confident that they will try to match and surpass the quality of the fan-art (which is what the animation I posted is)

also i dont know why they tried using unreal engine? i thought unreal engine doesnt have 3ds support does it? if they are going multiplatform they need to find a engine that does all of it unless there will be different versions of the game using different engines.

also, Splinter Cell 3D for 3DS is using Unreal Engine 2.0... lol, but that is getting kinda old... maybe they have a way to use the newest engine and down-grade it to the older ones...?

Honestly, I can't wait for this one. It's just they need a really good soundtrack to do it justice...that's gonna be a tough one to pull off. Mega Man 2 soundtrack roots you know.

Isn't the lady who wrote the soundtracks doing this one as well?

Isn't the lady who wrote the soundtracks doing this one as well?

She (Matsumae) did Megaman 1 and shes doing the intro to no. 9
There are 3 composers; her, Takashi(Megaman 2), and Yamada(Newer guy, did Megaman 9 and 10).

I'm sure she will be doing more than just the intro. Yamada recently said he is going for a more "metal" inspired style while trying to blend the softer aesthetics of Matsumae.

This team is insane with talent, I have no doubt the soundtrack will be pretty great.

I was too late to the party and can't get in on the KS. :(

Hope there's a way to contribute now that it's closed.

I backed it, but they have pissed me off. I originally went in for a lower tier, then upgraded my backing before the end. It was my bad that I didn't select the new reward tier, but I've contacted them multiple times to get it fixed, and have gotten no response.

I backed it when it started because I grew up on the Mega Man franchise and I like the direction this is going

- I'm Mighty No. 18714 btw, so if they make enough games then I may be featured!

I backed it when it started because I grew up on the Mega Man franchise and I like the direction this is going

- I'm Mighty No. 18714 btw, so if they make enough games then I may be featured!

No. 15845 here. :D

Hah! Losers! I'm Mighty No. 5394. :D

I don't follow it much though. I only found out about the Dina Situation like 2 months ago.

From that small footage I saw, it looks very reminiscent of MM. Though, personally, I had hoped it would look more like MMX, with a more mature looking character. But this is still fine by me.

Damn I don't know how I missed this but I would have backed it for sure. Hopefully it turns out okay despite that weird Dina situation

I was all over this when it was first announced but honestly I do not like the in game artistic design nor the animation they have been showing thus far. I was very much hoping the game to have an anime look like the fan art in the OP.

Looks underwhelming to me. I just don't see how this would be entertaining. It looks like less of a platformer and more of a dash-around and kill-lots-of-shit-fast thing.

Yes, because the game is completely finished and final and is going to be released tomorrow.........

I'm excited about this one! I just hope capcom doesn't sue. This looks like a wonderful upgrade to the mega man series.

You know, looking at it... the arm looks a bit weird. Anyone else think so?

I hope that the female character sections aren't mandatory and not in the middle of the rest of the game... if it's anything like what it shows, she looks like a character that'll just dodge and sneak passed things.

They do the bait and switch in Comic books all they time they take a character say the Hulk make their own comic like Dale Keown did with the Pitt. So basically all of these copyrighted characters are being duplicated in a likeness that is similar that is still marketable. Which is what happening on Kickstater for the past two years or so. Which is a good thing cause it's like in comics called creator owned or indi comics where you have more control over the story and content.

I'm still excited for this. My biggest concern is that it turns out to be way too easy in an uninteresting way (previous mega man games weren't always difficult, but they were still interesting enough). I'll reserve all of that though for when I get to play myself!

I'm still excited for this. My biggest concern is that it turns out to be way too easy in an uninteresting way (previous mega man games weren't always difficult, but they were still interesting enough). I'll reserve all of that though for when I get to play myself!

Watching the video... it does seem like it might be. But who knows...

I could care less what engine it's running. When the 3ds version is out it's MINE!!! Been eyeballing this for a while now :)

Watching the video... it does seem like it might be. But who knows...

Yeah, so far that's what I get out of it too. Everybody just steamrolls everything and there's little actual platforming. Eh. Maybe it will be different when we see more of the game...D:

I would LOVE to see this on 3ds!

Wouldn't that be awesome? :cool:
Really looking forward to this.

Also, check out Mighty Gunvolt on the 3DS, which has Beck as a playable character:

279913-GV1.jpg

Last edited:
Back