• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Midnight b0rging

Duster

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 4, 2002
Messages
5,838
Well I finally got around to putting my Shuttle SV25 back together. It had some busted caps so I resoldered on some new ones and right now I am installing Windows

It is a C III 1Ghz w/ 512 ram

I goign to use as windows machine while I switch main comp to linux








from this pic you can see it is 86 F in my room!!!! that is with the window open and fan on I don't know how summer is to get hot...

So far this lil girl is running at 36 C while installing windows

 
yeah but I prob will have to turn on AC soon... it is crazy

 
Nothing like living in the Tropics! :p

At least it seems the boxen looks good and cool. :D


 
over the past few hours it has cooled off to about 80 in my room... but this lil fan sure is load... i goign to have to get something else prob b/c it is going to drive me nuts

 
Two words, box fan. We've got 4 of 'em in my apartment we use when it gets warm out (or in for that matter) to circulate the air. If you spend just a touch more than the normal $10 specials, you can find some really good quiet ones out there. :D

 
I was talking about the one on the heatsink

i have been thinking (instead of sleeping) I might should move boxen downstairs this summer

 
Duster said:
(instead of sleeping)

Ah yes, re-reading that makes me realize I should probably be sleeping too, then I wouldn't have misread your post. With the exception of my dorm room in college, I've always kept the boxen all isolated in a single room. Then I pretty much keep out as, like your room, it gets way too hot.


 
yeah it does

my roommate frowns on running cat5 all over the place so I kept in my room but I might be able to put it in the living room the only thing is that the noise might get a tad to much while trying to watch tv

 
Yeah, the CAT5 all over the place does get old. My last place, we had an HTPC that I ran a long run of CAT5 to from the room with my switch. Seeing as how I couldn't just put a hole in the wall, I tried tucking it along the baseboard, it looked like crap, and my wife about killed herself tripping on it. :p There's always a wireless bridge if that's your sorta thing, it would maybe give you a few more placement options.

 
well this past weekend i ripped out the phone panels and rewired for cat5 for the run to my HTPC :) I was thinking I might could just movie router and everything down there and just have the one pc in my room

(i think i broke hf.com... it has not updated since i last posted )

 
Not a bad idea, how many boxen would that involve moving?

 
Duster said:
I live in charlotte NC

we skipped winter this year we have had a total of like 5 days under 32

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=forecastfox&zipcode=28269&metric=0


At least it cools off at night there: http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=forecastfox&zipcode=77598&metric=0

I don't think we dropped below freezing here this winter. It usually happens at least 2 to 3 times a winter normally. I expect it to be extra hot this summer. I just hope I can avoid using my a/c for another month.
 
Yeah, for the most part it's been warmer than usual here this winter as well. We're in the 70's for highs right now and it's nice. I can go with this for a while. It's nice being able to open the windows and not have to run the damn heat. That was hurting the power bill this winter since I also have boxen at the apartment which I didn't last year when I first moved in.

Oh, and I've done a bit of midnight borging myself. It's been a few weeks since I have. I guess I may have to rectify that soon. Oh, um... you didn't mean that kind of borging. :eek:

 
well it is now 88 :(

to much warm weather someone turn on the AC

IT looks like this p3 pulled a p2107 right off
 
Back
Top