Maybe you need to update (?).
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8250/mse.png/IMG]
I'm using vista x64 also.[/QUOTE]
Yea that is the older "leaked" build.
Uninstall that and install the official build posted today.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Maybe you need to update (?).
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8250/mse.png/IMG]
I'm using vista x64 also.[/QUOTE]
Yea that is the older "leaked" build.
Uninstall that and install the official build posted today.
anyone know if this MSE protects against vundo/koobface? Thats a major problem in the tech world.
BSOD
POS
uninstalled
thanks MS
Did you install the right version for your OS?BSOD
POS
uninstalled
thanks MS
Did you install the right version for your OS?
Probably a dumb question, especially since the software is so new, but has anyone have an informed comparison between this and Avira Personal? I'm currently using Avira on three of my systems here, and though I've been generally satisfied with it, the pop-up ad that it opens every time it updates any of its files has been annoying the hell out of me lately. If it compared favorably to Avira I may make the switch to this instead.
I switched from Avira, personally, and so far I like it.
By the way, if you want to get rid of that pop-up, go to the avira directory and find the avnotify,exe file, open its properties, security tab, and hit Edit. Then click the check boxes for denying read and write.
You do NOT have to uninstall your beta MSE to obtain the final/public release. You should receive an upgrade notice from MSE and upgrade automatically through MSE. This will install the final/public release.
I mention this b/c MS's site is ambiguous ("Beta users: Upgrade to latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials") and the issue of beta testers upgrading was touched upon in this thread. I realizes the issue answers itself in due time, but figured those who haven't yet received the "upgrade" notification within MSE can save themselves the uninstall/reinstall process (I've always been averse to uninstalling any antivirus program).
You do NOT have to uninstall your beta MSE to obtain the final/public release. You should receive an upgrade notice from MSE and upgrade automatically through MSE. This will install the final/public release.
I mention this b/c MS's site is ambiguous ("Beta users: Upgrade to latest version of Microsoft Security Essentials") and the issue of beta testers upgrading was touched upon in this thread. I realizes the issue answers itself in due time, but figured those who haven't yet received the "upgrade" notification within MSE can save themselves the uninstall/reinstall process (I've always been averse to uninstalling any antivirus program).
Nice!
Where is the WHS version though?
Does the regular version throw an error when trying to install on WHS like some other free AV's?
BSOD
POS
uninstalled
thanks MS
Did you happen to have an anti-virus program installed while installing MSSE?
McAfee and Norton may cause some conflict with MSSE. It has for me and a couple of friends.
Huh?So what about Windows Defender, shut it down, which I already have since that is what I believe MS uses to get other files on my machine with out my knowledge.
Exactly, wth?Huh?
Thanks, dumped Comodo for this and turn Vista's 64 firewall back on.
Any add-ons for windows firewall I should try?
What on earth is a Windows Firewall add on?
(excuse me if this is obvious but I always disable Windows Firewall as I have ahardware firewall)
Why disable the software firewall? The second level of protection couldn't hurt...