Microsoft's Security Essentials Is Live & Free

I just removed NOD32 because it expired and figured I try this new MS Essentials software. At first it seemed great, but then I realized it had slowed my computer to a snails pace. Opening the quick launch menu on the task bar had a noticeable 10+ second lag which was long enough for me to open task manger and figure out it was the MS AV software lagging it up and chewing up all my CPU power. The final straw was when I tried to update my nVidia drivers and it tagged the driver as a possible threat for submission.
It bogged my system down (2.53GHz dual-core, 4GB of RAM) like that for a while during and after the scan, but after MSE got that out of the way, it's been invisible.
 
Been running the Beta on 2 machines for a few. I really like it . Barely uses any of my resources as others have stated. Got the notification to update today...no need to uninstall.
 
Back
Top