Microsoft Partially Resumes Windows 10 October Update Rollout

Well, I am able to install it with my previously created USB 1809 drive but, I have yet to see it in Windows update itself, since they pulled it.

1809 is still pulled from Windows Update and the Media Creation tool for now but the image is back on MSDN.

VR isn't the only demanding tasks out there. It isn't yet on Linux, but otherwise hardware support is very massive out of the box now. I think you'd be surprised. Go try Ubuntu 18.10.

Again, it's a situation where there FAR too much hardware and software out there to make many generalizations. There's no way Linux is going to support my sig rig out of the box and even then there's many, many hours of research and setup. VR seems to improved a lot using Steam Play but I have no idea about the compatibility of each and every VR title have. If you a person with a few games on using a relatively basic PC sure things might go well under Linux.

GTA V is playable.

The latest Assassin's Creed I've seen playable

Ni No Kuni, not sure

Yeah wine for some, but with things like Lutris and Steam Play it's child's play to get up and running now.

GTA 5, Assasin's Creed, Ni No Kuni are the current ones I bounce between at this time. Are you talking about using Wine?

GTA V is playable.

The latest Assassin's Creed I've seen playable

Ni No Kuni, not sure

Yeah wine for some, but with things like Lutris and Steam Play it's child's play to get up and running now.

I'll have to look into it then. I've considered dual booting so I could get used to using Linux. I'll have to do some research and talk to my brother about picking a distro. I hadn't heard of Lutris, and it looks great!

Ubuntu. It's the distro with the most gaming-centric work being done around it, the most documentation, etc. You could be successful with other distros, but if you want to maximize efficacy, go Ubuntu.

I'll have to look into it then. I've considered dual booting so I could get used to using Linux. I'll have to do some research and talk to my brother about picking a distro. I hadn't heard of Lutris, and it looks great!

Ubuntu. It's the distro with the most gaming-centric work being done around it, the most documentation, etc. You could be successful with other distros, but if you want to maximize efficacy, go Ubuntu.

Thanks, I'll look into that distro. What do you think of ArchLinux? That's what my brother uses.

Unnecessarily complex with no real gains over things like Ubuntu. It's not bad, just needless complexity to do the same things. If you want complexity go Gentoo or LFS. If you want to actually get things done, go use Ubuntu.

Thanks, I'll look into that distro. What do you think of ArchLinux? That's what my brother uses.

Unnecessarily complex with no real gains over things like Ubuntu. It's not bad, just needless complexity to do the same things. If you want complexity go Gentoo or LFS. If you want to actually get things done, go use Ubuntu.

No not interested in complexity. I want it to work. I'll look into Ubuntu and get a dual boot going.

Back