Microsoft Expertzone - Retail Employees Only

Let me go ahead and add to this list of complaints. I hate these bastages more and more. Now I am listed as a veteran. Awesome! I have two more promo codes for 1,000 points each, meaning all I would have to get after them was 1,000 of their ridiculously long tests to finally get the best rewards.:rolleyes:

Promo Codes:

"I am back" = 1,000
"ExpertZone113" = 1,000
And for those who missed the other one, "November" is worth 1,000 too.

You get more rewards but the price does not (or has yet) dropped nor the amount of points required. I seriously thought about making a "microcheats" site complete with screen shots of answers to aall their tests in order to get at them. Alas, I'm not smart enough for that so they are safe. Lucky &^#$'s!

Thanks for those codes, they carry a ton of points now that all the quizzes are worth 100 points. I am also listed as a "Veteran" now to, for what its worth.:rolleyes:

The rewards are very poor, IMO, even more so when the higher status does not unlock any worthwhile rewards.

Is gears of war two included for veteran status?

Hell no. Even if it were, you would have to buy it within 5min (probably) of being posted to get one. I don't understand why microsuck is doing this. I mean you are there to learn and earn, but you never really earn anything and when you do finally earn something you really want, its because you stayed up till 6am EST to catch new deals. For the off chance your dumbass snoozes for 5min and forgot to refresh the page you will be up the next night waiting again. I think you guys are starting to understand my frustration :cool:

I like how I logged in today to check my updated status as I had 3000 pts and it tells me that I have to now earn 4000 points to reach expert. That is not what the faq said a week ago.
EDIT: Their FAQ appears to be down. Maybe they are changing that part.

I like how I logged in today to check my updated status as I had 3000 pts and it tells me that I have to now earn 4000 points to reach expert. That is not what the faq said a week ago.
EDIT: Their FAQ appears to be down. Maybe they are changing that part.

Yeah, I noticed the same. Funny, they keep asking for more while giving less.

So it finally bumped me up to veteran, but now it wants another 3500 points before Feb 7th to reach expert. At around 100 points per quiz that means 35 quizzes in less than a month... not happening. Anyone have any more codes? Because that's the only way I'm ever going to get to expert.

Well, 57 more quizzes and I'll have the 360. lol, seriously, those things take way too long to do.

Dang, I missed GOW2 again. Fable 2 and Lips are still there though.

Oh and use promo code "coolstuff" for another 1000 points.

Well, I think I've been screwed out of Fable 2 and Fallout 3 thanks to noscript.

I selected allow this site, but for some reason I got an error when I tried to order Fallout 3 a little over two weeks back. I didn't get to enter any of my information, but the game is listed in my order history, the points were subtracted and it said I paid $10 even though I didn't enter any credit card info.

I just tried to order Fable 2, and got the same damn thing. Now I'm out 1,000 points and both games have been taken off my list, yet I'm sure the order wasn't completed for either.

I clicked allow scripts globally on no script and tried for another game, and it worked fine. Even though I told it to allow everything on that site, it still filtered out something and now I'll probably never be able to get either game :(.

Yeah, the site is pretty buggy. I lost 500 points when I added a game and went to checkout but didn't submit the order. The game is no longer in my cart, nor is it in my order history, but I didn't get my points back. Plus, I've taken some quizes but a couple of them haven't given me any points.

Oh and I've gone from needing 3500 points to reach expert to needing 3500 points to reach veteran, to needing 0 points to reach expert, all in one day.

Thanks for the 1k code!!

26 more tests and I can get the Xbox 360 if I wanted a 3rd one. (Thats after I've ordered 3 games too.)

Well, I really only have 1 I use, not planning on using my custom "Dark Knight" I won from Dominos.

Well, I think I've been screwed out of Fable 2 and Fallout 3 thanks to noscript.

I selected allow this site, but for some reason I got an error when I tried to order Fallout 3 a little over two weeks back. I didn't get to enter any of my information, but the game is listed in my order history, the points were subtracted and it said I paid $10 even though I didn't enter any credit card info.

I just tried to order Fable 2, and got the same damn thing. Now I'm out 1,000 points and both games have been taken off my list, yet I'm sure the order wasn't completed for either.

I clicked allow scripts globally on no script and tried for another game, and it worked fine. Even though I told it to allow everything on that site, it still filtered out something and now I'll probably never be able to get either game :(.

I had the same problem. I e-mailed them and they said they would reset the items and my points. But, it hasn't happened yet and that was like a week and a half ago.

EDIT: They also said that they knew about the problem and were working on it, but had no fix and could not retrieve the order.

Ahh.. I wondered what happened to Fallout 3 / CoD. I added them to my cart and then removed them and now they are no longer on the site for me to pick them to order again right after I removed them. I figured they had sold out, but I guess its a bug in the system.

They probably are sold out. I don't see them on my rewards. Which is why I'm not happy at the delay until mine are restored. They might sell out of what I had selected before I can order it.

I had the same problem. I e-mailed them and they said they would reset the items and my points. But, it hasn't happened yet and that was like a week and a half ago.

EDIT: They also said that they knew about the problem and were working on it, but had no fix and could not retrieve the order.

Yeah, I just got the same email.

It'd be nice if they'd give me a time table on when they plan to reset my points and my items.

I e-mailed them back asking how much longer until I get them and aI got this response:
Our Technical Team just informed me that they will run a script on Monday night (the 26th) to reverse this issue. Once the script is run, the points will be returned to your account and you will have the option of reordering the products as long as they are in stock.

For anyone who doesn't already know, if you complete one lesson in each of the different sub-categories, you will earn the "jack of all trades" badge and a bonus 500 points.

Once the script is run, the points will be returned to your account and you will have the option of reordering the products as long as they are in stock.

Something tells me neither of the two games I ordered will be in stock :(. Sucks, would have really liked to try Fable 2.

Something tells me neither of the two games I ordered will be in stock :(. Sucks, would have really liked to try Fable 2.

That is what I am afraid of. One of the games I ordered is Lips 2 because my girlfriend and her friends love American Idol. They would probably love that with the wireless mics. But they are probably all sold out.

Man, I wish they would respond to my emails. When I signed up, it told me that my address was already in use, so I just used my same address but with a different house number. I figured that I could just change my address later like the old site would let us do, but no go. Now I have 11,500 points and I'm ready to order some stuff but I can't because my address isn't right. My friend has emailed them about order problems and has gotten responses in under 12 hours, I've emailed them about this several times over the last week and still haven't heard from them.

I e-mailed them back asking how much longer until I get them and aI got this response:
Our Technical Team just informed me that they will run a script on Monday night (the 26th) to reverse this issue. Once the script is run, the points will be returned to your account and you will have the option of reordering the products as long as they are in stock.

Did your points get returned? Mine didn't :(.

They have zunes on there now, 8s and 120s for 0 points and 89.99 and 199.99 respectively.

Did your points get returned? Mine didn't :(.

Mine didn't come back either. Not that it really matters since I have 11,400 points anyway. They did add Zunes and stuff though. Not much of a discount on the 120gb, but fairly good on the 8gb I think. At least they don't cost us any points.

I don't see Zunes, guess you have to be at Expert level.

I'm only at Veteran since I haven't seen any point in continuing to play since I just lose my points and the ability to order the prize I want whenever I add something, and now there's nothing left I really want.

It would be infuriating to shoot for something with a high point total, then have it take all my points, and not get to order it.

I'm only at Veteran since I haven't seen any point in continuing to play since I just lose my points and the ability to order the prize I want whenever I add something, and now there's nothing left I really want.

It would be infuriating to shoot for something with a high point total, then have it take all my points, and not get to order it.

Actually I'm a veteran and i can see them no problem, maybe they just put them up?

Nope, no points back yet. At least I move up to expert soon, which will probably just drop point requirements and no money. If they give a good discount on the prices, may just pick up a zune and some accessories.

My friend is still at the newbie level and he can see them. They're at the very bottom of the rewards page.

Actually I'm a veteran and i can see them no problem, maybe they just put them up?

I've refreshed a couple times now and they're not there for me :confused:. Even logged out and logged back in, nothing.

Maybe it's a Veteran and up thing and the site doesn't think I'm at Veteran yet? It says Veteran next to my name, and says I'm going for Expert, but when the bubble pops up it says "3500 points to get to Veteran Status".

Who knows with this site with all it's bugs.

EDIT: Well, if a Newbie can see them too then I have no idea what's up. All I see at the bottom in the Zune section is the same old crap that's always been there, dock, T-shirt, soundbag, and patch.

Update on the points issue:

The ExpertZone program manager just informed me that the script was not run on Monday night. He suggested that it will be run on February 2nd, so we appreciate your patience as we attempt to reverse this checkout issue for you.

Respectfully,

Derek
Microsoft Retail ExpertZone Customer Support

Just to let you guys know, if you spend 10,000 points, you get another badge and a bonus 2,000 points.

I dont see any Zunes under my Veteran account. Will be Expert on Feb 3.

Gonna take a bit to spend 10,000 points, dont need another Xbox 360.

You guys should be able to see the zunes now. I am a veteran, the cost is 0 points each, $90 for a 8GB, $200 for 120GB.

Back