Microsoft Edge Now Available for iOS and Android

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Starting today, Microsoft Edge is available for iOS and Android as a free download. It brings familiar features like your Favorites, Reading List, New Tab Page, Reading View, and Roaming Passwords across your PC and phone, but what makes Microsoft Edge really stand out is the ability to continue on your PC.

We are committed to empowering people and organizations to achieve more, and Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android is another step in that journey. While we’re excited to remove the preview label along with the download restrictions, we are more excited about all that’s ahead. We have a long list of new features to build and improvements to make. We hope you will try the app alongside your Windows 10 PCs and provide your ideas on what can make it even better.

I am pretty sure it is not "arguably one of the worst browsere in history". It simply is the worst browser in history.

what-is-my-purpose-you-install-chrome-14664792.png

LOL how is this any better than throwing the money spent developing it out of the window instead? Well played MS.

I wonder how many people would be stupid enough to install it? I bet those that are paying for a plot of a virtual world in "Star Citizen" would be good candidates. :)

My question is when can I install Edge for Linux? Internet Explorer for Unix is stuck at version 5 and while it's just about perfect, would like a newer interface.

It's like a 50mb .apk. For a browser? Never checked to see what Chrome was doing.

Edge on WP10 being worse than mobile ie on WP8 is what finally drove me to switch to Android -- why would anybody install/use it on a phone that already has a browser that is better than dunking your head in a toliet?

Which translates as "We realize most people surf on the phone now. So to ensure a steady stream of statistics on you, we have offered you new and improved spyware for your phone and tablet."

For a computer forum, this place sure hates Microsoft.

Chrome is a fucking mess, sucking up insane amounts of RAM and using tons of CPU resources on some websites. The Edge browsing experience is smoother and undoubtedly uses less resources.

That being said, I'm invested into the Google ecosystem for myself and my business (Gsuite) so I use Chrome. If Microsoft had perfect Google account syncing and app compatibility on it's apps and browser then I would probably use it as my daily driver.

Chrome is a fucking mess, sucking up insane amounts of RAM and using tons of CPU resources on some websites. The Edge browsing experience is smoother and undoubtedly uses less resources.

That being said, I'm invested into the Google ecosystem for myself and my business (Gsuite) so I use Chrome. If Microsoft had perfect Google account syncing and app compatibility on it's apps and browser then I would probably use it as my daily driver.

Chrome is insanely fast and has the best security. That obviously takes resources. But I will admit, when 12 tabs eat up my 16 gigs of memory, I get a little alarmed.

If MS did this back in the day with Internet Exploder that would have made sense but this is a little to late.

There are still things as Opera or Vivladi out there maybe Firefox ? So I'm not so sure that you would have to rely on Edge to do browsing. Kind of sad that Opera went Chrome route as well ...

I sincerely dont remember the last time chrome crashed for, or displayed a page messed up. Don't know about resource use, but it doesn't slow down my computer any more than any other program of similar nature.

Gee what they really need is a device you can use outside the office or home that syncs to your respective networks and can use all the same applications. Oh wait, they abandoned it.

They realized their Mobile OS was a failure (had some good ideas but a failure none the less) why cant they realize that their browser is as well. so much time and energy spent on it when other parts of windows could really use it

I am using Edge completely on my Android phone, works just fine. Better than Firefox beta and I am not going to use Chrome, no thanks.

They realized their Mobile OS was a failure (had some good ideas but a failure none the less) why cant they realize that their browser is as well. so much time and energy spent on it when other parts of windows could really use it

Their OS was no where near a failure, what they did with it and how they treated it was.

Great. Now I can ignore it on Android as well.
Although, I did find the browser emulation thing useful, when microsoft's media creation tool was borked and I had to pretend I'm using Safari to get access to download the win10 iso... Just Microsoft things :)

I am pretty sure it is not "arguably one of the worst browsere in history". It simply is the worst browser in history.

I recall Apple's Safari 5 for Windows.... and id say that POS gives Edge a run for its money as the Worst Browser ever.

Back