Micro ATX cases

Dexter007

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to build a new system to replace my Sandy Bridge rig in the near future. I want to go smaller with this build and I think I've settled on a micro-atx case. There are 3 cases I like (I like simple and quiet) but none of them have a front USB C port. I plan to keep the system for a number of years so it would be nice to have USB C available.

The cases I like are:
Fractal Define Mini C
Cooler Master Silencio S400
Antec P5

Does anyone know of any m-atx cases like these planned for the near future with USB C in front? Or does anyone have a good website or source to follow with news on future PC cases (besides Hard Forum of course)?

fwiw.. I have an old school Silverstone SG12 matx that has USB-C in the front.

Thanks for the suggestion, magnetik. My preference is more of the tower style, and I like that the 3 cases I mentioned are all geared toward sound dampening. I like the look of that Silverstone case though.

I'm a stickler for noise, the sound reducing padding Fractal Design puts on their panels is awesome and they are functional aesthetically pleasing too.
I was actually looking at the Define C regular for my next case.

Silverstone RL08 - no USB-C but otherwise the best mATX case I've ever owned. Run dual 140s up front and it has room for an optical drive as well as being nice to look at (without being exotic). Available in white for normies and red for those looking for more excitement in their computing life...

I went Micro ITX recently, but I'm rebuilding this Silverstone into a nice gaming rig for my son.

Let me ask this: if you were building a new system now that you expect to keep (at least the case) for 5 years, would having a USB-C port in the front be a priority? Maybe I'm getting hung up on that one feature needlessly.

Let me ask this: if you were building a new system now that you expect to keep (at least the case) for 5 years, would having a USB-C port in the front be a priority? Maybe I'm getting hung up on that one feature needlessly.
Unless the motherboard supplies 45w or 65w power, or is 10gbps gen 2, which I don't think they all do, Type C is just a form factor. Any regular USB3 typeA port has the same bandwidth that a typec 3.1 gen1 does.

I don't think it's the bandwidth that I'd be concerned with. It's the form factor for me. I'm thinking that C will eventually become the standard and if that's the case I'd like to have that connectivity available.

Jut buy one of these and put it in whatever case you get.
50Cm Usb 3.1 Front Panel Header

1585756822722.png

Pretty much you want a BlackBox? and Do you really need a USB-C on Case?

Here are my choices on m-ATX Cases :

- Phanteks Evolv Tempered Glass.
- Corsair 280X Tempered Glass.
- NZXT H400i

Back