Merry Christmas Taken Down and Arrested

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that roll your eyes when people say Christmas in America is under attack, what do you have to say about THIS! Merry Christmas has been taken into custody, so you can take down the tree and unstuff the stockings...I don’t think she’s gonna make bail.

Merry Christmas came out and began shouting at another woman police were interviewing, so loudly the second woman began screaming. The officer told Christmas to back off but she didn't, the report said. As the female officer attempted to take her into custody, she pulled away, and the officer had to bend her arm to take her down, the report said.

Its pretty sad when simply any form of touching a police officer = Battery. However its not battery or brutality when they taze you four times and beat your skull in.

"had spend time"... good to see that ebonics is infiltrating our newspapers too.

My mother in-law knows of someone who was named that too. The parents thought it was "cute" at the time.

interesting story......i do like how the article is not allowing user comments below it(on the site)....needless to say this is an interesting story.

My mother in-law knows of someone who was named that too. The parents thought it was "cute" at the time.

The real question here is why in the hell that lady didn't change her name first chance she got.

Its pretty sad when simply any form of touching a police officer = Battery. However its not battery or brutality when they taze you four times and beat your skull in.

Battery is commonly defined as:

an unlawful touching, beating, wounding, or laying hold, however trifling, of another's person or clothes without his or her consent.

A specific Florida definition is here: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0784/SEC03.HTM&Title=->2007->Ch0784->Section%2003#0784.03

of note:
A person who has one prior conviction for battery, aggravated battery, or felony battery and who commits any second or subsequent battery commits a felony of the third degree

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0784/SEC07.HTM&Title=->2009->Ch0784->Section%2007#0784.07
In the case of law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical care providers, public transit employees or agents, or other specified officers
(b) In the case of battery, from a misdemeanor of the first degree to a felony of the third degree.

Police officers wear uniforms, and drive cars with big flashy lights and loud whee-whee noises. You learn this in grade school. They're not incredibly hard to identify. If you see an officer in uniform, and shove him, you have committed battery. Depending from which direction the shove came from, the officer could have been expecting serious bodily injury(SBI), and could have sustained an SBI, had he fallen and hit his head on a brick, curb, fixture or sculpture outside of the courthouse. Bam, aggravated battery.

Aggravated battery of law enforcement officers, firefighters, emergency medical care providers, public transit employees or agents, or other specified officers:
(d) In the case of aggravated battery, from a felony of the second degree to a felony of the first degree. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any person convicted of aggravated battery of a law enforcement officer shall be sentenced to a minimum term of imprisonment of 5 years.

For a gentleman with 6 felonies under his belt, you would hope that he would know better than to even lay a hand on an officer. Depending on when he was released, and what his other felonies were for, Florida law http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0775/Sec082.HTM for a MINIMUM 5 year sentence for a 3rd degree felony by someone who has 3 prior felony convictions.

Anyway, if you don't like the laws, get off your ass, vote, run for office, get involved. Sitting at home and demonizing cops on the internet for exercising the tools given to them legally by the authorities that be, is completely useless.

What kind of parents would name their child Merry Christmas? Really? I mean that's just terrible.

And what does this have to do with technology?

"had spend time"... good to see that ebonics is infiltrating our newspapers too.

I believe that simple battery is just an unwanted touch. In the case of cops, I think it's a bit like an umpire in baseball. If you touch them while arguing with them, you're tossed from the game. If you touch the copy while you're verbally assaulting them, an arrest and a battery charge are likely to follow.

the name could have been something less obvious, say Mary Christmas... If Lloyd Christmas married Mary in Dumb and Dumber.

The shit down here never ceases to amaze me...one week we got a dude killing 4 family members, the next week we got officers arresting Christmas.

What kind of parents would name their child Merry Christmas? Really? I mean that's just terrible.

the name could have been something less obvious, say Mary Christmas... If Lloyd Christmas married Mary in Dumb and Dumber.

Maybe the parents thought you were supposed to spell the female name Mary as Merry.

A deliveryman at my sisters work was telling her a few months back how his wife got a new job. Her manager's name is Chris Christmas and how he had a sister named Mary. So I am guessing that a lot of people with the last name Christmas think it is funny / cute to name their female child Mary. I bet a lot of them are happy as hell to get married as soon as possible to change their name.

My gf have a aunt with the family name being Christmas so that's no surprise for me. Still funny to call it Merry !

$10 (in one dollar bills) says she was a stripper...

The irony is that stripping is protected under the First Amendment, but Christmas displays are not. Exactly what the Framers intended!

Thanks ACLU, for ruining the country, and Merry Christmas

The irony is that stripping is protected under the First Amendment, but Christmas displays are not. Exactly what the Framers intended!

Thanks ACLU, for ruining the country, and Merry Christmas

The ACLU has only fought against religious displays on public (government owned) property. Nobody's preventing you from walking around with a sign saying the end of the world is coming or that God is going to strike down sinners or that Jesus Saves.

For that matter, the ACLU defends Christians

Back