Megabots' Organizer Says Next Step is Giant Robot Fighting League

monkeymagick

[H]News
Megabots' CEO, Gui Cavalcanti would like to move forward in organizing a fight league of sorts with other teams of giant robot makers. A week ago, the US and Japan presented their "best" robots forward in a giant robot duel presented on Twitch. Hopefully, most kept their hype in check as the fight was lackluster, but amusing to see giant sheets of metal wailing at each other very slowly. Cavalcanti also envisions a future similar to monster truck shows, hoping that eventually the robots can reach up to 25mph and "zoom across the arena."

"There was a ton of overwhelming excitement," Cavalcanti tells The Verge, before adding, "And we had a bunch of fans who felt like it was not exactly what they imagined. And I think the first time you create anything you're going to have a lot of critics who say it's not what they imagined. The Beatles were not immediately popular, right?"

I saw the show. It was very cringe worthy. I couldn't watch it without 2x play speed and skipping the narrative.
The fight itself felt like it was poorly scripted and just... disastrously bad.

What was expected: Battlebots XL or Mech WWE
What we got: Every detail that makes TV shows or movies awful, harnessed into this single episode that's not even 30mins long. The cringe worthiness is Incomparable...

Like I can still laugh at badly done movies and scenes, but this... this was a one of a kind.

and what... they intend to make this into a series? Well, it looks like Duck Dynasty will have some competition now.

How about we make things that don't get converted into weapons of war?

Construction bots? sure! yes!

War/ fighting? no.

Can we fucking finally move on from our need to kill and maim our fellow man?

The 5 minute promo for the American robot was more exhilarating than the stupid "fight". Maybe they could hire Vince McMahon to help spice things up! Oh, I could just imagine the promos of the two robots smack talking each other... Wait, no, actually I can't imagine that...

The current US administration is killing civilians via air strikes at about twice the rate of the previous one. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

War/ fighting? no.

Oh please, comparing these to war machines is like calling video games soldier training. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Back on topic. How about we make some necessary changes to the concept like, no humans in the robots and no horrible WWE type scripting.

Call me back when they equip the robots with nuclear reactors, synthetic muscle fibers and advanced weaponry.

Wow... This is turning into G Gundam, every country fighting with a giant robot.. So sweeeet.

Scrap the NFL and use that money for robot death league, they won't whine, cry, draw attention away from gang violence by blaming police or say they are being held back in life.

War/ fighting? no.

You need to watch Patlabor...

And we need weapons to fight aliens

Wow... This is turning into G Gundam, every country fighting with a giant robot.. So sweeeet.

Scrap the NFL and use that money for robot death league, they won't whine, cry, draw attention away from gang violence by blaming police or say they are being held back in life.

If we can remote pilot the mechs, there won't even be the head injury issue! WIN/WIN!

SzK5O6z.jpg

The public's perception of a robot fight:

Let's put humans in giant exoskeletons and they'll rip each other to shreds, and someone wins! Yay!

The reality of what is achievable:

We're going to put a human SAFELY into a robot that is kind of like an exoskeleton, it will have reliable mobility, the human will never be in danger, and we pretty much have to choose what parts of each robot can be destroyed, otherwise it might be too much of a risk to the HUMAN pilot.

I'm just talking about the robots "fighting", not even about the boring faux "dramatic" video production methods used to put on this "first episode".

Have you watched this robot fight show?
It is nowhere near anything like G Gundam.
It was more like two overweight toddlers shoving each other.

Oh please, comparing these to war machines is like calling video games soldier training. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Back on topic. How about we make some necessary changes to the concept like, no humans in the robots and no horrible WWE type scripting.
WWE scripting might be bad, but it wasn't this bad.
And at least the acrobatics in pro wrestling is very entertaining to watch.
There's none of that fun action here.

Have you watched this robot fight show?
It is nowhere near anything like G Gundam.
It was more like two overweight toddlers shoving each other.

WWE scripting might be bad, but it wasn't this bad.
And at least the acrobatics in pro wrestling is very entertaining to watch.
There's none of that fun action here.

WWE scripting and over the top theatrics are absolutely as bad as that. Fans just don't see it because..bias.

Back