Meet the Xbox 360

the-real-xbox-360-20050422071730404.jpg

And this is supposed size comparison:

ps2vsxbox28hp.jpg

And this shows the removeable HD:

1114229643.jpg

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I don't want to have to buy stupid memory cards :mad: ... and this thing gonna use wireless controller ? Not sure if I like it.

U HAX0R said:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I don't want to have to buy stupid memory cards :mad: ... and this thing gonna use wireless controller ? Not sure if I like it.

Its got a harddrive, so stop whining over the memory card.
Some people actually like to have their characters/cars/stats on hand.

Wireless desktops have proven for a long time now cords are pointless. Through I do wonder about the battery/charger. Sounds like another path to make sure the system brings in a steady stream of money.

Looks nice, I just hope with the smaller size they can dissipate enough heat out of the projected 3 cores and R520 (which would pump out a lot of heat if they are anything like the x800s or 6xxx serieses)

retardedchicken said:
Looks nice, I just hope with the smaller size they can dissipate enough heat out of the projected 3 cores and R520 (which would pump out a lot of heat if they are anything like the x800s or 6xxx serieses)

I'm sure it has pretty good cooling...

im really wondering what they are using to cool this thing. the only legit thing would be heatpipes and some intense lowspeed triblade deltas. xbox1 would pump out some serious heat, the first versions did, atleast.

memory cards and wireless controllers arent cool. recharging a controller all the time would be so stupid its not even funny.

the sizes don't match

it holds the HDD on the edge?
then no way it's as skinny as the comparison shot shows

From the looks of things, the memory cards are more for transporting characters/settings from one Xbox to another. How else would you do it? As to the wireless controler, I'm willing to bet they have a pretty decent battery life between recharges. Unless you play 24/7, I doubt it will be an issue.

michealo said:
the sizes don't match

it holds the HDD on the edge?
then no way it's as skinny as the comparison shot shows

It's probably a smaller HD similiar to what's found in iPods, etc.

Also, the size comparison shot was created simply by comparing the DVD drive slots, nothing else, so technically if one of them is using an out of spec DVD drive slot then the whole comparison shot could be out of whack.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I'm sure it has pretty good cooling...
theres probably a 5lb. copper block secured on every core using 20oz of AS5 to keep everything below 150 degrees...

Thats nothing more then a leaked rumored shot, its not confirmed at all...

If this is the system, it looks ugly as hell... I don't like the Hour Glass curve look...

I do remember GBA pics being leaked a month before unveiling, so this might hold SOME water...

hope not though, ugly as sin.

maybe MS learned that Wireless controllers are teh sh1t....*hugs Wavebird

guitarguy316 said:
memory cards and wireless controllers arent cool. recharging a controller all the time would be so stupid its not even funny.

Ever see how long a Wavebird can last on its batteries? :rolleyes:

That shit is so fake.

There's no way in hell they would use such a lame plain font on the CD tray saying "XBOX 360"

It's probably a smaller HD similiar to what's found in iPods, etc.

the cost alone would prevent this
even a 40GB notebook hard drive isnt cost effective

Is it just me or does the logo/on button thing look exremly photoshopped?

And on the wireless controller part, if it done recharchable, if implemented correctly you should never have to stop and charge (unless youu play for days straight ofcourse).

obyj34 said:
Is it just me or does the logo/on button thing look exremly photoshopped?

And on the wireless controller part, if it done recharchable, if implemented correctly you should never have to stop and charge (unless youu play for days straight ofcourse).
Yeah I am skeptical about wireless controllers only because I have yet to see how you can charge the batteries of the controller. Just seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Of course I have yet to see how they recharge the batteries.

Fake.

MS said the controller ports would be regular USB, not the hacked ones lke on the Xbox.

The raised area with the green logo is shaded diffrently

Its fake, we'll all see what it really looks like May 12th

so_cal_forever said:
It's amazing what people can do with 3D modeling programs and pirated copys of photoshop. :rolleyes:
Yup.

It's pretty crappy render at that.

Hate_Bot said:
Fake.
MS said the controller ports would be regular USB, not the hacked ones lke on the Xbox.
The raised area with the green logo is shaded diffrently
Its fake, we'll all see what it really looks like May 12th
can i quote you on this?
im willing to bet that is the general design of the xbox. but some things will probally change.

XB360p1.jpg

look at the arrow on the eject button. this image seems like a concept or early model of the xbox360.

1114229643.jpg

look at the direction the arrow on the eject button is faced. different from the one that looks like photoshop. seems to me the one with the arrow facing up is the real one, looks more real IMO. im betting the xbox360 will look like this, even though its an small image of the entire console.

also look at the side, where theres a small horizontal line that looks like it will be a light, this isnt on the first image. which gives me more of an idea that this pic is more "finalized".

about the controllers being usb, it could still be usb in the back even though this wouldnt reeally be effiecient/optimal but it could work. wireless controllers seem more professional to the design.(if that made any sense).

OR if you look to the right of the "more rendered/photoshoped" picture, next to the power button, the rounded rectangle looking object could actually open up to show USB ports. but this is just speculation/guesses on my part.

also, look at the memory card slot. one is uppercased, another is lower cased.

another thing, i beleive that the 2nd picture came from ourcolony, which give me a bit more reason to beleive its real.

either way i think both images represent the closest design to what the final will look like, but like you said we will see the truth on may 12th..

to tell you the truth, im more interested in what the PS3 will look like. :cool:

who cares what they LOOK like? let's see what they can do. someone photoshop an image of THAT!!
sometimes a visual of what it looks like can interpret of what it will do. example: wireless port on the images, could indicate that we might have wireless headsets,keyboard, mouses, controllers, other devices that might be useful while playing games.

i know you talking about graphics, but other things DO count when purchasing a 300-500 dollar console. ;) you kinda want to know the most about it as possible before you throw down cash like that. even if we are just speculating things right now.

Fake or not, I am sure the 360 will look a lot nicer than the original Xbox.

Staples said:
Fake or not, I am sure the 360 will look a lot nicer than the original Xbox.

Definately...the bulky design really fucked them in Asia with the original. Asian people are already skeptical of American products...a bulky-assed black thing definately what was needed to win their hearts over.

Back