Mass Effect 3 SPOILERS THREAD

Not that I know of. The producer on this panel wouldnt say anything about anything on it.

There has been nothing new about the Extended Cut DLC aside from the fact that voice actors have been called in for additional dialog recording sessions.

....aside from the fact that voice actors have been called in for additional dialog recording sessions.

Really?! I didnt know that. Thats pretty good news then that theyre actually putting some additional interaction and conversations together instead of what I feared theyd do and just slap together some more cut scenes and call it a day.

Well they could just be recording voiced cinematics. But I too hope it is new in-engine content.

Not really impressed with the way the Extended Cut has been handled so far. Virtually no information = still lots of speculation = probable disappointment when the DLC releases.

I hope they at least announce a firm release date before too long. ME2 DLC ran about 70 - 85 days apart with the exception coming from Arrival, which released ~200 days after LotSB. It's already been 80+ days since ME3 released.

All they've promised so far is more "explanation" and nothing at all about "content".

I wouldn't get your hopes up. After all, look how badly they botched it so far and they still stand by it as being awesomely good.

I'm expecting just still images and voiceover dialogue that attempts to explain that abortion of an ending, no in-engine stuff, no interactions at all and nothing that changes the outcome one bit.

They're gonna do as little as they have to in order to make this whole thing go away so people will forget about it......until they release ME4 with Shepard back once he/she crawls out of that rubble pile in London.

Sadly I can see EA doing that, and trying to milk us for more money for another game that makes even less sense than the ME3 ending did.

All they've promised so far is more "explanation" and nothing at all about "content".

I wouldn't get your hopes up. After all, look how badly they botched it so far and they still stand by it as being awesomely good.

I'm expecting just still images and voiceover dialogue that attempts to explain that abortion of an ending, no in-engine stuff, no interactions at all and nothing that changes the outcome one bit.

They're gonna do as little as they have to in order to make this whole thing go away so people will forget about it......until they release ME4 with Shepard back once he/she crawls out of that rubble pile in London.

Sadly I can see EA doing that, and trying to milk us for more money for another game that makes even less sense than the ME3 ending did.

I'm actually a bit impressed that they've released the MP content at no charge. Obviously there was the Resurgence Pack back in April, but they're also releasing a pack tomorrow with added maps, characters, weapons, and mission objective for free.

They're obviously trying to keep people interested in the ME brand.

They're obviously trying to keep people interested in the ME brand.
That's the only reason they released so much SP DLC for the second game. Had to remind folks about ME while they developed ME3 (and obviously make some money in the process). I'm guessing whatever EA releases next in the franchise will be MP focused, so that's probably why they aren't rushing to make any new SP content besides the EC.

That's the only reason they released so much SP DLC for the second game. Had to remind folks about ME while they developed ME3 (and obviously make some money in the process). I'm guessing whatever EA releases next in the franchise will be MP focused, so that's probably why they aren't rushing to make any new SP content besides the EC.

I think you're right. That explains why:

1) the end of ME3 is basically "an end once and for all."
2) BW invested the time to implement a MP component in the first place.
3) the current MP packs are free. Right now, BW is just trying to build up and develop a community. Eventually, though, the packs will cost money.

I also suspect BW/EA is making some nice cash from in-game purchases of recruit, veteran, and spectre packs: 240-320 BioWare points for what amounts to an equipment pack vs. 560 BioWare points for an in-depth SP DLC add-on like Overlord, which requires voice actors, story writers, artists, renderers, you name it.

Generally speaking, I'm sure EA sees MP as the most efficient way to make money.

Everybody seems to see MP as the most efficient way to make money. Dont really need any voice actors or story writers, you just draw up some maps and let er rip. Call of Duty is the worst thing that couldve happened to single player fans it seems.

I got nothing against mp games, it's really the fact that they had to ruin what was a purely sp focused series with it. it would've been all well and good if they could deliver the total package without compromises, but here we are.

After this game and tor I'm done with Bioware. They no longer exist as a gaming company and are now another crap EA game casualty. Time for me to move on to another company that's not bought out yet.

Bioware are a bunch of trolls

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/970146/1#970421

There are two endings I wouldn't like for ME 3. One being a random GOD LIKE force that saves the Galaxy or another being that to defeat the Reapers, everyone has to become a primitivst and destroy the Relays, Citadel, etc. Both would make me pretty unhappy as those endings have been done to death.

note the post date OVER TWO YEARS AGO

^ proves they got lazy?

Rumor has it that the Extended Cut wont get released until September. If true, that should mean it's a pretty significant size and likely to contain stuff other than cutscenes. On the other hand, if it's too big it could signal that BioWare actually did run out of time on the base game or they were just trolling us. I'd be happy either way LOL, as long as the EC is substantial.

How does that make BW trolls? Doesn't look like a Bioware employee. I doubt they catalog every post over there and consult them when designing their game. I'm guessing that person did not like the ending though... ;)

His profile says:

"Status
screwoffreg Screwoffregjr is my new account...I am not happy that I predicted the endings lol
Updated: 2 month(s) ago"

He got so mad that he made a new account LOL

^ proves they got lazy?

Rumor has it that the Extended Cut wont get released until September. If true, that should mean it's a pretty significant size and likely to contain stuff other than cutscenes. On the other hand, if it's too big it could signal that BioWare actually did run out of time on the base game or they were just trolling us. I'd be happy either way LOL, as long as the EC is substantial.

They could also be going slower on the Extended Cut DLC due to the fact that they are clearly concentrating on releasing multiplayer focused content.

^Supposedly a second team is working on the multiplayer stuff. Apparently the A-team -- the team responsible for the singleplayer in ME3 -- is working on SP DLC. Who knows if true; it's probably more PR BS.

^Supposedly a second team is working on the multiplayer stuff. Apparently the A-team -- the team responsible for the singleplayer in ME3 -- is working on SP DLC. Who knows if true; it's probably more PR BS.

I believe very little BioWare or EA say on the subject at this point. They've proven they can only tell half truths at best.

That... is seriously trippy. :eek: I havent been following the EC thing for a while thanks to Witcher 2 EE and Diablo 3. Any news (hopefully good?) and release dates?

They've said that they don't have anythign to announce, that they're hard at work on it :rolleyes:. One can only hope, I guess.

I wish they'd announce some more SP DLC. Anything. The rumored Omega DLC would be great.

They've said that they don't have anythign to announce, that they're hard at work on it :rolleyes:. One can only hope, I guess.

I wish they'd announce some more SP DLC. Anything. The rumored Omega DLC would be great.

Still being tight lipped eh, playing hard to catch? Well I'm not holding my breath for the DLC, if it succeeds or makes the failure more miserable doesnt matter that much anymore.

...or so I keep telling myself... :(

Done? Already? Hoo boy. That sounds like they just did a bunch of cut scenes. No new conversations or anything, just some new cinematics to expand on each ending.

Done? Already? Hoo boy. That sounds like they just did a bunch of cut scenes. No new conversations or anything, just some new cinematics to expand on each ending.

Pretty much what we all thought they were going to do. People hoped for a boss fight and a bunch of other stuff, but I don't think that is what we'll get.

Last edited:

well it is just a rumor, though the guy posting it was the guy who nailed the previous MP DLC release. If true, I bet we get an announcement next month near Comic-Con.

I'll be glad when the EC gets released mainly because I'm looking forward to them making more SP DLC. Hopefully we get that Omega DLC.

I'll be glad when the EC gets released mainly because I'm looking forward to them making more SP DLC. Hopefully we get that Omega DLC.

I don't know if they'll release SP stuff. If they do, I believe it will pale in scope and prevalence to MP DLC.

I know Casey said this:
Casey Hudson said:
There’s some multiplayer stuff, but we’re also planning some DLC on the single-player side, because it did really good in Mass Effect 2. There’s a reason why we can add stories to what’s there. The adventure-type DLC will happen in the time frame of Mass Effect 3, within your Mass Effect 3 storyline. It’s similar to how with Mass Effect 2, if you had a saved game from anywhere inside the game, you could go on to the DLC. We have a pretty neat concept for how it’s going to work.
But I won't take anything from Bioware at face value. It seems to me they are focused on Multiplayer.

I always use the quick saves. I don't think I have any saves other than the last quick save I did so that wont really work for me. No big deal as I'm sure I'll play thru a hundred more times. I'm halfway thru a renegade fem-shep game on ME2 so Ill be able to use the DLC with her.

As for the ending, I hope they at least expand the conversation with he AI kid. That's where a ton of questions are and not just expand on what happened to Joker.

But I won't take anything from Bioware at face value. It seems to me they are focused on Multiplayer.

Which is crazy. I can go weeks without playing a game and my N7 score hardly takes a hit on the national leader board. The global board seems like it's quite a bit more competitive, but I still have my doubts that that many people are playing. I think there are many people who've bought the game on sale and are playing just to get their SP galactic readiness up, and I think there is a smallish group of core players. Most people I see have N7 ranks of either <200 or >1000.

I always use the quick saves. I don't think I have any saves other than the last quick save I did so that wont really work for me. No big deal as I'm sure I'll play thru a hundred more times. I'm halfway thru a renegade fem-shep game on ME2 so Ill be able to use the DLC with her.

As for the ending, I hope they at least expand the conversation with he AI kid. That's where a ton of questions are and not just expand on what happened to Joker.

I've got 70+ saves in ME3. Though in that playthrough I was gathering and testing textures I was either downloading and trying, or modding myself.

I can't see myself buying any single player DLC with the way things ended up. This isn't "super nerd rage" or anything, but if they're sticking with their guns on the ending, then I really don't see myself plunking down cash for what's likely mediocre content. Did it in ME2 because I was addicted to the story and wanted whatever nugget I could get, not because the DLC was actually quality (with the exception of LotSB, which was good no matter how you look at it).

I can't see myself buying any single player DLC with the way things ended up. This isn't "super nerd rage" or anything, but if they're sticking with their guns on the ending, then I really don't see myself plunking down cash for what's likely mediocre content. Did it in ME2 because I was addicted to the story and wanted whatever nugget I could get, not because the DLC was actually quality (with the exception of LotSB, which was good no matter how you look at it).

Yep. I'm done with ME3. I'll probably replay 1 and 2 again some day (my plan was to do so right after 3, doing a renegade playthorugh instead) but I'm done on 3. It completely ruined the story for me, I'm not playing it anymore. I have plenty of other games to play, a backlog even (damn you Steam sales! :D). So if the story remains broken, I've no use for it.

Also I'm not going to give them more money for something that I feel was badly done. I'm a big proponent of voting with your dollars.

Yep. I'm done with ME3. I'll probably replay 1 and 2 again some day (my plan was to do so right after 3, doing a renegade playthorugh instead) but I'm done on 3. It completely ruined the story for me, I'm not playing it anymore. I have plenty of other games to play, a backlog even (damn you Steam sales! :D). So if the story remains broken, I've no use for it.

Also I'm not going to give them more money for something that I feel was badly done. I'm a big proponent of voting with your dollars.

Not much else than can be said. Agreed.

I've got 70+ saves in ME3. Though in that playthrough I was gathering and testing textures I was either downloading and trying, or modding myself.

Is there a standalone texture pack yet?

Yeah, I still have some Bioware points left over from the ME2 DLC LOL.

Is there a standalone texture pack yet?

Yeah, I still have some Bioware points left over from the ME2 DLC LOL.

No. Currently there are around 60 or so texture mods. We haven't compiled a pack yet. I don't know that will happen. With all the mods loaded it's too much for a lot of systems to handle. On my rig for example, VRAM usage is extremely high when I've got MSAA added to the mix and using 3 monitors. I've pegged out every bit of 3GB of VRAM depending on what I was doing. The way Texmod works, textures all load into memory all the time. And currently the only way to mod it is by using Texmod. There is another way, but it's severely limited in regard to texture sizes.

Another issue is that the various texture mods are all made by different people. And there are multiple mods for several things. Combining them into a single Texmod .TPF file wouldn't allow you to switch things up easily. I know there are two versions of the M-98 Widow. Mine and someone else did one as well. I like mine better, but if you didn't, mine is bundled with the Black Widow as well. So with mine you get both guns, and with his you wouldn't. Technically you can raise the other one higher on the list and mix mods, but that doesn't always work.

I guess all the speculation can stop - Extended Cut expected to hit 06/26, so we can all be prepared to be further disappointed tomorrow!

I guess all the speculation can stop - Extended Cut expected to hit 06/26, so we can all be prepared to be further disappointed tomorrow!

Not even going to waste my time. No way I'm playing through all that again. That's what youtube is for.

When it's all said and done I'll bet the best ending anyone can create for themselves will still be to immediately hit Alt-F4 after Anderson tells you he's proud of you.

Would just like some clarification of the ending...if Bioware can provide that then hoorah. The stuff with the Normandy and the crash-landing just makes no goddamn fucking sense at all.

Further clarification of nonsense is still going to be nonsense. No amount of explanation can elevate that ending out of the dumpster.

Back