• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Man its dead in here.

Around here, I pay electricity to fold but it's still "free" since any wasted electricity become heat and this is useful in this time of the year. I would rather pay to do something productive instead of feeding baseboard heaters.

...Unless someone find a way to have the baseboard heaters fold :D

However, it's up to everyone to decide how much to fold, whenever it's just 1 or 100,000 WU ;) Nobody is there to tell how everyone should contribute.

 
Around here, I pay electricity to fold but it's still "free" since any wasted electricity become heat and this is useful in this time of the year. I would rather pay to do something productive instead of feeding baseboard heaters.[/i]
Yep, I'm in eastern Canada and the winters are very cold indeed, so every degree of raised room temperatures produced by running systems cuts down the overall power consumption, especially in the basement where my computers are located. Adding systems this time of year might actually help, the only problem is the increased noise levels.

...Unless someone find a way to have the baseboard heaters fold :D
Wish that were posssible... :D
 
I haven't had to run the furnace (electric powered like everything in my apartment) ever since I started adding all the boxen. Plus, my electric bill for this time of year is at least $10-$15 lower than normal. Sure, for most people that doesn't sound like much, but I do seem to have cheaper electric than most people. Thus, I have no problems adding boxen when I can.

I just need at least one more wireless card and a couple boxen in cases for the two bedrooms so I can help keep them heated. The living room is where all 5 are right now as it's always the coldest room in the apartment during the winter. Unfortunately it's also the hottest in the summer. Yay for higher end air cooling and water cooling.

 
Where do you people live that electricity is so expensive? I guess where I live (Indiana) is towards the low-end as far as electricity costs go. Broadband internet, however, isn't cheap. Especially in the rural areas.
 
Back
Top