Malwarebytes Releases First Public Beta of Anti-Malware 2

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are a fan of Malwarebytes as many in the technology community are, you will be happy to hear their showcase product, Anti-Malware, has just released the first public beta of Anti-Malware 2. The software has a small footprint, works well with other malware programs and has a non-crippled free version available.

The new release also gains native x64 system location scanning, while the program has reportedly seen significant improvements in its detection and removal technology.

This is very nice to hear. Malwarebytes has been very competent and complete up til now and the improvements all look to only make it better.

My only issue is that the download is hosted by some third party and not actually from Malwarebytes, who even have a BETA download section on their site. Call me paranoid but seems sketchy, lol.

My only issue is that the download is hosted by some third party and not actually from Malwarebytes, who even have a BETA download section on their site. Call me paranoid but seems sketchy, lol.

yeah, that is a good point. Nothing on the malwarebytes site about this being a product. Just some sketchy site I have never heard of pointing you at another site I never heard of.

I am starting to wonder if somebody wasn't fooled here.

Yikes. I guess I should get an extra license for my laptop before they move to subscription based. Although, I've never had pro detect anything on my own system. Better safe than sorry.

Great... Now what happens to my 10+ "lifetime" membership purchases? Granted, they were only $7 or so, but still...

FYI, if you were planning on buying this.

DO IT NOW and get version 1.x before they switch over to 2.0 completely. The lifetime licenses are going bye bye, and it'll be $25/yr for it instead of $15-25 for lifetime.

They will honor lifetime licenses already sold, but they won't be doing so once 2.0 goes gold.

FYI

Have MWB on all my computers but don't like this idea of not having a lifetime update key when they states that was the case.
This should be honored.
I still have a NIB 1.0, hopefully that will be honored once I install it.

Current lifetime keys will remain lifetime. You will just have to convert to new key format when 2.0 is released final.

The beta has a separate key and is only good for the beta program. You can not use your existing key with the beta.

yeah, that is a good point. Nothing on the malwarebytes site about this being a product. Just some sketchy site I have never heard of pointing you at another site I never heard of.

I am starting to wonder if somebody wasn't fooled here.

The only sketch aspect of Betanews is their trolling editorials. Otherwise, they've been around for years and are a legitimate download site.

Back