Major Nelson Unboxes The Xbox One

This video pokes fun at all the countless unboxing videos I hate.

"check out the font on the glossy black cardboard box.... nah, fuck that."

I hate protracted unboxing videos. Just take all the shit out, lay it on the table, THEN hit the record button.

So I take it you tell everyone not to buy laptops then :rolleyes:

It is the Xbox derangement syndrome. You can't talk sense with many people, and many forget the fact that you can switch the Kinect off from within the internal OS. If that isn't enough, just do what I do and put a piece of tape over the camera on my laptop.

No it is called a Strawman argument. A laptop camera isn't in any way able to be remotely operated by the manufacturer without your consent. There are a plethora of options to completely and utterly disable it in addition to that simple fact. The XB1 camera however you DO NOT have control over. Disabling it in the software is a soft shutdown where the thing is Still required to be plugged in and it is Still completely under the control of MS to do with As they please. So kindly stop trying to refute actual facts with blatant strawman bullshit, it doesn't do anything except make you look like a fanboy.

No it is called a Strawman argument. A laptop camera isn't in any way able to be remotely operated by the manufacturer without your consent. There are a plethora of options to completely and utterly disable it in addition to that simple fact. The XB1 camera however you DO NOT have control over. Disabling it in the software is a soft shutdown where the thing is Still required to be plugged in and it is Still completely under the control of MS to do with As they please. So kindly stop trying to refute actual facts with blatant strawman bullshit, it doesn't do anything except make you look like a fanboy.
I don't think you know what a strawman fallacy is... the only fallacy being committed is from you; raising the bar, suppressed evidence and attacking the person using the excuse of pointing out a fallacy as a way to dismiss what they said.

You change the position from spy camera, when given statement that you can turn it off, you say you can't and Microsoft now has control over it no matter what. Neither of you presented evidence of the such so both are arguments of authority in which you are equals until proof of relevancy of person to the topic can be given, raising the bar and suppressed evidence. This leads into an attack on the person by claiming straw-man suggesting that he did not argue what your originally wanted to argue about. But given you restructured your argument to include new information it's not a straw-man because your poorly argued your original statement else why did add new evidence and change position from spy camera to control over camera.

personally i dont care what the fuck you or the other guy call it, but yeah youre right. a laptop is camera is yours and you can cover it up or disable it or whatever if you want. the xbox camera is required to be on, cant be covered up, and MS has 100% control over it.

Just means they are using 4k compliant cable so hdmi 1.4.x cable. How is that hard to believe?

yep just a 4k cable. the console will NOT be 4k in any way shape or form.

Just means they are using 4k compliant cable so hdmi 1.4.x cable. How is that hard to believe?
Because there's no such thing. There are only four kinds of HDMI cables:
High-speed with Ethernet
High-speed without Ethernet
Standard-speed with Ethernet
Standard-speed without Ethernet
Remember HDMI specs refer to the equipment not to the cable.

I don't think you know what a strawman fallacy is... the only fallacy being committed is from you; raising the bar, suppressed evidence and attacking the person using the excuse of pointing out a fallacy as a way to dismiss what they said.

You change the position from spy camera, when given statement that you can turn it off, you say you can't and Microsoft now has control over it no matter what. Neither of you presented evidence of the such so both are arguments of authority in which you are equals until proof of relevancy of person to the topic can be given, raising the bar and suppressed evidence. This leads into an attack on the person by claiming straw-man suggesting that he did not argue what your originally wanted to argue about. But given you restructured your argument to include new information it's not a straw-man because your poorly argued your original statement else why did add new evidence and change position from spy camera to control over camera.

His point still stands though.

Laptop camera = put tape over it, remove it completely, competely disable it by removing drivers and software so that the PC doesn't even recognize it, etc.

Xbox One camera = disable it from software which could so very easily be enabled remotely, NEEDS TO BE CONNECTED REGARLDESS IF IT'S TURNED OFF IN THE OS OR NOT.

I mean, ask yourself. If the Kinect can be disabled and it will TRULY be disabled then WHY does it STILL need to be connected? Only reason I can logically come up with is that it's either never TRULY disabled or Microsoft wants the ability to enable it any time they want to.

Comparing a laptop camera and the Kinect are, in my opinion, two totally different things.

His point still stands though.

Laptop camera = put tape over it, remove it completely, competely disable it by removing drivers and software so that the PC doesn't even recognize it, etc.

Xbox One camera = disable it from software which could so very easily be enabled remotely, NEEDS TO BE CONNECTED REGARLDESS IF IT'S TURNED OFF IN THE OS OR NOT.

I mean, ask yourself. If the Kinect can be disabled and it will TRULY be disabled then WHY does it STILL need to be connected? Only reason I can logically come up with is that it's either never TRULY disabled or Microsoft wants the ability to enable it any time they want to.

Comparing a laptop camera and the Kinect are, in my opinion, two totally different things.
Look, Joe, common sense is not allowed. Okay?

Anyone can access your laptop camera without your consent. Its not legal, but neither is what you are suggesting (MS hacking your Kinect to spy on you).
personally i dont care what the fuck you or the other guy call it, but yeah youre right. a laptop is camera is yours and you can cover it up or disable it or whatever if you want. the xbox camera is required to be on, cant be covered up, and MS has 100% control over it.

And what exactly is stopping you from covering up the Kinect? I have a box in front of my 360's Kinect to block it. Works fine. Could also lay a cloth over it.

In order for game programers to program their game to use the Kinect fully, they have to know that EVERYONE with an Xbox One will have it. If you could disconnect it, people would be selling them, losing them, etc... Then they go buy a game that uses the Kinect as a main function of the game, and gets pissed because they cant play it now.

Some people are just so paranoid, its ridiculous. Its not like they are going to bother taking you to court cause you smoked a blunt in front of your Kinect :rolleyes: (and even if they did, without a warranty, they cant use anything from it).

wow an HDMI cable comes with a device. lol believe it or not that is rare. Also display port takes another blow.

The sooner gamers realize this and stop being sheep, the sooner the industry changes.

Ugg. The sheep thing again? The whole calling people sheep because they want to do something is getting old. Want to play games without a PC? Console. Sheep. Want to play PC games? PC. Sheep. No matter what the fuck you do, you're a sheep. Please, for the love of all things holy, stop using the sheep argument. Unless you're a hipster, then continue. Because everyone but hipsters are sheep, according to them...

And what exactly is stopping you from covering up the Kinect? I have a box in front of my 360's Kinect to block it. Works fine. Could also lay a cloth over it.

From rumors (don't know if anything was ever verified), you cannot block the new Kinect on the One. It has to have an unobstructed view. Box/tape? The XBOne won't work. How legitimate those claims are, I really don't know.

lol speaking of strawman arguments here is Dekoth again who doesn't have his cameras ripped out of his phones and laptops but still keeps making the strawman argument that the Kinect camera matters in anyway. What percent of the population disable and remove the cameras from all of their electronic devices?

Actually Ms stated outright the camera and mic are never fully disabled. So perhaps you should learn what you are actually talking about before attempting to look smart. Others have already answered the rest.

Anyone can access your laptop camera without your consent. Its not legal, but neither is what you are suggesting (MS hacking your Kinect to spy on you).

In order for game programers to program their game to use the Kinect fully, they have to know that EVERYONE with an Xbox One will have it. If you could disconnect it, people would be selling them, losing them, etc... Then they go buy a game that uses the Kinect as a main function of the game, and gets pissed because they cant play it now.

Some people are just so paranoid, its ridiculous. Its not like they are going to bother taking you to court cause you smoked a blunt in front of your Kinect :rolleyes: (and even if they did, without a warranty, they cant use anything from it).

1) It is going to take a hefty amount of hacking to take control over the average laptop camera, and once again not Comparable to the OEM having a Built in Backdoor. However even IF I was worried about that, I can completely remove the driver and 100% disable a laptop camera from ever being functional. You DO NOT have that option with the Kinect and there is a reason for it.

2) It isn't Paranoia. Microsoft pulled a patent pertaining to Targeted advertisements using the kinect..or did you forget? It was posted on this website and raged about. Do you honestly think they have back off that? Hardly, they are just waiting until the Furor dies down once the idiots have their shiny new game in hand. It never had anything to do with worrying about it catching you doing something illegal. There have Never been games made For motion control that are worth a shit and never will, so neither of those arguments hold a drop of water.

Don't care.
Until they lose the spy cam I will discourage anyone from being dumb enough to buy it. NO game is worth the price of admission on this thing. The sooner gamers realize this and stop being sheep, the sooner the industry changes.

Agreed 100%, bad enough some phones are hackable to look through the cam, why would I want to leave a wide-open one that's on 24/7 and being viewed by Microsoft for marketing data, in my room? And that's assuming no abuse...

What percent of the population disable and remove the cameras from all of their electronic devices?

From my employers work laptops? 95% have tape over the camera on their laptop.

Phones? No way. That's how they get their instagram and facetime to work. :D

The Kinect doesn't bug me. The fact that it's required bugs me. If my camera on my laptop breaks, or attached webcam, I can still use my device. If the Kinect breaks, I cannot use the XBOne. I have a broken 360 Kinect right now, so it does happen (damn kittens). If it wasn't required, I wouldn't have any problems with it whatsoever. It's a nice device, and I would have it connected... most of the time. I wouldn't use it that often, though.

There have Never been games made For motion control that are worth a shit and never will, so neither of those arguments hold a drop of water.

Don't have kids? All the good ones were for kids, and they love it. Jumping around, waving, dancing... For adults? You can control your dashboard with the Kinect.... That's a plus.... Not a $100 accessory plus, but it's neat for a few minutes. I would rarely use a Kinect. I wish it were optional, but I'm not overly paranoid about it, either.

4K HDMI cable .... no, I don't think so.

Umm believe it or not you've been mislead about the actual limitations of a regular HDMI cable. The max it can transfer is 4k at 30hz currently , hence the new HDMI 2.0 cert coming soon that will double the bandwidth and allow 4k at 60hz. Right at the moment the only way to get 4k at 60hz over HDMI is to shotgun to HDMI cables or use a Display Port with MST.

4k HDMI cables are just gimmicky advertising.

2) There have Never been games made For motion control that are worth a shit and never will, so neither of those arguments hold a drop of water.

Thats because not EVERYONE has a Kinect, which was the whole point. For companies to KNOW that EVERYONE has a Kinect with Xbox One, they can actually make it usable for core features of the game.

Thats because not EVERYONE has a Kinect, which was the whole point. For companies to KNOW that EVERYONE has a Kinect with Xbox One, they can actually make it usable for core features of the game.

I think this is fine...I just hope that big titles won't REQUIRE the Kinect. I don't know about the rest of you but I have no desire to get up and hop around to play a game. I do enough physical labor at work...I don't need to come home to relax only to have to work more.

To me that's kind of the problem with the Kinect and MS is that they seem to think that EVERYONE want's it when in fact it's quite the opposite based on what I've seen online.

Not only that, but WHY is a Kinect device even needed? I mean, on the 360 it was a nice little experiment but why can't games just use a fucking controller like they've done since the dawn of gaming? To me Kinect isn't just a bad move because a lot of people don't care, it's just a bad move in general.

All it does is cost money. Just leave the damn thing alone, let it dies, and focus on the console.

Honestly, underwhelming unboxing video. I only seemed to care about what the back looked like for all the connectivity options. I suppose a hot chick unboxing it would have made it better...

I think this is fine...I just hope that big titles won't REQUIRE the Kinect. I don't know about the rest of you but I have no desire to get up and hop around to play a game. I do enough physical labor at work...I don't need to come home to relax only to have to work more.

To me that's kind of the problem with the Kinect and MS is that they seem to think that EVERYONE want's it when in fact it's quite the opposite based on what I've seen online.

Not only that, but WHY is a Kinect device even needed? I mean, on the 360 it was a nice little experiment but why can't games just use a fucking controller like they've done since the dawn of gaming? To me Kinect isn't just a bad move because a lot of people don't care, it's just a bad move in general.

All it does is cost money. Just leave the damn thing alone, let it dies, and focus on the console.

i'm all for developing the technology, i just dont want to pay for it or use it. therefore i am not buying an xbone. :D

Don't have kids? All the good ones were for kids, and they love it. Jumping around, waving, dancing... For adults? You can control your dashboard with the Kinect.... That's a plus.... Not a $100 accessory plus, but it's neat for a few minutes. I would rarely use a Kinect. I wish it were optional, but I'm not overly paranoid about it, either.

I do in fact have 2 young kids. That doesn't suddenly make those games not terrible. There is a reason why I only buy those types of games used. Just because it is fun for a couple hours for the 3-10 age group, doesn't suddenly make it a good game.

Irrelevant. Motion Control is imprecise and isn't something people want to do very long. The Wii proved that beyond doubt. Sure it sold a ton of units because it was novel and new, then most of them started collecting dust, Motion games are simply limited to crap generic dance and kiddy games. There hasn't been a Single good game where motion controls were superior or even equal to the controller.

Alright, dead serious, I swear. Not trying to start a flame-war, honestly...

First, my recent gaming history: Young family, young kid, bought a GameCube.

When the Wii came out, I wasn't planning on upgrading, but my (not a geek at all) wife apparently bought in to the hype and (one week before Christmas) said "Okay, this new Wii looks good, we should get one for the kids for Christmas." Uh.... Okay... (This was when every store that sold them was having daily lines to see if new ones were in yet.)

Lucked out and found a local "sells everything" store that got a shipment of 10 in, and only had 5 people waiting in line when I called 5 minutes before they opened. (Fred Meyer for those in the Pacific Northwest.) SOLD!

So we've had a Wii for a while - the previously-young kid is now heading off to college, and we have an 8-year old daughter still at home.

I'm now a fairly casual gamer (after being a hard core PC gamer until having kids.) My wife is a casual gamer (Wii Bowling and the like.) My daughter is a budding hard-core gamer (she had me set up a Minecraft server for her, and now she's researching adding mods herself. She also likes playing classic games from when *I* was a kid - we have the old GameCube Intellivisoin Lives! game, and I have an IBM PCjr and an Apple II that she likes playing old games on.)

So... It's time to upgrade. I've been defaulted to Wii-U, but that's looking like it's not going to make it. My wife is mildly intrigued by Kinect, but not enough to call that a major deciding factor.

Does anyone else with kids in the late-elementary-school age have any opinion on the selling points of PS4 vs. XBone? I know enough about the "business practice" aspects, but don't know things like game catalog comparisons (especially for 8-year olds and "casual" adult gamers,) non-game feature comparisons, etc. I am *NOT* interested in paying a monthly fee - I know that Xbox Live has a monthly fee, but don't know what features on XBone require the fee, or if PS4 has a similar fee-based program.

Right now we use a Windows 7 Media Center PC as our TV tuner (old HDTV without a built-in tuner) plus DVR, Netflix, ripped-movie-library, PC games, etc, box. Plus the Wii. No cable/satellite, just the PC and the Wii. The PC is good because it lets me watch random web-streaming things (*cough*not-locally-aired-sports*cough*). If XBone or PS4 have a reasonable method for replacing all the functionality the mediaPC is doing now that would be wonderful, it's getting long in the tooth and starting to misbehave.

Alright, dead serious, I swear. Not trying to start a flame-war, honestly...

First, my recent gaming history: Young family, young kid, bought a GameCube.

When the Wii came out, I wasn't planning on upgrading, but my (not a geek at all) wife apparently bought in to the hype and (one week before Christmas) said "Okay, this new Wii looks good, we should get one for the kids for Christmas." Uh.... Okay... (This was when every store that sold them was having daily lines to see if new ones were in yet.)

Lucked out and found a local "sells everything" store that got a shipment of 10 in, and only had 5 people waiting in line when I called 5 minutes before they opened. (Fred Meyer for those in the Pacific Northwest.) SOLD!

So we've had a Wii for a while - the previously-young kid is now heading off to college, and we have an 8-year old daughter still at home.

I'm now a fairly casual gamer (after being a hard core PC gamer until having kids.) My wife is a casual gamer (Wii Bowling and the like.) My daughter is a budding hard-core gamer (she had me set up a Minecraft server for her, and now she's researching adding mods herself. She also likes playing classic games from when *I* was a kid - we have the old GameCube Intellivisoin Lives! game, and I have an IBM PCjr and an Apple II that she likes playing old games on.)

So... It's time to upgrade. I've been defaulted to Wii-U, but that's looking like it's not going to make it. My wife is mildly intrigued by Kinect, but not enough to call that a major deciding factor.

Does anyone else with kids in the late-elementary-school age have any opinion on the selling points of PS4 vs. XBone? I know enough about the "business practice" aspects, but don't know things like game catalog comparisons (especially for 8-year olds and "casual" adult gamers,) non-game feature comparisons, etc. I am *NOT* interested in paying a monthly fee - I know that Xbox Live has a monthly fee, but don't know what features on XBone require the fee, or if PS4 has a similar fee-based program.

Right now we use a Windows 7 Media Center PC as our TV tuner (old HDTV without a built-in tuner) plus DVR, Netflix, ripped-movie-library, PC games, etc, box. Plus the Wii. No cable/satellite, just the PC and the Wii. The PC is good because it lets me watch random web-streaming things (*cough*not-locally-aired-sports*cough*). If XBone or PS4 have a reasonable method for replacing all the functionality the mediaPC is doing now that would be wonderful, it's getting long in the tooth and starting to misbehave.

There isn't an opinion for that age demographic right now because there are zero games out to judge it on. If you are looking at now options, it is going to be PS3 or 360 and it just boils down to which one has more games that appeal to your kids. I believe the 360 has a generally more family friendly lineup for that. As for the HTPC, again both basically replace an HTPC outside a certain few applications and the next generation promises to be even better in that respect. However with neither system out yet, honestly a valid opinion simply cannot be rendered.

Actually Ms stated outright the camera and mic are never fully disabled. So perhaps you should learn what you are actually talking about before attempting to look smart. Others have already answered the rest.

You're the one that wants to say fallacy fallacy your argument is wrong. You also claimed straw man on this
just do what I do and put a piece of tape over the camera on my laptop.
Which is not an argument atm where is it's premise and conclusion, the conclusion is left out it's left to you to assume that tape over camera = disabled. The fallacy committed then would be "begs the question" but instead you claim strawman. Furthermore in restructured to it you restructured your original list of simple statements to include new information so even if it was strawman you'd be a fault for poorly forming your group of statements.

Still you present no evidence, all you have is a statement based off your own authority meaning it has no greater relevance to the topic then anyone else. Unless you can provide evidence (links atleast) of someone with greater authority/proof or you yourself have the credentials to support such claims. If you want to try to have pseudo authority by claiming "logic" back it up with proper logic. Meaning premises into conclusion not flat out statements.

Instead again you insert lines like this,
So perhaps you should learn what you are actually talking about before attempting to look smart
So an attack on the person not an argument just a personal attack. So why don't you read a book on logic before you start calling people out on fallacies.

Passing off your claims as truth and anyone questioning it is wrong is not logic that's just an ego trip.

Plenty of games will include kinect
Voice commands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rYF9kpZ5xqs

So i know a couple people that are probably going to get the xbox one... i just saw this:

"To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.'

I'm going to have a lot of fun turning off people's xboxs lol

Keep drinking that kool-aid. Meanwhile there are zero kinect launch titles.

This guy unboxed a VHS player lol.

1983_delorean_dmc-12-pic-61074.jpeg

On the bright side the Kinect isn't hardwired so maybe they'll eventually come to their senses and let people unplug it. Or not. Seeing as advertising is the real reason they want it "mandatory" -- not because they genuinely care *so* much about little billy using his arms to swing a sword instead of a controller, and care *so* much that developers be ensured that a kinect is active on every xbone.

Kinect could detect how many users are in the room and could serve advertisements aimed at families, groups, or individuals. Additional information from your Xbox LIVE account could also influence these by using metrics such as your gender, age, location, media habits and more, and Microsoft are very aware of the potential around this.

““With the new Xbox One, the technology and Kinect has improved a lot,” commented the Technical Account Manager for Xbox LIVE Advertising, “so that actually the voice recognition, the way you speak to your Xbox and the transition between gaming and watching TV is a lot smoother, and hopefully we can transpire that into advertising that we do.”

"It’s going to be an exciting transition though because the 360 console wasn’t built with advertising in mind, it was more of an afterthought, so we’ve had to adapt to the technology and how we work to fit them in to the console,” said Technical Account Manager for Xbox LIVE Advertising, “whereas this new one is going to have advertising in mind. So a lot of the limitations that we have now, hopefully the release of the boundaries will have widened so the opportunities will be a lot greater.”

http://www.sticktwiddlers.com/2013/06/28/xbox-one-dashboard-created-with-advertising-in-mind/

Major Nelson is a Major Ass, I really cannot stand that guy. Just goes to show you people will say anything for the right amount of money

There isn't an opinion for that age demographic right now because there are zero games out to judge it on. If you are looking at now options, it is going to be PS3 or 360 and it just boils down to which one has more games that appeal to your kids. I believe the 360 has a generally more family friendly lineup for that. As for the HTPC, again both basically replace an HTPC outside a certain few applications and the next generation promises to be even better in that respect. However with neither system out yet, honestly a valid opinion simply cannot be rendered.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for! ("Too early to know" is a perfectly valid answer.)

Ugg. The sheep thing again? The whole calling people sheep because they want to do something is getting old. Want to play games without a PC? Console. Sheep. Want to play PC games? PC. Sheep. No matter what the fuck you do, you're a sheep. Please, for the love of all things holy, stop using the sheep argument. Unless you're a hipster, then continue. Because everyone but hipsters are sheep, according to them...

I'll just say this and get off (gotta do some work here). Yeah, the "sheep" thing is degrading and annoying. Obviously calling people names aren't going to win any opinions or change anyone's thoughts but...

With all of the things that have been revealed, can ANYONE at least give some credence to the "tinfoilers?" Are you not at least slightly concerned about the fact that the Xbox One is going to actively monitor your living room to advertise to you? Personally, I think it's a little frightening that these things are being pushed onto us - even if it is for advertising. Advertising - when used properly - can be very dangerous. It seeks to manipulate your mind so as to influence your buying power. There are tons of studies out there that show that advertising is carefully selected to get you at the subconscious level. That stupid commercial you just saw is brilliantly and cleverly constructed to impact you at your deepest levels of thinking. Do you really want that in your house?

Many new devices are being pushed into consumer products that are for the sole purpose of monitoring people. Intel has a camera in their set-top box that watches you while you watch TV, to name one. Sure the argument goes - "if you don't want it, don't get it." But at this point, I'm afraid that there will be little choice left in the matter as more and more consumer devices start carrying these surveillance cameras. Speaking from personal perspective - I don't like it. I just want to be left alone. What's wrong with coming home from work and wanting to be free and away from all that garbage? Hell - you can't even go to your local WalMart without seeing those stupid flat-panel TV's they have pumping even more advertisements in your face. Why would I want that in my home? Why can't I just be left alone? Why must these companies monitor us?

Even if we get off the whole NSA thing - do you really want corporations watching you? If you do - that's fine. I'm sorry if I sound too preachy. I was just trying to convey the "other side" of the argument in a non-inflammatory way. Personally, I don't want any large corporations (let alone the NSA) in bed with me.

And for the record - no - we don't have television. Most programming on TV these days is pure garbage, and that is not something that I want to influence my thinking.

I'll just say this and get off (gotta do some work here). Yeah, the "sheep" thing is degrading and annoying. Obviously calling people names aren't going to win any opinions or change anyone's thoughts but...

With all of the things that have been revealed, can ANYONE at least give some credence to the "tinfoilers?" Are you not at least slightly concerned about the fact that the Xbox One is going to actively monitor your living room to advertise to you? Personally, I think it's a little frightening that these things are being pushed onto us - even if it is for advertising. Advertising - when used properly - can be very dangerous. It seeks to manipulate your mind so as to influence your buying power. There are tons of studies out there that show that advertising is carefully selected to get you at the subconscious level. That stupid commercial you just saw is brilliantly and cleverly constructed to impact you at your deepest levels of thinking. Do you really want that in your house?

Many new devices are being pushed into consumer products that are for the sole purpose of monitoring people. Intel has a camera in their set-top box that watches you while you watch TV, to name one. Sure the argument goes - "if you don't want it, don't get it." But at this point, I'm afraid that there will be little choice left in the matter as more and more consumer devices start carrying these surveillance cameras. Speaking from personal perspective - I don't like it. I just want to be left alone. What's wrong with coming home from work and wanting to be free and away from all that garbage? Hell - you can't even go to your local WalMart without seeing those stupid flat-panel TV's they have pumping even more advertisements in your face. Why would I want that in my home? Why can't I just be left alone? Why must these companies monitor us?

Even if we get off the whole NSA thing - do you really want corporations watching you? If you do - that's fine. I'm sorry if I sound too preachy. I was just trying to convey the "other side" of the argument in a non-inflammatory way. Personally, I don't want any large corporations (let alone the NSA) in bed with me.

And for the record - no - we don't have television. Most programming on TV these days is pure garbage, and that is not something that I want to influence my thinking.

Why would anyone be concerned? It is a matter of FACT that damn near everyone on this board has a gmail account which does exactly that. Half the people here have android phones doing exactly that. We have given up a certain amount of our freedom in exchange for a service. At any point if someone decides to throw a sex toy party in their living room they can unplug the Xbox, just like if you were going to do something's you would not send them through your email.

Back