Mafia II demo.

DeathPrincess

Fully [H]
Isn't the demo supposed to be out today or did I get the date wrong? I've been refreshing steam a gazillion times and still nothing. It is the damned 10th it comes out???

Godamnit it is! I've been breathing too many bubblewrap fumes. Is it the 10th east coast time?

Has there been confirmation of a Steam demo? Im guessing there is since you can pre-order.

It is supposed to be coming out on the 10th. So in a few hours (probably 24..) Would be a good way of selling more copies! I wish more games had demos...It's kind of rare nowadays...

Has there been confirmation of a Steam demo? Im guessing there is since you can pre-order.

Well its a Steamworks only title, so yeah I'd assume Steam will be the only place you can get the demo.

Well its a Steamworks only title, so yeah I'd assume Steam will be the only place you can get the demo.

Thats where i'm refreshing the page every hour or so as it's the 10th in japan very soon...the PS3 is supposed to get the demo today to but that would involve much more to refresh and has slower internet for me...and is more prblematic to refresh.

It's the 10th already in Fiji and aukland!!!

This demo is going to be interesting.

The specs are through the roof for this title... and yet the developer feels confident enough to release a demo an entire two weeks before launch. Ah well, we'll all find out tomorrow.

haha, nope its 5:08 pm est on the 9th. Hey, since your in the future, wanna get me the winning lotto numbers for the 10th?
Anyways, cant wait for this game. debating between the pc and ps3 version. I'll def be checking out the demo on both

12 46 32 5 16 26!!! now if you win you have to buy me a lowrider with a [H] speaker system. need 6 subs. Also must be pink. And green. No purple and green. Complimentary.

If you have a decent video card/PC then go PC. If you have less than a 8800/ATI card with a 4 at the start, then go PS3. The ps3 will be the same game with lower quality textures, and it's a game that works with a controller so either is fine!

I bet now I get it and it sucks. But my fermi is tingling for some hawt pixel action.
I bet you 10 internet dollars it is before...damnit. who invented time zones, they were an idiot moron.

Would someone be able to find out if it works with Crossfire? I'm thinking of getting a pair of silent 5750's just for this game.

You've just quoted the baseline recommended requirements. Do you actually believe that gamers will be able to play this game... 'the way it was meant to be played'... with specs that low?

Of course there will be people around who will play the game with those specs and will happily say that the game runs perfectly.

But for the full experience, the developer is recommending a GTX 480 with a dedicated GTX 280 for PhysX.

I'd say that those are pretty insane specs. Through the roof? Yeah, I'd say that those specs are through the roof.

Nevertheless, we'll see tomorrow, won't we. This is what demos are for. I've never known a developer to recommend outrageous specs like that for no reason - and I'm not expecting anything to be any different this time out.

You've just quoted the baseline recommended requirements. Do you actually believe that gamers will be able to play this game... 'the way it was meant to be played'... with specs that low?

Of course there will be people around who will play the game with those specs and will happily say that the game runs perfectly.

But for the full experience, the developer is recommending a GTX 480 with a dedicated GTX 280 for PhysX.

I'd say that those are pretty insane specs. Through the roof? Yeah, I'd say that those specs are through the roof.

Nevertheless, we'll see tomorrow, won't we. This is what demos are for. I've never known a developer to recommend outrageous specs like that for no reason - and I'm not expecting anything to be any different this time out.

It would be better to just have 2x 480s and run the physx off both. My 470s and 260 is one grade too small...Godamnit its the 10th in america now?

It's the 10th east coast but don't expect the demo to arrive until 12 PM at least. (aka wait 12 more hours)

I bought a GTS 250 today for dedicated PhysX... EXCLUSIVELY for this game.

I know the people that made this probably dont care, but they better have their shit together for this game, otherwise theres going to be a real life whacking.
I'm getting those hardware worries already...will 470's do it? Might need rivaing. We'll see in 12 hours...

12 hours...I haven't slept in like 30...Damnit hurry up.

I'm gonna need some cocoine mild soon...

Wow that's pretty cool. NA PS3 users get shafted though haha.

Valve has never done anything on time... ever. Never.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Go to sleep. It will be on tomorrow. And yes, I waited up for it to. Damn you, Valve, and your lazy ass employees in charge of putting this material out. You may think it's cute to always be late and joke about it later... but it's just puts your incompetence on display.

I dont remember anything getting released on Steam at midnight. Im sure it will be up by 10am(pst), noon latest.

Yep. I'm getting it now. 7am EST needs to get here quick.. I get out of work then. I'm looking forward to seeing how my GTX470 does.

Well I feel like an idiot now lol.

At least im getting a steady 800 kb/s w00t

edit: Wow, Im actually staying at 1MB. Thats a first for me. Guess the servers havent been flooded yet.

Downloading. :D Currently getting 2MBs (max connection speed).
the Steam window shows the game downloading at 4.6-5.1 MB/s while the icon shows it downloading at 3.0-3.6 MB/s. the one by the icon is correct because I only have a 25 meg connection with 8 meg overboost. lol

Back