Mad Max (2015)

The game itself will probably be good the question is how badly WB will fuck up the PC version. As much as I'd love to say "It's Avalanche, they're great PC developers" it won't matter if WB forced them to focus entirely on the console versions and ignore the PC version until the last minute.

And this is why I won't be buying Mad Max even if the game reviews well. Until they fix Arkham Knight WB Games can suck a fat one. I'll be voting with my wallet and that means no more WB Game's products for me until I'm satisfied with their work on Arkham Knight's PC version. (Which will probably be never at this point.)

I'll be voting with my wallet and that means no more WB Game's products for me until I'm satisfied with their work on Arkham Knight's PC version. (Which will probably be never at this point.)

if you look in the SteamDB there's an entry for a RC (Release Candidate) for Arkham Knight...so looks like WB is being truthful about their progress on the PC version...I expect the interim patch to be released in the 2nd week of September...only problem is that most gamers will be full tilt into Phantom Pain by then

And this is why I won't be buying Mad Max even if the game reviews well. Until they fix Arkham Knight WB Games can suck a fat one. I'll be voting with my wallet and that means no more WB Game's products for me until I'm satisfied with their work on Arkham Knight's PC version. (Which will probably be never at this point.)

Different development teams, but I can understand the sentiment.

Different development teams, but I can understand the sentiment.

It's more about WB Games giving the shaft to the PC gaming community than anything. All of their ports have been fairly substandard with more recent entries being a travesty. The company's lack of communication and effort in fixing the PC version of Arkham Knight speaks volumes. The company sucks and I won't buy any of their games until the most recent one I've purchased gets put into a reasonable state.

Can't blame ya for that. Really the only reason I picked up Mad Max is the price. $20 is low enough for a chance of it not being amazing. If it gives me 7-8+ hours before I get tired of it it'll be worth the price. It's also something to play while MGSV downloads since I'm waiting on GungHo to fix Grandia II before playing more of that.

Can't blame ya for that. Really the only reason I picked up Mad Max is the price. $20 is low enough for a chance of it not being amazing. If it gives me 7-8+ hours before I get tired of it it'll be worth the price. It's also something to play while MGSV downloads since I'm waiting on GungHo to fix Grandia II before playing more of that.

At that price it's definitely tempting. I'll give you that.

Just bought and downloading as we speak, hope it's as solid as the videos portray it.

I think this game looks very solid i like the openend world similar to gta but in the desert, and the focus on pimping your main car will be neat.

i did the same and got a key from cdkeys place listed in the hotdeals section on this forum... and it does activate with the preorder bonus as well....im crossing my fingers for no hiccups while playing the game later tonight once i get off work

Yep I got mine on Cdkeys. Been going there for a while now, because it's just damn cheap as hell, and the key arrives in 10 seconds in my inbox.

I hope that races got more obstable otherwise it's going to be boring and too easy of what I've seen in the let's play video on Youtube.

Also the game look repititve. Not sure if I'm mistaken on that. I'll see tomorrow when I'll play.

Doesn't look too bad I guess reviews wise, but I'll judge it when I play later tonight. From what I've seen it looks neat, and that's worth a few hours of fun at least.

Seems to be a like it/hate it type of game with the varying scores from 50% to 90%.

Umm, did the game just unlock on steam? Well that was unexpected! What a lovely day!

Yeah, steam stopped showing a timer for some reason on the store page but no one can actually play it yet it seems :(.

The game unlocked for people in parts of Europe already. Three hours (I believe) for everyone else.

sounds like every Ubisoft game released in the last 10 years :D

A lot of open world games as well. The Batman games and SOM had stuff littered all over the map as well. It's just become part of the genre. That stuff hasn't gotten boring to me yet, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Good performance according to this guy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3j5xnj/mad_max_pc_performance/

So I've just finished downloading Mad Max and I have to say that it runs REALLY well.

My Specs:

3700K @ 4.5
Gigabyte G1 GTX 980ti @ 1480 / 4000
16 GB RAM

I'm running the game at 4K with everything turned up to Max, except for dust and particles (set to normal), and it's running at a solid 60 FPS.

The game looks and runs fantastic at 4K.

I like how he says good performance, and then throws out basically top of the line specs.

I'd like to hear how ti runs on someone with a lower spec cup/gpu and ram.

I like how he says good performance, and then throws out basically top of the line specs.

I'd like to hear how ti runs on someone with a lower spec cup/gpu and ram.

I've seen people with a single 970 on Steam say they're getting over 60fps at 1080p. Saw another guy with a 760 running the very high preset. He says it runs good for him, but no numbers.

good day to be a Mad Max fan...the game is released and the Fury Road Blu-ray/DVD comes out tomorrow as well...will be stopping by my local Best Buy to get the excusive Steelbook Blu-ray

Yeah, many people on Steam are reporting that it runs great. Sounds like a really good port, which I expected from an in-house Avalance product. :)

Back