• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

m/b swap

ajkev24

n00b
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
46
my son's rig gigabyte 690v am2 5000+...i want to install a gigabyte 8200 chipset w/ 9750 phenom in his comp. he uses vista premium 32 bit while mine xp pro sp1. will it work without a fresh vista install?
 
It might. You may need to repair the installation, though. However, I havent done such a task with Vista yet, so I can't help you there.
 
Hey,What are you talking about a 8200 chipset?You mean installing your chipset drivers?well,i would flash the latest bios and format the harddrive and start off with a fresh install and if you got it try the 64 bit vista if its compatible if not the 32 bit will be fine.:)
Good Day
 
I would honestly back up the important information first then reformat anyways, just to avoid driver issues. If I replace any type of hardware like that I will always reformat.

That's just me though, some people aren't as anal.
 
Hey,What are you talking about a 8200 chipset?You mean installing your chipset drivers?well,i would flash the latest bios and format the harddrive and start off with a fresh install and if you got it try the 64 bit vista if its compatible if not the 32 bit will be fine.:)
Good Day

its the gigabyte controller northbridge chipset GA-M78SM-S2H matx it supports amd2+ up to 9950 140w phenom chip 1066 ddr2 ram pcie 2.0...definitely a step-up except for the heat.
 
I would honestly back up the important information first then reformat anyways, just to avoid driver issues. If I replace any type of hardware like that I will always reformat.

That's just me though, some people aren't as anal.

thanks for the rep...definitely will make a back-up.
 
What did you decide to do?

ill be on the safe side make a back-up And swap my sys to my son's...but one problem his psu is a xclio 500w active pfc two +12v rail 18a each when i used everest ultimate it showed 11.67v on load and 11.70 idle...with my sys (9750 phenom) ocz 500w psu active pfc two +12v rail pumpin 12.67v on load. ithink ill give him my psu too will run an msi oc 8800gt 512mb.
 
Back
Top