LulzSec Takes Another Sony Scalp

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow, I honestly do not know what to say at this point, this is just getting ridiculous now. :(

The latest target for the griefer group that has nabbed headlines across the world in recent weeks—old favorite Sony. LulzSec on Monday offered up 54MB of Sony Computer Entertainment Developer Network source code, announcing its latest round of "sownage" on Twitter, the group's go-to venue for its victory dances.

In other news, Sony's IT Gurus will once again be brining down the PSN and other websites to try the next link found on google when searching for "free firewall" in hopes of better results.

Sony has been quiet lately, they're pretty much down for the count at this point.

I hope LulzSec gets caught. They are really affecting everyone BUT Sony right now. Yet the sheep are still cheering on script kiddies. How the internet has changed for the worse.

Rumored to not be a hack but a hand-me-down from an Ex-Sony dev.
Code is from 2008 and pretty harmless.

I don't own any current gen console (does the Wii count?) but this is retarded. These little turdburglers need a proper spanking.

Sony has been quiet lately, they're pretty much down for the count at this point.

How many times is sony going to say "were sorry but we had no idea that your information was so important to you." One can only apologize for so many times and then people will dismiss them as insincere and a joke.

Do I like Sony, No
Do I own sony products, Yes

However I like the fact that this has become the longest running global bitch slap to a corporation, ever.. I look forward to reading up on the daily bitch slaps of sony.. Maybe sooner or later corps will learn to not fuck their customers or the possibility of this BS may happen.. I understand a company trying to protect its assets, but seriously, this shitstorm started when they removed other OS from the PS3, and while a while like 2% of users actually used it, the point is that you dont take something away that people already paid for..

And here is a helpful HOW TO on hacking sony..

Start
RUN
Type: //sony.com [enter]
User: admin
Pass: (Leave this blank)

Lulz

Sony, keep telling yourself that removing OtherOS made the PS3 and it's users more secure... :p now what's the score? the Hackers found your keys, created CFW, can back up thier games, do homebrew, released OtherOS++, performed DDOS on the PSN, stole over 100 million account's information and now has a nice chunk of the source code for you PSN... Sony has rewitten their EULA a few times and updated thier firmware trying to keep hackers out... looks like the hackers are winning here...

Sony maybe it's not a bad idea to reintroduce OtherOS... atleast it might get some of them to not use OtherOS++ and you can still set limitations and restrictions on OtherOS like you did b4, OtherOS++ from what I hear is full PS3 potential...

Reintroduce OtherOS, so more and more people can play games for free. Great idea!

Keep their stance and just patch whatever they can, I sure as hell want people to pay for their games.

Reintroduce OtherOS, so more and more people can play games for free. Great idea!

Keep their stance and just patch whatever they can, I sure as hell want people to pay for their games.

Are you suggesting Sony was helping piracy by releasing OtherOS? of course not, and that's why your argument doesn't hold water, Sony limited what OtherOS could do including interaction with the actual GameOS, so piracy wasn't possible with OtherOS.

Are you suggesting Sony was helping piracy by releasing OtherOS? of course not, and that's why your argument doesn't hold water, Sony limited what OtherOS could do including interaction with the actual GameOS, so piracy wasn't possible with OtherOS.

I know what you mean, but that also paved the way to hacking, did it not? It played a part :p. I thought that was also the reason Sony took it out?

I know what you mean, but that also paved the way to hacking, did it not? It played a part :p. I thought that was also the reason Sony took it out?

explain to me why Sony removed OtherOS from the Slims b4 geohot hacked the PS3 (then they removed it from all PS3's), then we might understand why Sony removed OtherOS... until then I don't buy thier 'security update' explanation, it just pissed me off and made me choose OtherOS or PSN, I kept OtherOS BTW...

Yes... I also wish they would go after the damned RIAA / MPAA / similar greedy troublemakers.

If they can devote this level of attention to Sony, then why not more at the above-mentioned?

Maybe we can submit a public request...heh

I hope LulzSec gets caught. They are really affecting everyone BUT Sony right now. Yet the sheep are still cheering on script kiddies. How the internet has changed for the worse.

Last month Anon was getting the blame for sonys problems,and you were in the front row slamming Anon now its LulzSec, and your in the front row, whose going to be slammed next week for sonys incompetence..:D
"Yet the sheep are still cheering on script kiddies." If script kiddies can cause this kind of havoc for sony,:D imagine what good hackers can do. Stay in the front row I'm sure the show is going to get better, one way or the other.:D

You're in the minority. But I'm glad you stuck to your guns.

the majority seems to be made up of Black Ops dicks and asshats who think Modern Warfare 2 was the second greatest thing to their existance... I'm glad I didn't join *that* majority of PSN owners :p

allright, alright, j/k; before my 3rd PS3 took a deep stare into the shitter, I updated.

the majority seems to be made up of Black Ops dicks and asshats who think Modern Warfare 2 was the second greatest thing to their existance... I'm glad I didn't join *that* majority of PSN owners :p

allright, alright, j/k; before my 3rd PS3 took a deep stare into the shitter, I updated.

Shutup bro, you just missed my 360 NO SCOPE MOTHERF#*&%!

I posted it before, but here's my take on the subject: Since OtherOS was an advertised feature, they have no right to just arbitrarily discontinue it. The fact that not a lot of people used it doesn't matter. I'm sure you have a pair of garden shears or whatever in your garage you haven't touched in years. However, I have no right to just come and take them because you aren't using them. While I don't condone or support software piracy, it's up to Sony to stop piracy of their games *without* interfering with any of the features people paid for. Also, there are already existing legal channels for Sony to peruse pirates; if people connect to PSN with a pirated game, they can go after them in civil court, prove it, and get a compensatory judgement.

Some reason I doubt they even bothered with googling firewall for results. If they did, they might be in less shit than they are.

Probably went... well, they already hacked us, they probably won't do it again. Lets just leave it at that.

Probably went... well, they already hacked us, they probably won't do it again. Lets just leave it at that.

I wouldn't doubt it. The company's stock is down at its lowest since this time last year.

Damn Sony. Damn financial advisors.

Shutup bro, you just missed my 360 NO SCOPE MOTHERF#*&%!

I posted it before, but here's my take on the subject: Since OtherOS was an advertised feature, they have no right to just arbitrarily discontinue it. The fact that not a lot of people used it doesn't matter. I'm sure you have a pair of garden shears or whatever in your garage you haven't touched in years. However, I have no right to just come and take them because you aren't using them. While I don't condone or support software piracy, it's up to Sony to stop piracy of their games *without* interfering with any of the features people paid for. Also, there are already existing legal channels for Sony to peruse pirates; if people connect to PSN with a pirated game, they can go after them in civil court, prove it, and get a compensatory judgement.

Dude, your example isn't even nearly the same thing. They had every right to discontinue it, it was your choice to use their servers to update your machine, if you did not agree with the update, don't update, you'll still have your piece of shit linux box. No one held a gun to someones head and forced them to update. IF they were indeed happy they would have read about the patch before applying it knowing they'd lose their awesome otherOS.

This was posted on slashdot. I guess that group uses pastebin to communicate.

http://pastebin.com/yut4P6qN

Here's a copy and paste of it.

Dear Internets,

Herro! Recently some of you may have seen "LulzSec exposed" logs floating around. We'd like the time to say this: LOL. Those logs are primarily from a channel called #pure-elite, which is /not/ the LulzSec core chatting channel. #pure-elite is where we gather potential backup/subcrew research and development battle fleet members, i.e. we were using that channel only to recruit talent for side-operations.

Note that people such as joepie91/Neuron/Storm/trollpoll/voodoo are not involved with LulzSec, they just hang out with us in that channel. Also, "ev0", who was allegedly arrested (?) was never a part of LulzSec or in fact the subcrew. We don't even know who he is.

Despite the fact that we're laughing heartily right now, we do take care of our subcrew, and as such the person who leaked those logs (m_nerva) has been completely hacked inside and out. We have all his online accounts, all his personal information, all the illegal things he's done on record. We destroyed him so hard that he sat there apologizing to us all night on IRC for what he did. His mother probably spanked him after we wrecked his home connection. Uh-oh, m_nerva!

Our core chatting channel remains unaffected. Our core LulzSec team is at full strength. The Lulz Boat sails stronger than ever, nice try though.

TL;DR we are too sexy to be sunk, hacking continues as usual, u mad bros?

http://lulzsecurity.com/
twitter.com/LulzSec

I hate twitter but I do find it amusing that's what they use to brag about what they did.

just read a report one of thier members was arrested today for hacking of SONY wanna bet more arrests will follow soon as there is no ;lyalty in these groups first one taken down will sing like a bird to save his butt.

Dude, your example isn't even nearly the same thing. They had every right to discontinue it, it was your choice to use their servers to update your machine, if you did not agree with the update, don't update, you'll still have your piece of shit linux box. No one held a gun to someones head and forced them to update. IF they were indeed happy they would have read about the patch before applying it knowing they'd lose their awesome otherOS.

My box advertise both features as inclusive, not exclusive of one another.

just read a report one of thier members was arrested today for hacking of SONY wanna bet more arrests will follow soon as there is no ;lyalty in these groups first one taken down will sing like a bird to save his butt.

Are you talking from first hand experience, or .....

look up 2 posts or so

In other news, Sony's IT Gurus will once again be brining down the PSN and other websites to try the next link found on google when searching for "free firewall" in hopes of better results.

hahaha, thanks for the lol

Would be a big fucking joke if they were hacked by a dude using a Xbox lol

*Yawn* damn this NUTSAC group is dull as shit, can they find something else to break?

Back