• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LTC difficulty is really cranking up

If you do the math, it's actually more profitable to mine LTC than FTC.
FTC is approx worth $0.553 each right now.

With 12 kH, I would get about 260 coins/day = $144

Using the same 12 kH to mine LTC, that's 4.5 LTC/day (at $33.8) = $152

The calculator i used showed that it is a tad bit more profitable than ftc for me but not much. I am going to hold my ftc until the price rises then sell off some.
 
Man in the past 3 weeks the Network hashrate has gone from 40 GH/s to over 100 GH/s. This is ridiculous. Hope I can get my second rig built and going fast enough to be worth it. FedEx better not mess up and have it here by tomorrow.

Curious what alt coins are you guys mining banking on them becoming worth more later?
 
If you do the math, it's actually more profitable to mine LTC than FTC.
FTC is approx worth $0.553 each right now.

With 12 kH, I would get about 260 coins/day = $144

Using the same 12 kH to mine LTC, that's 4.5 LTC/day (at $33.8) = $152

Longer term FTC has for more potential to at least double in value than LTC. LTC has skyrocketed in difficulty and value has not gone anywhere.
 
Longer term FTC has for more potential to at least double in value than LTC. LTC has skyrocketed in difficulty and value has not gone anywhere.

I have FTC pools set to backups so when LTC pools go down I am mining FTC. Once my second rig gets up and running I am going to set my 2 7950s to FTC full time while the 8 280x's do FTC.

I was more curious however on the really alt coins. Like Netcoin which I mined ~2500 in 20 minutes to test it out. Those coins you mine on the off chance that in 2 years at even a couple bucks would net you some decent cash running for even a day at current difficulty
 
I'm really noob when it comes to all this cryptocoin stuff, but I can already tell the one thing that sucks is trading all these coins around. Every solution at this point seems like a strange 10 step ordeal to get one coin for another. Doesn't seem like there are many options to just buy coins straight up with usd.
 
I have FTC pools set to backups so when LTC pools go down I am mining FTC. Once my second rig gets up and running I am going to set my 2 7950s to FTC full time while the 8 280x's do FTC.

I was more curious however on the really alt coins. Like Netcoin which I mined ~2500 in 20 minutes to test it out. Those coins you mine on the off chance that in 2 years at even a couple bucks would net you some decent cash running for even a day at current difficulty

I'm mining SXC for that reason, it is a low value coin and is just starting up, the price was growing a lot recently and it has a neat purpose that might stick around, I mined 41 in 12 hours at 280kh/s. Not to mention you get big bonuses mining them.
 
I'm really noob when it comes to all this cryptocoin stuff, but I can already tell the one thing that sucks is trading all these coins around. Every solution at this point seems like a strange 10 step ordeal to get one coin for another. Doesn't seem like there are many options to just buy coins straight up with usd.

afaik the only coin you can buy with usd is bitcoin from coinbase. you can then use that bitcoin and send it to your btc-e account and exchange it for other types of coin.
 
I'm mining SXC for that reason, it is a low value coin and is just starting up, the price was growing a lot recently and it has a neat purpose that might stick around, I mined 41 in 12 hours at 280kh/s. Not to mention you get big bonuses mining them.

Big bonuses? Knowing the name of the coin I am hesitant to google it at work :p I guess I will check it out later tonight because I have been hearing it a lot on BTC-E. Although you can never trust anything that is said on that chat. . .

afaik the only coin you can buy with usd is bitcoin from coinbase. you can then use that bitcoin and send it to your btc-e account and exchange it for other types of coin.

You can also transfer money into BTC-e with some work and from there can buy btc, ltc, nmc, and nvc.
 
The value of other alt coins fluctuate way more than LTC / BTC from what I've seen. So you gotta be careful. Usually if a coin is already being listed as the most profitable you've missed the boat, as it'll drop back down within the next few days.

If you want to make more money from these, mine coins that are at a low diff, then sell them when the value spikes. This requires a bit of luck as no one really knows what coins will go up. Like the Quarkcoin rise... I never saw that coming.

I mine based on average profitability and I monitor network hash rates. When average profitability is really high and the network hash is low then BOOM thats the real time to switch
 
Guys, why the hell am I mining junkcoins (besides the fact that the name made me laugh)? How the hell do you even get money out of them? BTC-E doesn't take them.

I should really probably just go back to LTC....
 
Big bonuses? Knowing the name of the coin I am hesitant to google it at work :p I guess I will check it out later tonight because I have been hearing it a lot on BTC-E. Although you can never trust anything that is said on that chat. . .



You can also transfer money into BTC-e with some work and from there can buy btc, ltc, nmc, and nvc.

I am new to the mining scene, I just decided to mine it because there is money in that niche :p and if this catches on in that market, then it might go up in price substantially. Also from what I have read off their website, I may have misunderstood, but it's like 100 coins per block and you might get a lucky block that gives x5 or x50.
 
I'm currently mining PTS via ypool.net. I have a lot more CPU power floating around from my [H]ardFolding days (taking a little time off from folding atm) and letting it mine PTS for a bit. I haven't moved a lot of my rigs, and i'm not sure how well PTS will do, but I'm mining about 1.5 PTS daily at appoximately $20/PTS, which isn't bad if you have a CPU rigs over a Graphics rigs.
 
I'm currently mining PTS via ypool.net. I have a lot more CPU power floating around from my [H]ardFolding days (taking a little time off from folding atm) and letting it mine PTS for a bit. I haven't moved a lot of my rigs, and i'm not sure how well PTS will do, but I'm mining about 1.5 PTS daily at appoximately $20/PTS, which isn't bad if you have a CPU rigs over a Graphics rigs.

Hmmmmmm....
 
I'm currently mining PTS via ypool.net. I have a lot more CPU power floating around from my [H]ardFolding days (taking a little time off from folding atm) and letting it mine PTS for a bit. I haven't moved a lot of my rigs, and i'm not sure how well PTS will do, but I'm mining about 1.5 PTS daily at appoximately $20/PTS, which isn't bad if you have a CPU rigs over a Graphics rigs.

I've been mining this for 1-2 days myself. But I'm only getting 0.2-0.4 PTS per day. But I've only got a 3770K which I use a half utilization so I can do other things and even game while its mining, along with 4 weak dual cores (Intel G1610s) that are underclocked to 1.6ghz 0.8v. So, not much CPU power here for that, but it's better than nothing. Maybe by the end of the week I'll have a whole 1 PTS!
 
I'm currently mining PTS via ypool.net. I have a lot more CPU power floating around from my [H]ardFolding days (taking a little time off from folding atm) and letting it mine PTS for a bit. I haven't moved a lot of my rigs, and i'm not sure how well PTS will do, but I'm mining about 1.5 PTS daily at appoximately $20/PTS, which isn't bad if you have a CPU rigs over a Graphics rigs.

I wonder how a dual instance of cgminer would work on my GPU rigs to do this. . .? I have a G1610 and a G3220 in my mining rigs just sitting there if it would work.
 
I wonder how a dual instance of cgminer would work on my GPU rigs to do this. . .? I have a G1610 and a G3220 in my mining rigs just sitting there if it would work.

Probably not great, while you can restrict the number of cores it uses, when it consumes a core, it CONSUMES it. On my regular PC (i7 2600k slightly oc'd), if i run it for 8 threads, the computer is mostly useless, a browser will open, but I cannot go to any websites. I normally shut down PTS for Gaming, and run it at 6 threads while doing things like browsing and such.

That said, when I was giving my numbers, I was using equipment that typically pulls averages off 550-600 kpp daily with F@H; as many of us were using multicore/multiprocessor setups to run it. (Most of my machines are Dual Quad, Hex, and Octa i7 based Xeons that i'm running PTS on now).

Also, the difficulty doubled on PTS last night. :(
 
Ugh, I just saw the difficulty went up again yesterday. Pretty crazy. I don't even know what to mine anymore. I'm tired of people saying with confidence that LTC is going to go to $300 because some random exchange is picking it up, so buy buy buy. Whatever. I have nothing invested other than the cost of electricity.
 
Ugh, I just saw the difficulty went up again yesterday. Pretty crazy. I don't even know what to mine anymore. I'm tired of people saying with confidence that LTC is going to go to $300 because some random exchange is picking it up, so buy buy buy. Whatever. I have nothing invested other than the cost of electricity.

I take any idea that LTC is going to skyrocket with a handful of salt. All this is is speculation pure and simple. Sure if enough companies accept LTC or if say mtgox picks up LTC the price is likely to increase. But until you see a statement from them I wouldn't have that as the deciding factor. One reason I am diversifying my coins that way I have some interest all over the place if one takes off.

IMO more than anything the determining factor of BTC/LTC etc prices will be the black market until it becomes a more commercially viable currency(aka stable price). This is likely to take years and even then the black market aspect of it isn't likely to change.
 
Ugh, I just saw the difficulty went up again yesterday. Pretty crazy. I don't even know what to mine anymore. I'm tired of people saying with confidence that LTC is going to go to $300 because some random exchange is picking it up, so buy buy buy. Whatever. I have nothing invested other than the cost of electricity.

There is one thing I noticed and I'm not sure to take it as a hard and fast rule, but it's just an observation. Early on, when LTC was low (like below $5), people were saying they believed LTC was worth more than $5. A short time later, that was made so. Then they started saying LTC was worth more than $20, and a short time later that was made so. The same thing happened with $50, though it didn't quite make it over $50, it made it damn close.

One of the common themes that I've seen repeated is that LTC has the potential to be worth at least 1/10 to 1/4 that of BTC. It might take time, but I believe that's where the value of LTC is headed just because there are enough people that believe it to be possible... people will find a way to make it happen.
 
There is one thing I noticed and I'm not sure to take it as a hard and fast rule, but it's just an observation. Early on, when LTC was low (like below $5), people were saying they believed LTC was worth more than $5. A short time later, that was made so. Then they started saying LTC was worth more than $20, and a short time later that was made so. The same thing happened with $50, though it didn't quite make it over $50, it made it damn close.

One of the common themes that I've seen repeated is that LTC has the potential to be worth at least 1/10 to 1/4 that of BTC. It might take time, but I believe that's where the value of LTC is headed just because there are enough people that believe it to be possible... people will find a way to make it happen.

That's the fun thing about a purely speculative market with no real outlet. If the entire investment base believes in something, it will happen. I'm holding onto the few LTC's I have believing that they have the potential to be worth 1/4 of whatever the BTC price is. Maybe they will, maybe they won't but it cost me practically nothing to generate them.
 
sheesh how many coins are there? I've heard of..

BTC
LTC
FTC
AltCoin
CinnamonCoin
FeatherCoin
NovaCoin
BBQcoin
StableCoin

Someone ought to just make another one called ShoveItCoin
 
sheesh how many coins are there? I've heard of..

BTC
LTC
FTC
AltCoin
CinnamonCoin
FeatherCoin
NovaCoin
BBQcoin
StableCoin

Someone ought to just make another one called ShoveItCoin
Anybody can make a coin,but most of them are junkcoins and dont really have a purpose. Out of all the alt coins i only see LTC and FTC getting bigger.
 
Anybody can make a coin,but most of them are junkcoins and dont really have a purpose. Out of all the alt coins i only see LTC and FTC getting bigger.

Hey, just because JKC is called JunkCoin that doesn't make it a junk coin :p
 
Anybody can make a coin,but most of them are junkcoins and dont really have a purpose. Out of all the alt coins i only see LTC and FTC getting bigger.

what makes FTC any good? It's just a Litecoin clone, no new innovations. Some bash Litecoin for being a BTC clone, but it did innovate with a new hashing algorithm. Feathercoin did absolutely nothing new except change the amount of coins per block.

Unfortunately in the crypto currency market, innovation doesn't necessarily mean a coin will be successful, so FTC does stand a chance. But so do all these other 'junkcoins' you're referring to.
 
what makes FTC any good? It's just a Litecoin clone, no new innovations. Some bash Litecoin for being a BTC clone, but it did innovate with a new hashing algorithm. Feathercoin did absolutely nothing new except change the amount of coins per block.

Unfortunately in the crypto currency market, innovation doesn't necessarily mean a coin will be successful, so FTC does stand a chance. But so do all these other 'junkcoins' you're referring to.

The two things i see when i answer this question is

1.amount of coins
2.community
 
The two things i see when i answer this question is

1.amount of coins
2.community

yeah community plays a big role, there's a lot of other coins that have a big fanbase though, see peercoin/primecoin. Those stand just as much of a chance as FTC in getting third place, imo.
 
yeah community plays a big role, there's a lot of other coins that have a big fanbase though, see peercoin/primecoin. Those stand just as much of a chance as FTC in getting third place, imo.

Well feathercoin's pr guy is very good,also has a sick ass english accent. So hopefully he can get it more noticed worldwide and not just in the uk
 
Back
Top