• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

lowest input lag display?

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
641
What display has the best input lag atm (Not including CRT).

I'm currently on a S23A700D and know there are better.
 
The review posted above talks about the matte screen and how it affects the image. By glare I assume you mean glossy?

And you should have a look at the responsiveness section as well. It talks about how you should look at more than input lag and there is no comparison between a 120Hz/144Hz with low input lag and a 60Hz LCD of 0 input lag.
 
that this cclaim of zero input lag with many grains of salt. not only it goes against common sense, since electrical signals still have to be much more processed in an LCD when compared to a CRT, but the older " professional gaming model " from benq had more input lag than the IPS based Dell 2312.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2420t.htm
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm

Please note that TFTcentral uses a more acuratte method of measuring input lag. The benq of course can reach 144Hz and uses a TN panel for faster response time, but we are still talking about total lag ( response + input) an order of magnitude below average human response times ( 200ms~), and below even human perception times ( ~20ms).

can anyone confirm if the dell 2312 can OC to 75Hz?
 
can anyone confirm if the dell 2312 can OC to 75Hz?

I should receive mine today--damn blizzard stopped packages. I saw someone post on the topic created for the U2312HM with an .inf file they claimed allowed 72hz. So I'm thinking of giving that a go. I know it'd be better for movies but I rarely watch them on my PC.

Anyway, you do need to keep in mind that it has 8ms response time which means visually there will be slightly more lag time than a 120hz monitor even if the input lag is better.
 
In general, it is important to look for a lack of scalar, which would mean only one input choice on a monitor. That will decrease input lag quite significantly, and is at least as important as response time.
 
If used properly, the SMT Tool 2.xx can provide pretty accurate results, not sure why most of TFT Central's numbers are still off.

Input lag and pixel response times are sperate.

For example, the first gen BenQ A-MVA panels (EW/VW/BL24") have 30ms+ pixel response times but <4ms signal delay, for a combined total of 34ms. The BenQ with it's 34ms will feel near-CRT like compared to X display with 7ms pixel response times and 17ms signal delay for a total of 24ms. Display X will feel "laggy," compared to the BenQ, but will have far, far less ghosting.
 
In general, it is important to look for a lack of scalar, which would mean only one input choice on a monitor. That will decrease input lag quite significantly, and is at least as important as response time.

The topic ask for lowest input lag, not smoothest image. According to TFT central the top spots on input lag are all IPS:
Dell 2312 1080p IPS
Dell 2412 1200p IPS
Hazro Hz30 1600p IPS

Note that the Hazro has no scaler, and is one of the few 30" that a gamer could use and still be below 1 frame of total lag:D You americans are lucky and can get one from UK- there is no way to bring one of those to Brazil:(

can't wait for the Dell 3014:rolleyes:
 
I'm in the same boat as you. I own a s23a700d and I'm contemplating picking up the Benq xl2411t since I think it had much lower input lag. If anyone could chime in on this it would be great.
 
I am confused as to whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. Not trying to argue, but if you are correcting a mistake I made, I cannot tell where it is!
 
No scaler doesn't imply single input, just look at the HP ZR2740w for example.
 
There is a 23" IPS alternative which has 0.8 milliseconds of lag based on PRAD.de's review. You can also check responsivness in the link, but it's a gaming monitor so it's optimalized.
 
There is a 23" IPS alternative which has 0.8 milliseconds of lag based on PRAD.de's review. You can also check responsivness in the link, but it's a gaming monitor so it's optimalized.

Not correct.

Input lag = signal delay (time spent processing before pixel change begins) + pixel response (time to reach target luminance)

The monitor you link to may have 0.8ms signal delay, but the "input lag" is 4.6ms. That's still low for an IPS screen tho.
 
Not correct.

Input lag = signal delay (time spent processing before pixel change begins) + pixel response (time to reach target luminance)

The monitor you link to may have 0.8ms signal delay, but the "input lag" is 4.6ms. That's still low for an IPS screen tho.

Yeah I should have been more precise with the "lag". Anyways, it should be one of the fastest IPS's out there.
 
Input lag+pixel response times are separate. A display can have 45ms pixel response times and 1 ms signal delay and still feel lag less. Example: 1st gen Samsung C-PVA and BenQ EW/VW/BL series all have 25ms-ish pixel response times but no input lag.
 
Input lag+pixel response times are separate. A display can have 45ms pixel response times and 1 ms signal delay and still feel lag less. Example: 1st gen Samsung C-PVA and BenQ EW/VW/BL series all have 25ms-ish pixel response times but no input lag.

I disagree.

The Asus VG278h for example has the same signal delay value for all overdrive settings. Input lag is incredibly high at TraceFree 0. I had to run the monitor at TraceFree 100 to get an acceptable level of input lag.
 
Back
Top