• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Love your Socket A?

LOL, been running a Socket A since 2001, actually considering getting a 2400+ to replace the 2000+ I've had for most of that time.

I started with a athlon 1.4ghz which failed when the fan stopped spinning about 3 months old :/. I got a Duron 800 to stick in there to make things work until I got a shiny new AthlonXP 2000+.

That one lasted 6 months. I was helping a friend diagnose no-boot on his 1.4ghz Athlon. I turned it on with only the heatsink resting on the core, not clipped down. It popped and smoked in 10 seconds flat.

Another 1.667 ghz 2000+ lasted years this time, until xmas 2005. My gf bought me a hard drive and I decided then would be a good time to clean out the heatsink. Well the rubber feet rubbed off and I wobbled the heatsink when clipping.... Cracked the corner...

So now I'm on 2000+ #3, and seriously considering $25 to go to a 2400+ to make it last ever so slightly longer LOL.
 
xp 2800 at 2.4ghz. running 12x multiplier and 400 mhz fsb. w00t, time to upgrade though, anyone wanna buy a system? lol

Its been awhile since your post, but I'd be interested in that A7N8X in your sig. I'll pm you.
 
COUNT ME IN! :p Current rig is a Socket A AMD XP 1600+ OC'ed to 1.4........within the next week though.....it will be a beastly 3000+ hopefully OC'ed to 2.5 or so from the stock 2.1. check the sig as my INTEL box revived this beast of a socket A......:eek:
 
How much would a TBred-B 2200+ 1.8ghz, ECS K7s5a, 512MB DDR2100 system be worth?
 
I am still running a barton Mobile in my server box. It runs BF1942, BFV, and BF 2 Coop servers for my buds and I just fine

Here is it getting a once over reciently.

My brother and I found that the SLK he had was incompatable with the setup....

So we decided... "Lets install a Thermalright XP 120."

You say, "Hey the 120 isn't socket A compatible."

We knew this, and decided it wasn't gonna matter LOL!


We had to mess with the PSU's position, so a little bending, and a noise pad removed gave use the 1/2 we needed for extra clearance.




You say, "How did you get it on?"
I am glad you asked.... CABLETIES!!! :D




What a tightfit.....getting the corner mobo screw in here.




The 120mm fan no longer fit, so we rigged the "Ghetto Fan".





Here it is running on top of my brother's PC (bAcKpAiN||pcc).




Here it is running 3DMark 2001se at 2.53 Ghz ;)




Seems very stable (Orthos Prime Blend) @ 220 x 11 with 1.92 volts.

@ 2volts the CPU temp never rises above 47C priming with Orthos at 2.5+Ghz but needs more voltage for stability and the DFI only allows 2 :(


What a blast. So a 600 Mhz OC, not too bad for "Ghetto Air cooling"....

And it is actually quiet since all fans are 120 mm :D


Oh yeah, final specs:

DFI Lanparty Ultra B
AMD mobile Barton 2400+ @ 2.42Ghz (220 x 11)
1Gb OCZ Gold Extreme Voltage 440 mhz 2-2-2-5
Powercolor X800XT
XP-120 cooling
Antect True Power 550watt
In the ol' Superlanboy :D
 
walk into the light socket a peeps

0610crypc8.jpg
 
I'd love to have my FSB upped to 333 so I don't have to run my 2700+ at 2100 anymore LOL!
 
Back
Top