Lost Ark Post launch thread!

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys! Here we are for all things Lost Ark. the other thread was made years ago and figured a update would be good. This game can get bery complicated fast but is amazing. Im going to start a guild and discord for anyone and everyone who wants to join or has questions.
US East
Danube
espin#4571
https://discord.gg/agkmJzzPk4

edit: server changed to Danube. Ever since they announced that F2P players cannot join founders servers we rerolled so f2p players can join.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it myself but I've watched it on twitch a few times for a considerable period of time during the beta and twitch streams are full of lost ark the past few days leading up to the launch.

I really like the creature design and some of the environment design but personally I'm not a fan of the:
.. s-e asian gaming dash ("ice-skating") mobility style (like in black desert online)
.. the prevalence of the "weed wacker" non-targeted spinning attacks, (also common in black desert online)
...the arcade spam/mash attack style
...fx overload from the masher style and ability loadouts (especially when in groups)

Those kind of games, like path of exile, diablo3, etc. end up being like a flamethrower or napalm hose on a fireworks factory - attacks and FX wise, singly let alone once you have more than one character in a group. The impact of opponent attacks isn't very visceral to me usually either. Everything feels lightweight and arcade-y. The games end up being more like an isometric version of an R-Type genre arcade game in an rpg wrapper. I get the appeal for some people but it's just not for me. I tried to like it but the more I watched the dungeon battles the more it fit that description I just laid out. I'm more interested in elden ring and heavy combat mechanics personally though I have enjoyed a lot of non-arcade-y isometric rpgs as well and have put considerable time into a few much less arcade-y mmos in the past. It's always good to have fresh games in any genre though so I hope it works out well for the people who like it. It is free to play so it doesn't hurt to try it out.

b06961_8f126d98d71c4d4799167a9dc5807729~mv2.gif

77abdefe1848ccc93d8c474ad6f31bf7.gif

Last edited:
Lil necro here but I just have been craving to get into a good mmorpg and ended up trying Lost Ark and am enjoying it so far but I can tell this is not the game that I really want to get into ... I am really just killing time waiting for The Quinfall to release at the end of this month.. but so far Lost Ark is ok.. Anyone else playing this?

Lil necro here but I just have been craving to get into a good mmorpg and ended up trying Lost Ark and am enjoying it so far but I can tell this is not the game that I really want to get into ... I am really just killing time waiting for The Quinfall to release at the end of this month.. but so far Lost Ark is ok.. Anyone else playing this?
I really enjoyed my time with LA. I got to the point where you had to grind away from mats and I just couldn't do it. If they actually let you grind, that would have been one thing, but they have timers on how many times you can run a dungeon and that just killed it for me.

I really enjoyed my time with LA. I got to the point where you had to grind away from mats and I just couldn't do it. If they actually let you grind, that would have been one thing, but they have timers on how many times you can run a dungeon and that just killed it for me.

This... the game is fun especially with a group in dungeons/end of act areas, but the daily timers make you have to go back everyday for optimal drops.

Coming from someone with prob 15,000 hrs + in diablo 2.....just let me grind away if I want and don't make it be a daily chore.

Original thread from 2014 has plenty of opinions from our [H] brothers.

https://hardforum.com/threads/lost-ark-hack-slash.1841009/

Back