Lost Ark (Hack & Slash)

It's pretty... but as usual, it looks only skin deep.

I think I saw a vid on this a while back. When's it out?

Just saw the video for this...looks great on the condition that there's no pay-to-win and it's not an absolute grindfest like other games that have come out of Korea.

It'll likely not come out in the West, as many of those Korean games don't.

Eh "mmorpg" turns me off. Hack and slash WoW probably. I can imagine raid tiers and gear tiers like that rather than Diablo style loot fest where you can run whatever you want for items.

I'd love to play this even if it does have an online component like Path of Exile. I suspect that will be available in English since all of the Youtube videos have English titles.

It looks good, but then again, so did alpha Diablo 3.

since it's korean can we assume that it will be a cash shop fiesta and whoever gets the western rights to publish will turn it into a total shitfest like every other korean game?

since it's korean can we assume that it will be a cash shop fiesta and whoever gets the western rights to publish will turn it into a total shitfest like every other korean game?

That's how I read it.

Eh "mmorpg" turns me off. Hack and slash WoW probably. I can imagine raid tiers and gear tiers like that rather than Diablo style loot fest where you can run whatever you want for items.

My sentiments, too. Looks like a really great concept that will probably be ruined by the "MMO" concept. Looks phenomenal on paper, though.
Hopefully it's salvageable as it looks like something I should enjoy.

The U.S. version of the game comes out next month, is this sort of a Diablo MMO?

Preload is available now at 57GB. Early access for people who purchased any of the Founders packages starts at 12:00 EST today.

Has anyone played this game before? I've heard that it's been out for several years and is finally coming to NA this week.

Game released today the 8th for early pre-orders, and the free-to-play game will be available on the 11th.

Anyone playing it today?

I am confused by this game, it sure looks like a Diablo or Torchlight type of view and camera movement that Action RPG games use, but it's said to really be an MMO like WoW or Guild Wars.

So it's basically a WoW type of game, just with a fixed camera view like Diablo? Or is it somewhat more of an Action MMO-RPG? A mix of Diablo + WoW?

2014 this thread was started?...so the game has been in development for 8 years?

It was released in the East a long time ago. It is now finally being published in the west, with tons of polish as it's an older game now. This isn't such a bad thing... I'm hearing lots of positivity in my gaming groups about it.

It was released in the East a long time ago. It is now finally being published in the west, with tons of polish as it's an older game now. This isn't such a bad thing... I'm hearing lots of positivity in my gaming groups about it.
It was released in South Korea on December 2019. I picked it up and so far it's decent. Just wondering if the end game is worth the grind.

It was released in South Korea on December 2019. I picked it up and so far it's decent. Just wondering if the end game is worth the grind.
I've heard that's a yes. Didn't realize it was such a recent release though!

I think for mmo fans there is a lot to like here. I was expecting better graphics to be honest. Some stuff looks really good but other stuff not so much. And they managed to not totally screw up the early launch. I was able to pre load and play with no hiccups.

This genre is typically not my cup of tea (top view, too much VFX, icons, cool downs, corny characters, spamming buttons, blah blah), but I may give it a try for kicks.

Back