Looks like we might get that 1 billion

Grandpa_01

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2013
Well after todays 12 AM post we are looking pretty good for that 1,000,000,000 point month. We need to keep every rig that is folding doing just that folding there little hardware hearts out. We need slightly more than 31,000,000 PPD to achieve that milestone of being the first team ever to get 1 billion points in a month ::eek:

So keep that pedal to the metal and give it a little more gas if you got it. A 1 billion point month would be a great way to finish the year off and 1 more thing to add to this great year of folding for the [H] in this year the [H] has been the first team to a 900,000,000 point month brought the #1 folding spot back to where it belonged and now we have the chance to set one final record for the year of 2012.

It is time to kick the after burners in and finish this year off right fold on and fold [H]ard :cool:

Last edited:
hmm .. looks like it's time to fire back up my dual slot 1 Pentium 2 400mhz smp Behemoth!

Guess I'll turn my 470 back on for a little while.

just hit 1 million PPD/month, something I've been wanting to do since being able to fold BA on my i7, but never quite reaching it.

Fired up i3 laptop for smp -4

Also hope to get my 4 new 6180's in Monday to upgrade my 4P 6166HE boxen
should get quite a few more points there

Last edited:
Also three 8101s. Cannot seem to get back to a streak of 8102s at all.
Just as soon as I appear to be on a ramp along comes a 6901 and then 8101s... :mad:
Same three systems. More watts. Less pernts.

What is this mythical 8102 do you speak of? Currently processing my 12th 8101 and the only wu I had was an 6901...

Ahh the 8102, just finished processing my 3rd one in as many WU:D Would have been even better if it had been on my E5 rig

The 2nd Ram kit for my E5 rig turned up today, now i can run quad channel so should be a PPD boost.
HFM is currently estimating an extra 12k PPD
Oh and Invincible is now folding again on a part time basis - should be another 10k out of that

I could pump out more SMP, if I didn't get these farking 24-hour long p7808s. Rage.

Oh... congratz to [H] hitting 20 billion points too!

Time to find a blank dvd and burn a new Ubuntu server disk. I got a rig to get online!

Well we had another good day of folding after the 12 AM update we will need 30,962,081 PPD to hit the magic mark. Keep it up guys a few more days like today and god forbid, there be no Stanford screw up's we should make it with a little room to spare. :cool:

I had a beautiful run of 8102s, probably 20 or so, but today 6901. Sad times. :(

Looks like I had a power failure while i was gone the last few days.... back up and running now.

Looks like I had a power failure while i was gone the last few days.... back up and running now.

I had one as well. Got everything up and running remotely, but had 2 4p systems down for I'm guessing at least 12 hours.

5 more days at this rate and we definitely will touch the last major goal for 2012 :D for [H]

I'm back in the game.
I couldn't leave the boxen on while I was away.
My dad likes to come by and turn my power off when I am gone.
An old habit that I can't get him to break.

After tonights update, if we keep the current production going it looks like we should hit 1,000,000,000 at around 6 AM Pacific time on December 31, 2012. Which gives us a few hours to spare. Great job everybody and lets keep it up to the end. This has truly been a great year of folding for the [H]. Thanks everybody for letting me be part of this great team. :)

I'm working on helping.

3570k at 4.7 ghz, Evga 680 classified , folding when not gaming.

0.png

32mil left. So long as Stanford doesn't screw up, we're on our way. :)

32mil left. So long as Stanford doesn't screw up, we're on our way. :)

if I had a bigger water cooler, I would try to squeeze more out of my proc, but its running at 65c now when folding. My gear at my hosting site is down also, as I really don't have the cash to dish out the power bill. Otherwise, I have a HP DL 380, G5, and HP DL 360 G5, I would set into motion.

I don't want to jinx it or anything but it looks like we are gonna make it!

if I had a bigger water cooler, I would try to squeeze more out of my proc, but its running at 65c now when folding. My gear at my hosting site is down also, as I really don't have the cash to dish out the power bill. Otherwise, I have a HP DL 380, G5, and HP DL 360 G5, I would set into motion.

65c is actually pretty cool. Intel CPU's are good to 90-105c, I run some of my systems in the mid-high 80's c and have been doing so for years.

We will be damn close to 10 billion for the year, too. Now is not the time to coast.

65c is actually pretty cool. Intel CPU's are good to 90-105c, I run some of my systems in the mid-high 80's c and have been doing so for years.

I always try to keep temps under 80c, preferably closer to the 70c end of that spectrum. 65c is fine imo.

I think it is now pretty safe to say that we are going to make it to that magical number we have 8 updates to go and we only need 14.6 million to make it that is 1,825,000 per update. As long as Stanford does not have any major screw ups that is, they kind of scared me a little this morning when a couple of the bigadv servers went off line but they got it fixed fairly quickly. I do believe we could make it at this point even if they went down again.

Good job everyone we have shown in this year of 2012 why the [H] is the the #1 folding team in the world since joining the team in April of this year I have watched this team pull together and mow down a 200,000,000 point deficit and bring the #1 spot back home where it belongs, and you did it through the summer no less. The team production has actually gone up through the summer which is unheard of in folding, In December of 2011 the [H] made 586 million, in December of 2012 the [H] will make 1 billion points we have almost doubled our daily production and this has been done with PG point nerfs.

This team has done some pretty amazing things in the folding world this year and you have shown you have allot of pride and heart and know what team work and camaraderie is. congrats guys on the accomplishments of 2012, I am proud to be counted among the members of this team.:cool:

Grandpa

Back