Looking for good headphones...

There like $65? I still want it to sound good?

They should be available locally, go try them out. You don't a headphone amp so much of the higher end stuff won't sound great anyway.

I can buy a headphone amp though. Money isnt something i worry about (Sounds stupid from a 15 year old i know) But still i am starting a job soon and have the money right now so lay it on me lol

Dont mean to sound stuck up...

Open sound more airy and have a more natural sound. Closed have more detail and bass with a more intense sound.

http://gd-audiobase.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=7

Alder is $198. They are made one at a time by hand. By all accounts, you would dig them. Plus they run ok without an amp. Better with one but yeah. Comfortable but maybe a bit heavy? Not for me but I am not bothered by heavy headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K702-Headphones/dp/B001RCD2DW

Which ones do you think i should get that wont hurt my ears and i can add a amp if need be. I hate buying cheap shit cuz then you have spend even more money later upgrading like my psu issue any how so i dont want to get cheap stuff i want stuff that will last years. Figured i would buy everything now before I get a house and all those bills lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Headphones are all about preference, a higher price rarely means the headphone will be more pleasurable to listen to. Some of the headphones are just expensive due to the nature of a limited run product.

I think you should start out with something basic like the AD700 or if you want to spend more, AD900. Spread upgrades.

yeah almost 10 pages later lol Rock hip hop mostly some metal here and there but not much

Audioslave
Awolnation
Lots of hip hop artist
Him
Akon
Gym class heros
Toby keith

People like that...

AD900 won't handle hip hop well.

Go with the Denon AH-D2000.

sounds like you really need to go into a store and demo some headphones, it will save yo u time buying / returning ones you don't like.

another vote for the denon ah2000's. the best all around headphone if you don't mind the price.

Are the better than the 990?

You are looking at this matter as if these headphones can be measured from bad to good and placed on a line. But that isn't a case. With the headphones in your price range, it's all preference. Both headphones are among the best. I'd give the nod to the DT990 (600ohm) variant though.

again, find a local shop that carries some of these and go test them out, only way to "really" figure out what you like.

Ya gotta stop asking subjective questions like that, you're just gonna feel insecure about each purchase that way. You have to go to a store and try them, the best we can do is guide you to certain headphones known for bass. Two of those are the 990's which you've already tried, and the AH-D2000's that were recommended, which are closed headphones.

If you wanted closed headphones, those would be the ones I would recommend. However, I think the bigger issue is that you thought the 990's sounded like crap. I would spend some time troubleshooting that still.

I do prefer the d2000's over the dt 990's. I found the 990's too harsh on the high end. I had the 600 ohm variant.

450- No i havnt returned the other pair yet (Waiting on my rents)

Wadec22- I AGREE being 15 my earing is still good and god the highs just hurt my ears like i could have been searching on the forum and it would take my attention away cuz of how bright they are.

Valair- Oh no teens are generaly insecure lol but The 990s didnt sound terrible i bet if i turned the highs down they would have been fine. But they caused my ears to ache and hurt after use and it was like a pain in my ears not on the outside so i cant use them. They only sounded bad cuz my onkyo made them sound bad my 800D did just fine. Except still to bright and they hurt my ears.

I will give the DT2200s a shot i am short on money right now so i will have to save up the diffrence lucky enough finishing painting my house and my birthday is in mid august.

You might like the Denon. Most young people seem to dig them. I just got a pair of old Lambda Stax and a srd7b energizer. THAT is not a pretty pair of headphones. They take 60-100 WATTS of power from a speaker amp. They would blow your mind though. Nothing attacks like a Stax.

I need to go to guitar center and see if they have many headphones there.

mmm STAX.

spaceman we should recommend everyone STAX headphones from now on.

I need to go to guitar center and see if they have many headphones there.

do a little leg work beforehand and save yourself some driving time.

go here http://www.guitarcenter.com/Headphones-Pro-Audio,New-Gear.gc
under "Brand" on left hand side choose a manufacturer
select headphones you're interested in
on right hand side, enter zip code and click Find In Store
will show if it's in stock at your local store

their stock shown on their website is surprisingly up to date. you'll have to do this individually for any headphones you might be interested in, but it sounds like you've got your list somewhat narrowed down anyway.

Are STAX that great?

Yeah but they are $$$. I have been shopping for months now. The best deal is one like I got. A Lambda normal bias and a SRD-7 energizer. They are a completely different type of headphone. Their drivers are lighter than air membranes. Hence the speed and detail. The 009 Stax is the best current production headphone in the world. It should be for the $$$$ it takes to buy it and the rest of the equipment to go with it.

My setup is ghetto compared to that. Still, it is probably 85% of the 009 sound for thousands less.

yeah my budget is 250 or so lol I will try to send out my headphones tomorrow i forgot about them today. I like how we have 10 pages of talk about headphones lol

I like how we have 10 pages of talk about headphones lol

Headphones threads are pretty popular. :D

Displays and headphones/speakers are commonly underplanned in builds. Spending top cash on CPUs and Vid Cards while neglecting the picture and sound of what you are using the rig for is madness.

yeah my budget is 250 or so lol I will try to send out my headphones tomorrow i forgot about them today. I like how we have 10 pages of talk about headphones lol

most of it is you asking the same question and getting the same answer, go try some damn headphones! :p

Back