Looking for good headphones...

Eh what he means is if you are running stereo which is 2.1 or headphones, a sound card doesn't matter much. Only if you want digital surround sound which only works ok for games and things like movies that are encoded in 5.1.

You should be fine with using your receiver as a sound card. I would use you optical sound out of your mobo though.

Last edited:
Either those speakers or two of the ones I listed. The bigger ones will give you more realistic sound.

What you mean? A realistic sound?

Like the difference b/w hearing a voice through a phone vs in person for example. The better the speaker, the more sound you will hear. So the larger Mirage speakers will basically give you more detail in the sound. You will hear faint instruments in a song that you never heard before. Or when gaming will get a better idea of the distance and elevation of a noise. Just better overall.

2 good speakers beats 5 ok ones in terms of sound quality. The only way they fall short is that 5 speakers do a better job in games. However, games are not the highest quality sound source. Either way, you are getting good speakers. The 2 bigger ones will sound better for music. The 5 smaller better for games and movies.

Yeah, would the 595s be a option too? There a bit cheaper..

Thank you btw

Beyerdynamic make better headphones for the same or lower price. I had HD595 and then I bought beyerdynamic DT990pro and they are better than HD595 and cost less too. Only issue is that DT990 are higher impedance so are better with a headphone amp.

did you end up getting an amp to go with them?
It's not necessary.

Beyerdynamic make better headphones for the same or lower price. I had HD595 and then I bought beyerdynamic DT990pro and they are better than HD595 and cost less too. Only issue is that DT990 are higher impedance so are better with a headphone amp.
The DT990's that I linked him are 32 ohms.

The HD595 are 50 ohms for the new version.

Yeah the 990s will sound a bit better with an amp. However, they will rock out just fine powered by a soundcard.

I dont have either, I was going to run them from my receiver?

Plus i dont know anything about amps or sound cards so...

My grammer sucks, One im 16 and two i fail all my english and spelling test, I'm more math and computer classes at my school.

Anyways you think they will sound better than my Klipsch S2s?

Might take you a while to get used to the sound of the DT990s. I think the DT990s would be better than the S2's though.

What you mean is it different?

How do you get rid of that static sound when you have your surround sound turned up?

My grammer sucks, One im 16 and two i fail all my english and spelling test, I'm more math and computer classes at my school.

Anyways you think they will sound better than my Klipsch S2s?

Yes.

Ok I got them today. First reaction they felt a little cheaply built. I am trying to power them off my iPhone so not to much power right now lol but so far have a very diffrent sound.

Ok I got them today. First reaction they felt a little cheaply built. I am trying to power them off my iPhone so not to much power right now lol but so far have a very diffrent sound.

Cheap? Beyer makes some of the best built headphones. Power them right and tell us what you think.

I will but there build quality there a bit flimsy. They sound good I just can't power them right. I just left a funeral.

Maybe there flimsy so they can move around a lot more. I'm not sure.

Beyers are definitely one of the top headphone companies in terms of perceptive build quality. Maybe you got a Deyer.

The reason for the movement is to be able to adjust them.

Trust me, they last for years for a reason.

Yeah they feel diffrent on my head. They also have a diffrent sound.

Wow now that I'm in a quiet area. Holy hell I'm happy, I'm running them off my iPhone still but I listened to muse uprising and wow I'm hearing parts I never heard before. Im listenen to skillet now and it's crazy.

Thank you guys so much

No like the cup design is diffrent and the sound is rammed in my ears. Before the radio was playing really loud so I couldn't hear them well.

The only thing so far is that there isn't as much bass as I want and the highs are a little to bright. Although I think the bass is cuz I can't drive them as well since I'm on a iPhone.

Yes, while Beyerdynamic claims the 32 ohm versions of the DT 880 and DT 990 are for portable players and computers, they need more current than any normal portable player can provide. You really need an amplifier, whether it's your receiver, a CMoy, Fiio E11, or whatever.

Back