Lone Echo II 360 Experience VR Trailer

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Here is the Lone Echo II 360 Experience VR Trailer. The regular trailer can be found here and more information about the title can be found on the game's website.

Jack and Liv are back! Launch into Lone Echo II with this 360 experience from Ready At Dawn and Oculus Studios. Learn more about the highly anticipated sequel to Lone Echo, the acclaimed zero-g adventure, at https ://ocul.us/LoneEchoII. Subscribe now to watch the latest VR game trailers and stay up to date on all things Rift.

Echo VR is so good, I still haven't played Lone Echo due to it being 'full price', hoping they'd announce a price drop along with this

I have an HTC Vive, but have never played any Oculus games via Revive. I'm not planning on buying an Oculus (redundant HMD's), so I'm curious if anyone has tried Revive and if so, how well does it work? Some of these Oculus games look very cool.

I have an HTC Vive, but have never played any Oculus games via Revive. I'm not planning on buying an Oculus (redundant HMD's), so I'm curious if anyone has tried Revive and if so, how well does it work? Some of these Oculus games look very cool.
Well why not do a simple Google search? No point in just sitting around wondering when you can have all the info you need in hardly any time at all.

I enjoyed the first one. This is probably a day one buy for me, unless there is a decent pre order discount... and I HATE the basic idea of pre orders...

Try it out, Echo VR is a free multiplayer game based on this IP. You won't be alone, there are a ton of other Vive players. You can only tell because they can't put their thumbs down like Rift players.

If you do join us, be prepared for a work out, know exactly where your walls are, and use the space you have.

I was blown away by Lone Echo. Not so much by the core game play itself as it covers some well worn paths such as simple puzzle solving, time constraint tasks and exploration, which don't really break any new ground. The developers really could have upped their game (pun intended) as to core game play mechanics in that the incredible VR environment and VR movement mechanics they created could have supported a game with a LOT more depth to it. But doing so most likely would have delayed its release by another year or more and the new Rift Touch hardware was out...

For me at least, it was the VR experience itself as to bringing near flawless movement mechanics and environment interaction as well as outstanding and highly polished VR visuals backing it all up that made this game so groundbreaking. The level of extremely well done "VR" as to a new gaming paradigm that supported and encouraged full immersion, basically sucking you directly into the gaming world, is incredibly ground breaking compared to just playing a game on a flat 2D monitor. I felt like I wasn't just playing a game, but that I was actually somewhere else - inside of the game, on a ship, out in space... actually there. Soaking all that in and experiencing it for the first time is what made Lone Echo so phenomenal. It is an incredibly polished game when it comes to that and I was running it on a fairly high-spec rig so that I could turn up all the features/eye candy that it offered. It really opened my eyes as to where gaming has the potential of going with VR and I had that "We're not in Kansas anymore Toto" epiphany. This game opened up a whole new vista as to gaming possibilities - where things are going to be headed as to the future of gaming. It was an amazeballs experience for me, right up there with the first time I loaded up and played DOOM and Quake.

I'm looking forward to messing around with the sequel to this and it'll be a day one purchase for me (or pre-order if they go that route) simply because I was so impressed with what the Ready at Dawn studios folks have already accomplished.

Meh, hope they actually make a game this time not story that you move around in.

The movement was good but already had experienced the same in Echo Arena. The first hour had all those things that Supercharged is talking about, but, after that I was bored. Puzzles, wait for scripted talk before starting puzzle, then cut panel, get battery, replace and repeat. Tension? haha speed run through the ship to get somewhere in time. No problem, scripted so you could have a cup of coffee if you wanted.

It wasn't a game just a story. If the second one is more of the same I won't be buying.

I'm also blown away at how many "Meh, next." responses this game received. So many folks seem so jaded as to technology breaking new ground and potentially becoming so transformative that they simply ignore it with a sort of an "eh, whatever" apathy/disregard. There's no joy, amazement, wonder, pondering, philosophical discussion, etc. Maybe its just me, but I find this really sad. I expected a lot more folks having played it to comment on those aspects further, rather than just casually tossing it aside and treating it as "just another game". I've been playing video games since the late 70's and I for one was completely blown away by what it brought to the table as to a new tech and ways of interacting with and becoming immersed within a video game that have never been experienced before. It seems most others were not.

ECHO VR is a blast! I look forward to another Lone Echo game. The first one was a great showpiece intro to VR.

I'm also blown away at how many "Meh, next." responses this game received. So many folks seem so jaded as to technology breaking new ground and potentially becoming so transformative that they simply ignore it with a sort of an "eh, whatever" apathy/disregard. There's no joy, amazement, wonder, pondering, philosophical discussion, etc. Maybe its just me, but I find this really sad. I expected a lot more folks having played it to comment on those aspects further, rather than just casually tossing it aside and treating it as "just another game". I've been playing video games since the late 70's and I for one was completely blown away by what it brought to the table as to a new tech and ways of interacting with and becoming immersed within a video game that have never been experienced before. It seems most others were not.

Most people were blown away by the first hour or so of the game. Then some of them realised there was no game at all. Everything was so scripted that it pulled you right out of any feelings of immersion. Like when she got stuck, it was obvious that you had to cut her out. But, you couldn't even start working on it until the game allowed you to. Where is the amazing freedom then? Then when you realised that everything was going to happen exactly like a story no matter what you did, it lost all it's tension, drama or whatever you want to call it.

And people treated as just another game, because it was just another game. The story has been done before, the free movement was done before, the visuals were all done before. I am the complete the opposite of you, I can't see how any gamer played Lone Echo and wasn't bored out their mind after the first couple of hours. The glossy look and story couldn't hide the fact that there was no substance to the game at all. There was nothing for the player to do only tag along on the story. It was a complete waste of all the tools they gave you and a complete waste of any brain power as it required none.

The pondering, wonder, amazement and philosophical discussions all come from been challenged.

Most people were blown away by the first hour or so of the game. Then some of them realised there was no game at all. Everything was so scripted that it pulled you right out of any feelings of immersion. Like when she got stuck, it was obvious that you had to cut her out. But, you couldn't even start working on it until the game allowed you to. Where is the amazing freedom then? Then when you realised that everything was going to happen exactly like a story no matter what you did, it lost all it's tension, drama or whatever you want to call it.

And people treated as just another game, because it was just another game. The story has been done before, the free movement was done before, the visuals were all done before. I am the complete the opposite of you, I can't see how any gamer played Lone Echo and wasn't bored out their mind after the first couple of hours. The glossy look and story couldn't hide the fact that there was no substance to the game at all. There was nothing for the player to do only tag along on the story. It was a complete waste of all the tools they gave you and a complete waste of any brain power as it required none.

The pondering, wonder, amazement and philosophical discussions all come from been challenged.

Totally missed my point. Like mind blowingly so.

This is the first VR game that *REALLY* showcased front and center what the VR platform can do and what the possibilities and the potential for it are as a totally new way of gaming. It did that exceeding well. You and others were and are so focused on just the game itself that you ran through this incredible new forest without ever seeing any of the trees.

perhaps it's just on that edge of video-game-as-interactive-movie, which of course some people will not enjoy as much as more gameplay-driven experiences... luckily there's enough variety today that nobody can really complain... go play space pirate trainer or somethin :)

Totally missed my point. Like mind blowingly so.

This is the first VR game that *REALLY* showcased front and center what the VR platform can do and what the possibilities and the potential for it are as a totally new way of gaming. It did that exceeding well. You and others were and are so focused on just the game itself that you ran through this incredible new forest without ever seeing any of the trees.

Nope didn't miss your point at all. You are trying to say that it was a deep game with an amazing story and you felt like you were actually part of the game for the first time ever and you kind of wet yourself with the awesomeness of it all and now you are bummed because not everybody felt that way.

I am telling you it wasn't a game, it was just stupid filler on top of an interactive story. Some people thought it was amazing because of the story other people wanted a game that challenged them.

It wasn't the ground breaking epic that you seem to think it was. There were other interactive stories that were equally moving. There were other games that showed off the movement just as well. There were other experiences that looked beautiful.

This was a story, that's all. There was no game. You liked it, good for you. Other people didn't like it.

perhaps it's just on that edge of video-game-as-interactive-movie, which of course some people will not enjoy as much as more gameplay-driven experiences... luckily there's enough variety today that nobody can really complain... go play space pirate trainer or somethin :)

It's not that people wanted another Space Pirate trainer or Robo Recall or another action packed game. The Developers of Lone Echo showed no creativity or imagination when it came to the actual game play. How much extra work would it have been to make a few challenges, something with consequences. Cut panel, replace battery was the height of it. There was great freedom of movement, the tools were all really well done and then you use them to do mind numbingly boring chores. Puzzles that didn't nothing for the story or the gameplay. (puzzles is a very generous description of what they actually were)

In a game that was designed around a thought provoking story surely they could have made some thought provoking challenges too, that furthered the story. We might have been more involved in the story if we felt like we could fail. As it was the story chugged along without much real involvement from us at all.

surely they could have made some thought provoking challenges
surely they considered doing that but decided not to... maybe they even tried but realized testers were getting stuck or distracted from the story, who knows... it's probably a tough balance to get just right especially in tighter development schedules... you see room for improvement which no doubt others see, we can only hope the next will be better or we get involved in the process ourselves...

Reaper12, I never said any of that shit. Again, you are and have completely fucking missed my entire point. It's almost as if you can't read.

I never said it was a deep game. I never said it was an amazing story.

As a game it wasn't very deep at all and it didn't push anything new as to game play mechanics. What it did do though is fully validate VR as an entirely new gaming platform and showcased the hell out of the POTENTIAL of that platform and what VR can bring to the gaming table. It did this incredibly well, better than anything that has come before it, and that's what was so ground breaking. That's what had me in awe.

There is a lot more the dev's should have and could have done to make this game a real standout, but they didn't, most likely due to schedule/budget pressures... but that's entirely besides the point. It's like they built the ultimate new and exciting gaming playground leveraging VR to the max, but forgot to populate it with more than a simple, shallow puzzle on rails experince with a slightly rushed, but half decent story/plot by today's gaming standards.

But still, it's the environments, VR mechanics and the VR frameworks they built and leveraged that were so inspiring/amazing - not for their take on game play, but how they can now be leveraged in future gaming efforts.

Last edited:
I was away all weekend did not have time to reply to your post Friday. I was reading your posts correctly, but, couldn't believe what I was reading so I was given you the benefit of the doubt that if you didn't think much of the game play then you must have thought the story was amazingly good.

But, no, apparently It's only the Potential of the game that you like. I guess this is where you and I differ. I see it as Potential wasted. You compared it to the first time you tried Doom or Quake. Funny, because those are two games who showcased potential for the future, but still had enough gameplay to capture you and keep you coming back for more.

When I played Echo Arena, I was very excited for what they were going to do with Lone Echo. What a disappointment it turned out to be.

See, You are going about how ground breaking Lone Echo was, I didn't see it as ground breaking at all. Mission ISS had the same freedom of movement and some amazing views. If you played Echo Arena you would have had experienced the same movement already.

And I am not going to give the developers a pass on having no gameplay. If Lone Echo II is another interactive story with boring filler, then count me out.

But, I hope you enjoy it. Maybe there might be even more Potential for you to wax lyrical about.

Fair enough - yes, at the time, I hadn't really explored/used Echo Arena, so Lone Echo was my first real foray into what they had built.

Fair enough - yes, at the time, I hadn't really explored/used Echo Arena, so Lone Echo was my first real foray into what they had built.

If you haven't tried it yet, have a go of Mission ISS in VR. That was my first experience of Free Movement.

It's a really good VR experience if you have the stomach for it.

Back