Lol evga Notify

I was gonna say welcome to the 2020s and the world of product shortages, shipping delays, inflation, etc. all that good stuff, but yeah 20 months does seem pretty excessive.

People buying one or two at a time are not the target market in a crypto boom. AIBs will gladly sell pallets of them to mining farms before they will allocate to individuals.

And that is the core issue.
I'm hoping with Bitcoin's drop to below 19K, a lot of people are going to give up on it. I'm sure there will be some, but with crypto prices so low and energy prices so high, it will be unprofitable and GPU manufacturers can focus on the gamers and producers who need the cards, not miners.
Of course, I'm hoping. Not expecting.

I don't think that Bitcoin has reached its bottom yet, especially if the Fed raises interest rates again.

The laws of economic gravity have not been repealed.

Signed up 10-10-20 for a 3080
Notify sent 6-15-22

Will never use that system again
Exactly same situation here. Card came out to $909 which is pretty snazzy for CAD pricing. I considered listing it here and see who wanted me login to get it, but I figured everyone who wants one probably has one by now.

Exactly same situation here. Card came out to $909 which is pretty snazzy for CAD pricing. I considered listing it here and see who wanted me login to get it, but I figured everyone who wants one probably has one by now.
Plus used ones are going in the $650-725 range now.

Got mine too bought a ZOTAC 3080 Holo online when they had a drop sale.

EVGA.png
Dear Valued Customer,

This email is being sent in response to your request to be notified with availability updates for product 10G-P5-3885-KL and this product was marked as being in stock on 6/13/2022 at 3:31 PM PST.

Please use the unique URL to complete your purchase. Due to this being a limited supply product you have 20 hours to complete your purchase from the time this product was marked in stock; if your purchase is not complete within 20 hours of this product being marked in stock, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again.

Please Note : You must be logged into the EVGA website and your profile email address MUST match the address that you used to sign up for notify.

Notify sent 6-15-22

Total Agony I know wasted countless hours reading the EVGA forums never again. I did get a notify for a 3070 3 months after I bought one.

I got my 3060 Ti off the EVGA waitlist at "list" price but it took too long. I hope that when I need to upgrade, mining will no longer be a thing.

Next time I will buy from a different AIB vendor, not EVGA.

Last edited:
Next time I will buy from a different AIB vendor, not EVGA.

I bought my EVGA card from Amazon, a month or so after I signed up for the notify thing on EVGA.

I signed up for the cheapest version, the Black. I ended up getting the XC Ultra (or something like that). I assume EVGA just didn't bother making the Blacks and opted to make the higher end versions. I assume the markup is higher. Slightly higher clocks and a back plate for $60 more. I paid more than I wanted, but sold my old RTX 2070 for more than it would've been worth so it wasn't a bad upgrade.

MSRP then jumped so I felt like I got a steal all things considered.

Next time I need a new graphics card. Why? 'cuz I got very frustrated with the EVGA waitlist. Isn't that reason enough ?
Not really lol. Has nothing to do with the quality of their product. The wait list also did help quite a few people anyway.

Next time I need a new graphics card. Why? 'cuz I got very frustrated with the EVGA waitlist. Isn't that reason enough ?
A waitlist does not make demand go down, they can't sell more then they can produce.

Not really lol. Has nothing to do with the quality of their product. The wait list also did help quite a few people anyway.
It may not have anything to do with the quality of their product, but rather the quality of their service. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that EVGA was indeed selling pallets of GPUs to mining operations, while hundreds or thousands of loyal customers waited in the queue. I can completely understand why someone would be upset with them as a vendor.

From the business' point of view, I understand it as well. I would much rather sell pallets of inventory to a handful of larger customers than piecemeal orders to lots of individual facilities, but I would also understand it if those small-time customers started buying things from someone else if we backordered them to focus on the big guys.

To conclude, if I feel like a company doesn't care about me as a customer, then it's a valid reaction to stop buying their product(s).

While I'm on my EVGA soapbox...I've ordered several times through their B-Stock program and every time has been a disaster for me. The first time I ordered a B-Stock GTX 670 that I was going to use in my son's PC. It arrived DOA. They sent a 770 as a replacement (nice!) with a corrupted vBIOS. I tried to reflash it several times, but never got it working right. Then I ordered a modular PSU. It arrived DOA. They sent a replacement that was a different model, without the power cables, because they tell you to keep the cables and just return the unit itself, so naturally the cables don't fit. They also don't sell a cable set for the replacement unit by itself and a custom set is more than the unit. Lessons learned - no more B-Stock for me, no matter how good the deals look.

I really loved a lot of their products and their customer service during the GTX 200 - GTX 500 series generations was miles ahead of everyone else at the time.

I haven't looked in over a year. Are things still stupid? Like being available and stuff? Paid $700 for my 3070. /shrug

I haven't looked in over a year. Are things still stupid? Like being available and stuff? Paid $700 for my 3070. /shrug
They are but they've come down a little bit. 3070s are going for around 5-600 from what I've seen. Ti models in the 7s.

In general I've found all of the various "notify me when this is available" services are mostly pointless these days. Either they're way, way too late or the item you're trying to buy isn't that rare in the first place.
IMO the way to go these days is to find a dedicated forum/community with real-time updates. Read through things and pay attention to when and where retail drops are occurring. People are shockingly helpful when it comes to this stuff. That way you aren't fruitlessly hammering F5 on your day off or lunch break for no reason. Have your address/payment info in Google and ready to rock, too.

I know a lot of people here knock it, and yes it isn't particularly ideal for selling, but buying on eBay isn't a bad option, particularly if you're willing to buy used. For new, I agree with the post above.
My personal preference is just to wait, because chances are when availability improves, prices drop (but not always).

Might as well wait for the 4xxx series.

But you'll probably have to wait another 2 years to get one of those LOL.

I know a lot of people here knock it, and yes it isn't particularly ideal for selling, but buying on eBay isn't a bad option, particularly if you're willing to buy used. For new, I agree with the post above.
My personal preference is just to wait, because chances are when availability improves, prices drop (but not always).

I bought several used 3XXX cards in 2020 and early 2021 from members here for reasonable prices. Some with transferable warranties for peace of mind.

I kid you not, mine JUST came in too. haha

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is being sent in response to your request to be notified with availability updates for product 10G-P5-3885-KL and this product was marked as being in stock on 6/20/2022 at 11:14 AM PST.

Received this email.

Dear ******,

Now that EVGA has sufficient stock on 30 series at EVGA.com and at ETAIL/RETAIL partners, starting June 23th 2022, all pending queue notifies on EVGA PN: 08G-P5-3751-KR will be removed and the product will be made available for purchase as supply continues to arrive.

You can see all in-stock 30 Series availability at any time by visiting here. The EVGA Queue system will continue to be in place for high demand products.

You are receiving this message because you previously signed up for our notification queue on our US/Canada webstore to be notified when 08G-P5-3751-KR is available to purchase or for changes to its availability status.

Regards,
EVGA

Received this email.

Dear ******,

Now that EVGA has sufficient stock on 30 series at EVGA.com and at ETAIL/RETAIL partners, starting June 23th 2022, all pending queue notifies on EVGA PN: 08G-P5-3751-KR will be removed and the product will be made available for purchase as supply continues to arrive.

You can see all in-stock 30 Series availability at any time by visiting here. The EVGA Queue system will continue to be in place for high demand products.

You are receiving this message because you previously signed up for our notification queue on our US/Canada webstore to be notified when 08G-P5-3751-KR is available to purchase or for changes to its availability status.

Regards,
EVGA
Curious what their interpretation of 'sufficient' is. I think it makes sense that increased supply is valid as crypto has turned somewhat unprofitable over the last few days, and supply chain issues have been resolved to an extent (definitely not in full). Demand could also be going down as folks are anticipating the release of next-gen cards. But I'm a little suspicious if their inventory really has been boosted enough that people no longer need to wait, or if this is EVGA's way out of a long list of people waiting to buy their cards that in practice those folks aren't likely to get.

Notify sent 6-15-22

Same here... I got a notification on June 1st 2022, signed up the day the queue was created.

I bought a card as well from the queue, a 3080TI. However for the others where i signed up later than >1 day, evidently nothing came up. I canceled those other ones once i got my card.

It's not a perfect system, taking into account some people bought multiple cards, but it's something. At least in my region it was the only way to get a card at a "reasonable" price.

It wasnt enough for the fan boys when EVGA told me I had to give them a $800 deposit to do a cross swap on a PSU with a fan which failed in less than 2 months. I bought the PSU for $200 from them on sale.

I spent 20 minutes and replaced the fan myself, the new fan is better and I have had zero issues.

So ya, fuck EVGA and their supposed great warranty/customer service.

Back