Logitech Will Deliberately Brick Harmony Link Devices Next Year

on my 4th harmony 350, dogs seem to use them for chew toys when bored. this one is pretty chewed but still works. hope the service it self stays up to program these

It is just baffling to me why a remote would possibly need a remote service in order to function properly.

It's so insanely stupid.

I would buy a harmony for my home theater in a second if it weren't for this idiotic detail. My remote shouldn't need to be connected to the internet at all.

Wow. I've got Logitech keyboards that range from around 7-15 years old, and they all work fine. The F10 key doesn't work on the oldest one, but that's the extent of it's problems. All of these were used at least for a year or 2 at work as well as for years at home. If one died on me in a year, I'd would have gotten Logitech to replace it.

The F10 key.....what a peculiar key.

The one with the dinky display. It was really cool for its time, game stat displays on it, Rivatuner temps on it, I was even able to send MSN chats on that little screen while I am gaming. But the quality of that keyboard was atrocious, and the keys were terrible, and when the rubber and plastic started to rot, I threw it away and never looked at another Logitech device.... except for their Proteus mouse, which I really like.

Mine is still going strong. Dirty, dingy, gross. Colors have worn off on a lot of keys and the palm rest area. But, still 100% working.

I really love the keyboard, and am looking for a decent replacement. Probably going mechanical this time.

Yeah, it was even worse. The phones barely had any reported cases that were confirmed in the USA, yet they bricked them anyways.
I don't consider that a big deal. They were recalled and money was refunded. The phones had a serious issue with the battery and they decided to take a huge loss after attempts at fixing the problem failed.

I'm OK with that.

The F10 key.....what a peculiar key.
It sure is. I think on one of my machines, it was used in the bios, but I certainly didn't use it as much as virtually every other key. Still, after roughly 10-15 years, it's quite usable (the mouse, OTOH, hasn't been used in at least 10 years...probably tossed it).
41PSAYRPHAL.jpg

Wow. I've got Logitech keyboards that range from around 7-15 years old, and they all work fine. The F10 key doesn't work on the oldest one, but that's the extent of it's problems. All of these were used at least for a year or 2 at work as well as for years at home. If one died on me in a year, I'd would have gotten Logitech to replace it.

Mine had it's paint come off in a matter of months, the paint felt like those rubber paint on some Audi and VW cars from the mid 2000's. I couldn't get a replacement due to my region (small pacific island). I have a cheap Cooler Master psuedo-mechanical keyboard and it's been holding much longer and better than the G15.

Mine is still going strong. Dirty, dingy, gross. Colors have worn off on a lot of keys and the palm rest area. But, still 100% working.

I really love the keyboard, and am looking for a decent replacement. Probably going mechanical this time.

If Logitech would make a mechanical version then I'd definitely check it out. The key presses on my G15 were pretty bad, I could feel the plastic rubbing on the way down, but never had any issues with them. The gaps too were so large that you could see the junk that falls in! Food crumbs, skin flakes, pubic hairs, dried boogers, jesus. Thank goodness the gaps helped with its cleanup.

Back