List of PS3.0 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm.. excuse me but aren't we supposed to be talking about the list?

How about that Tiger Woods 2005!!! That's gonna be the shiniest little white ball I ever did see!

Originally posted by creedAMD

How about that Tiger Woods 2005!!! That's gonna be the shiniest little white ball I ever did see!
yeah we should get back to the list.

actually i cant wait to see how tiger woods and madden 2005 look.
if you seen shots or played tiger 99.(it looked terrible). tiger 2004 is a huge diffrence and looks a shit load better. but now with better graphic cards im kinda wondering how it will look.

about STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl
take a look at this site, and read and look at the pictures. its very chilling to know that the place in the pics is the same place the game is based off.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html

Originally posted by Bad_Boy
If there was no significant value there why would Microsoft develop it? (not aimed at anyone, just asking)

Ummm have you checked out the differences in the spec of PS3 and PS2 Extended?

There is no significant value at this time. Microsoft developed it and finalized it back when they released DX9. Current cards aren't likely to do well with the various loop instructions and you must be masochistic if you want to use more than 512 instructions at this time.

The whole reason they designed it was so they wouldn't have to do anything new between DX9 and Longhorn (though if Longhorn takes till 2007 then well yeah prolly need to release something).

Edit: Sounds like a good idea to stick to list of Games that will supposedly use PS3

If there was no significant value there why would Microsoft develop it? (not aimed at anyone, just asking)

There's always significant value to something Microsoft does (ha, ha), especially when it comes to media content. Merlin's right, though...but as a computer engineer, I know precisely the effect longer bit operations have on performance. But there's a limit depending on what the card can do. Simply put, I'm not so sure the advantages are all that great. You have to rely on developers and even then, longer shader operations still require more power. The advantage to shaders that can work fine with less is there, not nil, though; you can combine shader operations which will certainly give nVidia an edge. Likewise, more complex shaders can be utilized when there's unlimited length. So that's definitely a mark in nVidia's column, but I have my doubts. Games have barely utilized what we have now, it seems like how it's going is more similar to AGP 8x vs. AGP 4x. ATi has made a good move with only majority support since I don't see it being a major factor until cards are even more powerful.

whether or not it will be utilized now, it will be utilized heavily down the line, and software can't be developed until the hardware support is in place, so the sooner PS 3.0 hardware becomes commonplace, the better it is for all.

I enjoyed reading your little personal duel creed and number69, despite how sad it was.:p

So what does it matter if PS 3.0 is good or bad, they'll keep improving it for each generation just as all these new techs and both ATi and Nvidia will have it so what's the point argueing about it, allow the game developers their freedom of creating marvelous stories and settings with these new tools instead. Just my 50 cent tho.

He keeps going, amazing.

I don't care if the conversation goes into other areas.

I care when somebody craps in my thread and trolls after me because he's bent over a list of games that use PS3.0 and uses it as an excuse to hijack my thread for his own agenda.
THe 6800Ultra supports PS3.0, get on with life. It's just a video card. If any brand card supported PS3.0 right now my list still would have went up.

Anyway I personally want to see if there's any real world visual difference between PS2.0 and 3.0. Speculation is fun but we won't know until somebody does some real tests. Maybe Brent will do something down the road and we can see for ourselves.

As for the games, since I do like EA sports I'll be picking up Tiger Woods 2005 and Madden 2005.

Splinter Cell X should be worth checking out and I have Far Cry already.

I have to check out the others and see how they are.

I went to the Vampire: Bloodlines site and that game actually looks pretty cool it uses Valve's source technology the same thing that is used in Half Life 2.

Originally posted by number69
He keeps going, amazing.

I don't care if the conversation goes into other areas.

I care when somebody craps in my thread and trolls after me because he's bent over a list of games that use PS3.0 and uses it as an excuse to hijack my thread for his own agenda.
THe 6800Ultra supports PS3.0, get on with life. It's just a video card. If any brand card supported PS3.0 right now my list still would have went up.

Anyway I personally want to see if there's any real world visual difference between PS2.0 and 3.0. Speculation is fun but we won't know until somebody does some real tests. Maybe Brent will do something down the road and we can see for ourselves.

As for the games, since I do like EA sports I'll be picking up Tiger Woods 2005 and Madden 2005.

Splinter Cell X should be worth checking out and I have Far Cry already.

I have to check out the others and see how they are.

I went to the Vampire: Bloodlines site and that game actually looks pretty cool it uses Valve's source technology the same thing that is used in Half Life 2.

I posted this:

So far there has been no evidence showing that we will notice a difference between ps2.0 and 3.0. There should be plenty by now, don't you think? I will wait until all cards are on the table. I am not buying a video card because of the nvidia logo in a game. AND... I am not going to buy a video card because of ps3.0 until I see a noticeable difference between the 2. And from what game developers are saying, the game will look the same.

Then you post this in the same thread asking about what the difference is:

I'm talking about the information about ATI's new card and what it will support.

Then when it's something that you don't want to hear you post this:

Point is all I wanted to do was list a bunch of games that will support PS3.0, not debate what ATI will and will not support.

Man, you have got to make up your mind. Are you on medication or something? If you are trully special, I'll leave you alone. I don't like to pick on people, but fuck man, use your head. Better yet, just read the thread. You are done. Face it and go on to something else. This is ridiculous. I starting to feel dumb for even arguing with you and thinking I should ignore your ass like everyone else.

This whole role reversal is really funny. The ATI camp is going to downplay PS3.0. The NVIDIA camp is going to hype PS2.0. You can reverse ATI and NVIDIA, change a 2 into a 3, and you have the same situation from about a year ago. Personally, I would rather have it than not have it.

Originally posted by obs
This whole role reversal is really funny. The ATI camp is going to downplay PS3.0. The NVIDIA camp is going to hype PS2.0. You can reverse ATI and NVIDIA, change a 2 into a 3, and you have the same situation from about a year ago. Personally, I would rather have it than not have it.

I agree 100%, I'd like everything that I can get for my hardearned cash. If it was close for speed and IQ, I would definately let this be my deciding factor. But what will be an even bigger factor would be all of the Game Developers going with Nvidia, I think it the future we are going to get forced to the "twimtbp" campaign. Since so many are in bed with Nvidia. It only seems logical that bug fixes and such will get done faster.
Most bugs need the same cooperation on each side to find a solution.

It almost seems as the 6800u has won without the 420 even coming out.

What I really like about this thread is how everyone is speculating about PS3.0 games even though NO ONE can download and use it today (other than developers and people with the SDK. I can't even find an expected release date anywhere. What if we don't see DX9.0c for a good nine-twelve months? What real use is this feature if this generation cards will be going out the door in favor of the next generation?

I don't know if most of you guys realize it took nearly two years for fully compliant PS2.0 games to materialize.

Let the Nvidia marketing machine roll on!!!!!!

dx 9.0c is already in the hands of industry people, we will probably get it before the 6800 ultra hits store shelves, plus we will be able to play far cry with ps 3.0 as soon as we get the card, dx 9.0c and a patch to fix the partial precision problems.

Originally posted by Merlin45
dx 9.0c is already in the hands of industry people, we will probably get it before the 6800 ultra hits store shelves, plus we will be able to play far cry with ps 3.0 as soon as we get the card, dx 9.0c and a patch to fix the partial precision problems.

Find a link to a website giving an ETA and I will believe it. I was reading on the MS forums and they won't even finish it "until there is sufficiant hardware to support the features".

edit: I got off my lazy ars to show you what I read directly from MS

Thanks for highlighting this Rich, apologies it's taken a few days to
get back to you.

I can understand how this could be confusing, particularly as a number
of web sites have taken a posting leaked from the beta forums as the
plan of record... Let me explain the method we use to set the version
numbers of the runtime and where we're heading:

Our versions of the runtime have the following form:
Major.Minor.Letter
ie. DirectX 9 . 0 b

The Major changes for significant runtime changes, e.g. fundamental
architectural changes and API rewrites.
The Minor changes for large feature additions, e.g. the addition of 1.2,
1.3 and 1.4 shader models to 8.1 from 8.0
The Letter changes for feature enablement already exposed in API, bug
fixes, performance updates, etc.

Also, stop thinking of the runtime and the SDK as one thing, ie. the
runtime shipped in "DirectX SDK Update (Summer 2003)" is 9.0b. This was
the latest released runtime (ie. you could get this runtime, including
the developer runtime, publically whilst the SDK was still in beta).
This enables us to release the SDK on a significantly more frequent
basis than runtime changes; indeed this is a current thought as it gives
us a lot more flexibility to respond you're your needs. We are still
trying to find a reasonable (hopefully shorter ;)) naming convention for
the SDK.

Some of the confusion may be due to us shipping support for 3.0 shader
models in the DirectX 9 runtime. This was specifically to reduce the
amount of churn in the API. When some 3.0 hardware is produced we'll
evaluate how close the API fits the hardware (there's always some
tuning), and we may need to release an update - but remember the
definitions, this would most likely be a "letter" change runtime
release, not a "minor".

There is no DirectX 9.1 or DirectX 9.2 external release, nor are they
currently planned. We will remove any internal-only project names that
have slipped into the documentation and tools to help avoid potential
confusion in the future.

I hope this clarifies and if anyone needs further explanation please let
me know directly.

Cheers, Mike

Just to add like in another thread.. NVidia does not seem to be using standard DirectX calls for specialized lighting (Spot, AF, or Phong lighting) Which I'm not totally sure, but i think its vertex 2.0 that they are classified under.

Instead, Nvidia seems to want to move to their own "area-specific" lighting model to hopefully improve peformance. Make no mistake, it is a proprietary way of doing it.

I'm not saying the NV30 & 40 aren't pixel and vertex shader 2.0 compliant, if you go by the guidlines they are. But the programmers are mumbling under their breath that they are just barely skimming by on lighting features.

Personally, I think the 6800 will be DX9.0c compliant, but still not 9.0 compliant. Sort of like when ATi was PVS 1.4 and 2.0 compliant, but not 1.3

Whether or not this makes a difference to end users is totally up to the software programmers. The difference can be considered negligible by some (if Microsoft thought was of any importance whatsoever, they would have at least called it DX 9.1)

I do not know about the visual enhancements of PS 3.0 but what I certainly know that it will improve the performance.

Firstly Shader length has been increased and it should help im much more complex shading, that should give us some more awesome lighting effects.

Dynamic Branching : IMO this is one of the best features as it skips the rendeing of irrelevant textures, this should help a mid range comp a lot, which does not have 1 gb of memory to store the massive outdoor textures present currently in Far Cry.

Shader Anitaliasing : I am not sure of this function, anyone can elaborate the function of this:

Back- face Register : Ditto for the same, can anyone elaborate on this function.

Interpolated Color support : This will lead to more precision range lighting at the vertex level. PS 2.0 supports only 8 bit well as this supports 32 bit. Again this can lead to more detailed lighting effects.

Fog and specular : Agian 32 bit precision supported compared to 8 bit lengths of PS 2.0. What we can see is much more complex fog computations.

Instancing support: Allows many varied objects to be drawn with only a single command. This is also a very useful feature as Hardocp tech article states : Vertex streaming is a nifty feature that can speed up the rendering of games such as RTS (Real Time Strategy) games. Say you are playing a game where you are controlling twenty workers to cut down trees and build structures. Let’s say all twenty of these creatures come onto the screen all at the same time. The video card has to draw each of these characters one by one. Now let’s say a developer has chosen to use the vertex streaming capability of the NV40. What they would do is batch all of the animations together, so that instead of drawing all of the characters one by one the video card will just draw one and copy the rest, greatly improving performance. This could really come in handy when you are controlling and moving around in a game with a large number of characters.

Also if you say that PS 2.0 will not have differnces from PS 3.0 is incorrect, as shown above. Now it is upon the game developers to incoporate the features, and Dx 9.0c should be released when the Nvidia mid range cards are released, as Microsoft is right in stating as not everyone is going to buy a 500 $ card anyways, it is the mid range product performance which will intrest the game devolpers most as that is where the games sales are.

I am not being an Nvidia fanboy here infact I havent owned a single nvidia card till now, but Nvidia has an awesome product here and they should be given the due for upping the tech standards as Brent put it: unless someone introduces a new tech it is never gonna be used,. Radeon 9700 pro was an awesome product even better then Geforce 6800 ultra innovation wise, infact if I remember correctly DX 9 was released 6 months after th introduction of the card, and I dont remember the first dx 9 game.... when it was released.

Originally posted by aces170

Instancing support: Allows many varied objects to be drawn with only a single command. This is also a very useful feature as Hardocp tech article states : Vertex streaming is a nifty feature that can speed up the rendering of games such as RTS (Real Time Strategy) games. Say you are playing a game where you are controlling twenty workers to cut down trees and build structures. Let’s say all twenty of these creatures come onto the screen all at the same time. The video card has to draw each of these characters one by one. Now let’s say a developer has chosen to use the vertex streaming capability of the NV40. What they would do is batch all of the animations together, so that instead of drawing all of the characters one by one the video card will just draw one and copy the rest, greatly improving performance. This could really come in handy when you are controlling and moving around in a game with a large number of characters.

i remember they showed this at the nvidia show, with the asteroids. he put millions of them on the screen they were all doing the same thing, just spinning. but the fps was horrible. he turned on the instancing or vertex streaming and got a good fps with it. it was pretty impressive to me.

kinda made me think about high poly games. you cant have too many high poly guys on the screen at once because youd be putting to much strain on the gpu. but say you had instancing or vetex streaming you could put alot more high poly guys on the screen at once. (think the unreal 3 engine creatures with like 30 of them on the screen).

i dunno bout you, but i like this feature :D

I posted this:

So far there has been no evidence showing that we will notice a difference between ps2.0 and 3.0. There should be plenty by now, don't you think? I will wait until all cards are on the table. I am not buying a video card because of the nvidia logo in a game. AND... I am not going to buy a video card because of ps3.0 until I see a noticeable difference between the 2. And from what game developers are saying, the game will look the same.

Then you post this in the same thread asking about what the difference is:

Then when it's something that you don't want to hear you post this:

Man, you have got to make up your mind. Are you on medication or something? If you are trully special, I'll leave you alone. I don't like to pick on people, but fuck man, use your head. Better yet, just read the thread. You are done. Face it and go on to something else. This is ridiculous. I starting to feel dumb for even arguing with you and thinking I should ignore your ass like everyone else.

Creed give it up. Are you drunk? You're prattling at this point. Put the bottle down and stop crapping on threads because you see a list of games you don't want to see.

You're not picking on me the way I see it because I don't care what you think.

Too bad the two examples you used that I responded to wasn't even in response to you. I was asking geniune questions about something we all have questions about.

If my original post was, buy these games they will use PS3.0 and you will get fantastic performance and visual enhancements because they are PS3.0 because I know what the differences will be.....then I would understand your prattling tirade.

Nice try, sober up next time before you post. :)

Let's just end the verbal ping pong match and get on with things. If you think i'm a fanboy, who cares, if I think you're an ATI fanboy who cares.

Originally posted by obs

Yep. Which is why I think certain people lean towards ATI when they go out of their way to downplay it. Why downplay something when you don't have concrete proof of the results it will have?

Nvidia fans downplayed PS2.0 before it was proven it adds visual enhancements.

If PS3.0 shows a noticable visual difference and/or speeds up calculations which leads to better FPS then great then it's better for us. If it does this has yet to be proven.

Creed give it up. Are you drunk? You're prattling at this point. Put the bottle down and stop crapping on threads because you see a list of games you don't want to see.

Too bad the two examples you used that I responded to wasn't even in response to you.

Nice try, sober up next time before you post. :)

Heh, yeah that helps you out. I'm owning your ass even when I am drunk.

Did you even notice that I owned you with your own words yet? YOU said this stupid shit. I just stated a fact, we didn't know what ps3.0 had in games yet. The same thing that 10 other people have said in this thread. So I guess everyone is taking turns in your thread and taking a shit. Even you just posted the same fucking thing that you acuse me of crapping your thread with. This thread is proof enough of what you are. Try something else.

Heh, yeah that helps you out. I'm owning your ass even when I am drunk.

Did you even notice that I owned you with your own words yet? YOU said this stupid shit. I just stated a fact, we didn't know what ps3.0 had in games yet. The same thing that 10 other people have said in this thread. So I guess everyone is taking turns in your thread and taking a shit. Even you just posted the same fucking thing that you acuse me of crapping your thread with. This thread is proof enough of what you are. Try something else.

WTF are you talking about? Are you still drunk? Owned me in what way? I list a bunch of games. You jump in twisting the thread into a POS. Crazyspike offers up some speculation among others in which I ask him about? Who the hell is owning who? I'm getting on you because it's obvious at this point you're trolling after me. Not anybody else.

Show me where in my original post where I said what the differences are between PS2.0 and 3.0. You can't. It's just a list.

Show the statement I made about knowing the differences that led you onto your verbose infantile barage of rambling about a topic in my thread that I never brought up, but other people did.

In fact show me anywhere in this thread where anybody knows beyond a doubt for a fact what the guaranteed results will be from the differences between PS2.0 and 3.0. You can't.

Simple as this I never said what the difference is between PS2.0 and 3.0..

The two stunning examples you use are just questions that I asked, because crazyspike seemed like he might know something. I ask a question and i'm owned? LOL. I guess everybody in this forum is owned then. :rolleyes:

People don't ask any question about anything from somebody who might know something because you will be considered "owned".

Creed, if you know for a fact what the differences and the absolute results achieved by the differences please fill us in so we can all learn something.

Either way it doesn't change the list of games.

You're reaching up to touch bottom.

haha thats sig worthy, but im too lazy.
:cool:

i love it.

This is stunning BadBoy isn't it? I'm sitting here honestly laughing my nuts off with this.

How do you get through life when a list of games annoys you and sets you off?

:p

What people have to understand is that the one main difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is the number of instructions you can use. IT reallly has very little to do with visual capability or the effects themselves. As either can create the EXACT same effects.

The cores nowadays are programmable (Hence the term programmable pixel and vertex shader) meaning you can create any effect you want, if you want to create a shader so that it plays the game in black and white you can, if you want to do it so the entire game looks like you are playing in the movie TheMatrix, you can, if you want every explosion to explode ketchup instead of fire, you can.

Now all of that takes instructions to do, and 3.0 does allow for much deeper instructions (thousands+), so you can add more effects to the screen at one time. I'm not too sure but I think the 9800 is limited to 64,000 pixel and 64 vertex ( someone look it up for me )

What people tend to reference is that 3.0 can look better when you start going out of the bounds of 2.0 (ran out of programmable instructions) but really, noone has come close to using more than 64 on one screen at one time.

well in ps 2.0 you can have unlimited length by doing multiple passes, but that is a huge performance hit, doing a shader of that nature in one pass in ps 3.0 will be a great performance boost, but in both cases there really isn't hardware to handle that complex of a shader, yes it will run better in ps 3.0, but it still will probably run like ass on current hardware.

This is stunning BadBoy isn't it? I'm sitting here honestly laughing my nuts off with this.

How do you get through life when a list of games annoys you and sets you off?

:p

You tried to troll and got busted. Give it up, it's evident.

Your beef with me was because I said that there was no proof that ps3.0 was any advantage. And to you that crapped your thread. You go on to cry that you didn't want to talk about the advantages of ps3.0, just talk about the list. Then you inquire in the same thread about wanting proof of what Ati supports and what it doesn't.

You sir got owned. It was easy too.

You tried to troll and got busted. Give it up, it's evident.

:rolleyes:

Feeling is mutual.

You're a fanbody who got pissed over a list of games and trolled.

Nobody talk about PS3.0 games in the future here please, it will insult and annoy Creed.

Ciao.

The end.

Originally posted by Merlin45
If you must continue this, please us the PM system for it.

I'm done Merlin. NP. I did take the high road and sent Creed a PM about an hour ago asking him if we can stop since we are getting nowhere.

It said

"?
How about we end this battle and call it a day? The way I see it we're getting nowhere.

Take it easy"

But he'll take the low road again and get the last word in and call me a name or something.

:rolleyes:

Feeling is mutual.

You're a fanbody who got pissed over a list of games and trolled.

Nobody talk about PS3.0 games in the future here please, it will insult and annoy Creed.

Ciao.

The end.

Trolls annoy me. But hopefully this lesson will keep you from doing it again.

number69 wrote on 04-18-2004 11:59 AM:
How about we end this battle and call it a day? The way I see it we're getting nowhere.

Take it easy.

Here's the pm. I believe my work's done here.

It's been a pleasure. See ya next time!

True enough, there are some 3.0 effects that can be done in one pass that would take two passes to do on 2.0 I would wager to say that the new water effects that Nvidia is showcasing would be classified as that.

They are quite rare though, and I'd rather see Nvidia working on programmable lights and lighting quality, then worrying about water at the moment.

number69 wrote on 04-18-2004 01:18 PM:
It was fun destroying you on the forum. Look foward to making you look silly in the future.

;)

lol

Here's another pm from the little troll. Thanks, number, you just proved my point of you just being a fanboy troll.

creedAMD, just hush on this one man. no body said anything about ps2.0 vs 3.0 until you posted. and seeing from the title and the first post, he was just stating the games coming in ps3.0 form. no need to make a debate over a simple statement of a list of games.

thats like if i made a list of dx8.1 games and you post on the difference of 8.0 vs 8.1. its just not needed.

no offence, but hopefully a mod just locks this thread for the better.

creedAMD, just hush on this one man. no body said anything about ps2.0 vs 3.0 until you posted. and seeing from the title and the first post, he was just stating the games coming in ps3.0 form. no need to make a debate over a simple statement of a list of games.

thats like if i made a list of dx8.1 games and you post on the difference of 8.0 vs 8.1. its just not needed.

no offence, but hopefully a mod just locks this thread for the better.

That's what the beauty is Bad Boy, I was just the first one to point it out. Many others including the thread starter have pointed it out since. Don't hate me because I'm fast. He made a list of games that support ps3.0 not even knowing what the hell ps3.0 was.

I hope this thread stays open. It helps the spread of FUD.

That's what the beauty is Bad Boy, I was just the first one to point it out. Many others including the thread starter have pointed it out since. Don't hate me because I'm fast. He made a list of games that support ps3.0 not even knowing what the hell ps3.0 was.

but the thing is, they probally wouldnt have said a damn thing about it if you didnt bring it up in the first place.

Here is an example of ps1.x and ps3.0 I know its not 2.0 vs. 3.0, and I know Its not the same thing. But it is something to look at and go ahh I see there is a diffrence.

http://www.pcper.com/index.php#NewsID145

I would love to see the diffrence of the 2.0 vs 3.0 but cannot find it anywhere... Has anyone found any examples???

Originally posted by LeftSide
Here is an example of ps1.x and ps3.0 I know its not 2.0 vs. 3.0, and I know Its not the same thing. But it is something to look at and go ahh I see there is a diffrence.

http://www.pcper.com/index.php#NewsID145

I would love to see the diffrence of the 2.0 vs 3.0 but cannot find it anywhere... Has anyone found any examples???
old. very.

and just to let you know sm3.0 isnt all about visuals.

Here's another pm from the little troll. Thanks, number, you just proved my point of you just being a fanboy troll.

Doesn't prove anything, you wish it did. Just proves that you're a troll who got ate up and spit out and I wanted to point that out in my PM.

You don't know what the differences are going to be either.

I copied the list from a thread on another forum and shared it here.

Grow up move on with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back