List of PS3.0 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it was in the presentation at the show...
theres also more than on the list, the speaker of the show just said he couldnt display the other names becuase they were un-announced games and had to be kept secret.

I saw a link in some thread here to the clip of the Nvidia presentation but didn't watch it. You have that link?

mms://wm.on24.com/media/news/corporatevideo/events/6094/1_wmmulti.asf
its like 150 mb of badquality video, but the sound is good and you can makeout alot of things. its the complete presentation from start to finish

So far there has been no evidence showing that we will notice a difference between ps2.0 and 3.0. There should be plenty by now, don't you think? I will wait until all cards are on the table. I am not buying a video card because of the nvidia logo in a game. AND... I am not going to buy a video card because of ps3.0 until I see a noticeable difference between the 2. And from what game developers are saying, the game will look the same.

I see no evidence that there isn't a difference.

I don't recall seeing anything showing the difference between PS2.0 and 1.4 immediately after the 9700Pro's launch either.

In fact I agree with what you said the other day, I don't even see many games supporting PS2.0 a year and a half after the launch of the 9700Pro. There should have been alot more by now? Don't ya think?

We'll have to wait and see. Creed, the more you post the more you look bitter.

We all know how you stand about this Creed, but you can repeat yourself 18 more times that you're not buying anything until ATI's new card comes out. That's good, we got the point.

Originally posted by number69
I see no evidence that there isn't a difference. We'll have to wait and see. Creed, the more you post the more you look like an ATI fanboy who's just bitter.

I am going to buy whatever card is the best. I don't care if it has the name Ati or Nvidia on it. If the Ati card wasn't right around the corner, I'd be standing in line for a 6800u, . It's called being smart and sceptical of marketing bullshit. You don't have to eat everything that Ati or Nvidia feeds you.

edit: I see that you edited your post, and edited mine to show respect.

Originally posted by creedAMD
I am going to buy whatever card is the best. I don't care if it has the name Ati or Nvidia on it. If the Ati card wasn't right around the corner, I'd be standing in line for a 6800u, . It's called being smart and sceptical of marketing bullshit. You don't have to eat everything that Ati or Nvidia feeds you.

edit: I see that you edited your post, and edited mine to show respect.

I edited it again, I retracted my fanboy remark, don't want to start a bunch of shit.

Anyway, i'm just posting information i'm finding about the 6800ultra. I'm not telling everybody to go out and buy one. Should we give out no information about the NV40 until the ATI card comes out? Why this is getting to you and you feel the need to preach to people like they're a bunch of morons is beyond me. People can decide for themselves.

We all know how you stand about this Creed, but you can repeat yourself 18 more times that you're not buying anything until ATI's new card comes out. That's good, we got the point.

Then why call a me a fanboy? Before these 3 in my sig, I have had a:

voodoo1
voodoo2
voodoo3
voodoo4
gf2mx
gf3
ti4200
ti4400
ati 8500

does that look like I have been a fan of any company? Why? Because being a fan makes you out to be an idiot to the company that gets your money and the community that points and laughs at you. Buy smart for features and performance, not brand names, this isn't clothes ffs.

So when is DX9.0c released so we can actually use PS3.0? What everyone is failing to realize is without it, PS3.0 won't work. I can find nothing on MS's website giving a release date.

I see no evidence that there isn't a difference.

I don't recall seeing anything showing the difference between PS2.0 and 1.4 immediately after the 9700Pro's launch either.

When speaking with a few buddies of mine who are more knowledgable about this stuff, I was told that there is little that can be done with with PS3.0 that cannot be done with PS2.0. They expected that the big difference would be efficiency of some fuctions and mentioned that most of the "PS3.0" stuff coming out is simply ported from PS2.0 and would look the same unless the devs conciously tried to make a difference between the two versions.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing along the conversation. :p

If there was no difference between PS2.0 and 3.0, why did MS make the spec for it? There's going to be a difference and it's going to be better. Whether it is speed, precision, IQ, or something else, there will be an advantage. What it is exactly I don't know.

Then why call a me a fanboy? Before these 3 in my sig, I have had a:

voodoo1
voodoo2
voodoo3
voodoo4
gf2mx
gf3
ti4200
ti4400
ati 8500

does that look like I have been a fan of any company? Why? Because being a fan makes you out to be an idiot to the company that gets your money and the community that points and laughs at you. Buy smart for features and performance, not brand names, this isn't clothes ffs.

That's good. I have owned both ATI and Nvidia cards as well and currently own cards from each company. Again you repeat yourself about not buying something because of the card brand................we know. Did I once post that i'm running out to buy a 6800Ultra since the reviews came out? no. People can decide what they want by themselves. People are excited by the card and want to talk about it's features, let them be.

Anyway, i'm just posting information i'm finding about the 6800ultra. I'm not telling everybody to go out and buy one. Should we give out no information about the NV40 until the ATI card comes out? Why this is getting to you and you feel the need to preach to people like they're a bunch of morons is beyond me. People can decide for themselves.

I just hate to see people jump on the bandwagon before all of facts are in.

It would be like you starting a thread "these games are twimtbp" by nvidia.

I would shoot it down because most twimtb titles currently run faster on Ati hardware.

But I would do the same vice versa. When HL2 comes out and someone says "HL2 runs the best on Ati hardware" and it's obvious that it's not fact. I will shoot it down.

Bottomline. I am not saying wait until the Ati card comes out, but damn, see if there is any difference before pimping 3.0, you may end up with egg on your face like a few others around here.

As I mentioned, these folks thought the big thing was efficiency for some functions. I wonder if they meant running efficiency, writing efficiency, or both?

Originally posted by obs
What it is exactly I don't know.

My point, we all don't know currently, only thing we have are some misleading (hmmm....) screenshots.

That's good. I have owned both ATI and Nvidia cards as well and currently own cards from each company. Again you repeat yourself about not buying something because of the card brand................we know. Did I once post that i'm running out to buy a 6800Ultra since the reviews came out? no. People can decide what they want by themselves. People are excited by the card and want to talk about it's features, let them be.

The repeating is because you called me a fanboy. Then you say that you've seen me post that I will get the other card 18 other times. Which one is it? Or are you one of the types that use the term fanboy to try to discredit someone who doesn't shine light on your "product of choice"?

The repeating is because you called me a fanboy. Then you say that you've seen me post that I will get the other card 18 other times. Which one is it? Or are you one of the types that use the term fanboy to try to discredit someone who doesn't shine light on your "product of choice"?

Don't purposly misconstrue what I said in order to have a point.

I said you have repeated yourself 18 times that you would not buy anything until the new ATI card comes out. Meaning you want to see what ATI has to offer first then you will decide. Which you have said several times in almost every single post about the 6800Ultra. Like I said we all know you are waiting to decide.

Or are you one of those types that try to shove your way of thinking down people's throats when they are excited over a product that's not your product of choice?

And I called you a fanboy because you seem bitter overall about the 6800Ultra, you seem poised and ready to shit over any enthusiasm about the card. We all know ATI's card is coming, doesn't mean people can't discuss this one and be excited over it.

Don't purposly misconstrue what I said in order to have a point.

I said you have repeated yourself 18 times that you would not buy anything until the new ATI card comes out. Meaning you want to see what ATI has to offer first then you will decide. Which you have said several times in almost every single post about the 6800Ultra. Like I said we all know you are waiting to decide.

Or are you one of those types that try to shove your way of thinking down people's throats when they are excited over a product that's not your product of choice?

1) I proved that I wasn't a fanboy by using your own words.

2) You made a thread about pimping games using ps3.0 before even knowing what the benefits are, and I am the one shoving shit down peoples throat? come on number69, you can do better than this. You're actually proving that you are the fanboy that I am not without me even having to do it myself. LoL.!

And I called you a fanboy because you seem bitter overall about the 6800Ultra, you seem poised and ready to shit over any enthusiasm about the card. We all know ATI's card is coming, doesn't mean people can't discuss this one and be excited over it.

Since you edited, I will respond to this separately.

Bitter? No. But hell for $500 I want to know what I am getting. If it comes to be a close race between the 2 top cards, ps3.0 will be the straw that breaks the camels back. If Ati's card is slightly faster and there are no visual or speed advantage, that means it's another "twimtbp" scandal. And people should not get tricked into it. But I hope there is a difference between the 2, I want the best for my money, as everyone does.

Originally posted by LabRat
When speaking with a few buddies of mine who are more knowledgable about this stuff, I was told that there is little that can be done with with PS3.0 that cannot be done with PS2.0. They expected that the big difference would be efficiency of some fuctions and mentioned that most of the "PS3.0" stuff coming out is simply ported from PS2.0 and would look the same unless the devs conciously tried to make a difference between the two versions.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing along the conversation. :p

Yeah i agree
From what I have read as well SM3 mostly makes the writing of PS2 easier and more efficient. For example SM3 allows you to use loops and breaks.

1) I proved that I wasn't a fanboy by using your own words.

2) You made a thread about pimping games using ps3.0 before even knowing what the benefits are, and I am the one shoving shit down peoples throat? come on number69, you can do better than this. You're actually proving that you are the fanboy that I am not without me even having to do it myself. LoL.!

King Last Word,

1. Whatever makes you think that is beyond me. But if it brings a sense of closure to your mind because you think you one upped me than so be it.

2. Pimping? Pimping would be "you must buy these games because they utilize PS3.0". I just listed games that will be using PS3.0. Just the fact you used the word pimping leads me to believe you're annoyed that a list of future PS3.0 games even exist. Gee why is that? And anybody who posts something about the 6800ultra is pimping it or is a fanboy. Gee why is that?

3. By you jumping into every single 6800Ultra thread and attempting to piss on it under the guise of "being a level headed video card buyer" doesn't work anymore.

4. The fact that you've went back and forth with several people in almost every 6800ultra thread is interesting.

5. Some can say you're pimping ATI's new card before we even know the benefits of it.

6. You can think i'm a fanboy all you want I really don't care, now you're basically trying to do to me what you accused me of trying to do to you.

I'm done with this. Have your last word now and you can point out I edited, who cares.

King Last Word,

1. Whatever makes you think that is beyond me. But if it brings a sense of closure to your mind because you think you one upped me than so be it.

2. Pimping? Pimping would be "you must buy these games because they utilize PS3.0". I just listed games that will be using PS3.0. Just the fact you used the word pimping leads me to believe you're annoyed that a list of future PS3.0 games even exist. Gee why is that? And anybody who posts something about the 6800ultra is pimping it or is a fanboy. Gee why is that?

3. By you jumping into every single 6800Ultra thread and attempting to piss on it under the guise of "being a level headed video card buyer" doesn't work anymore.

4. The fact that you've went back and forth with several people in almost every 6800ultra thread is interesting.

I see that you are beyond my help. Try seeking professional assistance as soon as possible. The proof is in the pudding. Accept it.

Reread this (your) thread, realize your mistakes. Be more prepared next time. They may not be as nice.

6. You can think i'm a fanboy all you want I really don't care, now you're basically trying to do to me what you accused me of trying to do to you.

I'm done with this. Have your last word now and you can point out I edited, who cares.

Since you edited:

6.) your posts reflect who you are. I don't give a shit if you are a fanboy, to each's own. I have a certain opinion about fanboys as do many here. But that's your choice in life.

I will leave you with these words:

When you point a finger at someone there are 3 pointing right back at you.

I see that you are beyond my help. Try seeking professional assistance as soon as possible. The proof is in the pudding. Accept it.

Reread this (your) thread, realize your mistakes. Be more prepared next time. They may not be as nice.

Translation= I don't how to respond accordingly to your posts so I will lower myself to personal insults. I will also pretend that everything you posted made absolutely no sense and is full of mistakes so therefore I can get myself out of this as quickly as I can. End translation

There are no mistakes, only mistakes here is that you think you're a intellectual marvel of mammoth proportions.

Give it up Creed.

:D

Translation= I don't how to respond accordingly to your posts so I will lower myself to personal insults. I will also pretend that everything you posted made absolutely no sense and is full of mistakes so therefore I can get myself out of this as quickly as I can. End translation

There are no mistakes, only mistakes here is that you think you're a intellectual marvel of mammoth proportions.

Give it up Creed.

:D

Oh... you got me, I should've realized you were just a trolling fanboy. I actually thought you were wanting to discuss something on a message board. You got me this time you rascal!!
I'm keeping an eye on you though. You're a smart one!!

Oh... you got me, I should've realized you were just a trolling fanboy. I actually thought you were wanting to discuss something on a message board. You got me this time you rascal!!
I'm keeping an eye on you though. You're a smart one!!

Keep going Creed with the personal shots. Very whitty :p

Listen ill say this for you guys who keep posting about PS3.0:

These are the simplest possible explanations I can possibly give.
1.SM3.0, consists of PS3.0 and VS3.0
2.PS3.0 consists of various PERFORMANCE enhancements (none of which we have seen the benefit of yet so we dont know how good they are)
3.VS3.0 consists of mainly GRAPHICAL Enhancements and better ways of doing things to create better effects.

SM3.0 will not work without DirectX 9.0c which has just been altered by microsoft to accept Partial PS3.0 and FULL VS3.0, something which was not earlier possible, this was as far as we know done at the request of ATI.

This equates to R420 having PARTIAL PS3.0 and FULL VS3.0 but because of the few features missing from PS3.0 they cannot gain the credence of full SM3.0, this is the best knowledge we have at the moment and still nothing is certain until ATI release there hardware but no one has been able to find any other explanation for why microsoft would rewrite DX9.0c at ATI's request to use these features in this way, this is a good reason why evryone is convinced ATI will not adopt FULL SM3.0.

So if ATI use full VS3.0 (Graphics) and the majority of features from PS3.0 (Performance) then they will be able to do everything Nvidia's 6800U can do picture perfect with just a little bit less performance, so all these SM3.0 games everyone is advertising are inadvertently advertising them for future ATI users too as there will be no viewable difference between any of them, the only thing we can expect is a drop in performance and that is not yet gauranteed as we havent seen a SM3.0 game run on both cards.

IF and this is a big damn IF The rumours sprouting everywhere are that ATI has gone with 600MHZ core and 600 MHZ GDDR3 memory for the XT then it is possible ATI can ofset the performance drop in PS3.0.

Good post crazy. Thanks for clearing things up a bit for me.

Now to wait for r420/nv40 comparisons.

Keep going Creed with the personal shots. Very whitty :p

you just aren't going to stop until I'm crying, you got me, now go on to someone else. I'm too easy.

Originally posted by crazyspike
Listen ill say this for you guys who keep posting about PS3.0:

These are the simplest possible explanations I can possibly give.
1.SM3.0, consists of PS3.0 and VS3.0
2.PS3.0 consists of various PERFORMANCE enhancements (none of which we have seen the benefit of yet so we dont know how good they are)
3.VS3.0 consists of mainly GRAPHICAL Enhancements and better ways of doing things to create better effects.

SM3.0 will not work without DirectX 9.0c which has just been altered by microsoft to accept Partial PS3.0 and FULL VS3.0, something which was not earlier possible, this was as far as we know done at the request of ATI.

This equates to R420 having PARTIAL PS3.0 and FULL VS3.0 but because of the few features missing from PS3.0 they cannot gain the credence of full SM3.0, this is the best knowledge we have at the moment and still nothing is certain until ATI release there hardware but no one has been able to find any other explanation for why microsoft would rewrite DX9.0c at ATI's request to use these features in this way, this is a good reason why evryone is convinced ATI will not adopt FULL SM3.0.

So if ATI use full VS3.0 (Graphics) and the majority of features from PS3.0 (Performance) then they will be able to do everything Nvidia's 6800U can do picture perfect with just a little bit less performance, so all these SM3.0 games everyone is advertising are inadvertently advertising them for future ATI users too as there will be no viewable difference between any of them, the only thing we can expect is a drop in performance and that is not yet gauranteed as we havent seen a SM3.0 game run on both cards.

IF and this is a big damn IF The rumours sprouting everywhere are that ATI has gone with 600MHZ core and 600 MHZ GDDR3 memory for the XT then it is possible ATI can ofset the performance drop in PS3.0.

psst.. here's one number69, get him. He'll never see you coming. Call him a fanboy first, that gets the target in a frenzy, when he's not looking, dazzle him with your fancy intellect, this will make it easier for the kill.

Originally posted by DaveX
http://www.pcper.com/index.php#NewsID145

Both nVidia and ATI will get some nice graphical enhancements.

Look below the shots for an update on those shots. Ati and Nvidia already look similar to that currently. The other shots were of ps1.1.

To really see the difference we need to see the 6800 with the ps3.0 enabled, then ps2.0.

Originally posted by DaveX
Oops, my bad. Sorry :(

No problem, it tricked a lot of people, at first they were being labled as ps2.0 and ps3.0. I personally don't think it was a mistake. It made alot of people wonder "how in the world did I get by in life without ps3.0?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back