LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

@mortadelo
really interesting idea! i would like to see that in actual picture soon!
but just wondering those are windows or just empty holes?
myV350_5.jpg

GPU side will be just a window (smoked plexi)
CPU side will be part mesh for intake and part window with a bit of mesh for intake so the CPU fan gets some air. The optical bays hole will be smaller to hide the LCD's frame.

I've already marked out the aluminum and will probably cut it tomorrow.
My main problem right now is the new fan frame. Still trying to figure out how to hold it in place.

this case should have really had an option for a window

Also, airflow is pretty bad :mad:

well i woulda had mine done tonight but my apogee drive decided to piss all over the motherboard while the system was running, fortunately i see no hardware damage (everything seems to be working fine) but the pump is having an issue between the mcp355 and the LGA775 mounting plate.

@mortadelo
tinted windows too eh? looks like a sweet ride to me!
hope u will soon finish the modding! and show us the great work!

Also, airflow is pretty bad :mad:

I think airflow in the lower 3/4 of the case is just fine; the front fans are adequate to me.
I do agree, however, that the HD area needs to be revised with some sort of active cooling because I can't get a fan to fit up there (blade clearance) with my regular SATA cables. Maybe it requires right angle SATA cables or something, but certainly regular ones don't work unless I smash/bend the crap out of them and I'm not comfortable doing that.

And my 750gig 7200.10 Seagate runs hotter than hell. I believe HD Tune reported 53c while doing an error scan and that was in my V1000 with active cooling. Now with it in my V350 and no fan it's probably closer to 60c when the disk is being read. :eek:

I think airflow in the lower 3/4 of the case is just fine; the front fans are adequate to me.
I do agree, however, that the HD area needs to be revised with some sort of active cooling because I can't get a fan to fit up there (blade clearance) with my regular SATA cables. Maybe it requires right angle SATA cables or something, but certainly regular ones don't work unless I smash/bend the crap out of them and I'm not comfortable doing that.

And my 750gig 7200.10 Seagate runs hotter than hell. I believe HD Tune reported 53c while doing an error scan and that was in my V1000 with active cooling. Now with it in my V350 and no fan it's probably closer to 60c when the disk is being read. :eek:

There could be some small changes that would make a huge difference. First, there should be a way to flip the hard drives the opposite way so the cables don't interfere with the fan air flow. You can technically do it the way it is, but there is no room for sata/power cables. On the other hand, right-angle cables may work that way but you'd need to possibly cut some metal to get some access.

Too bad we can't just make our own SFF :p

little paintjob for the mb tray and dvd cage. have to do two more layers tomorrow and the inner side of the dvd cage...

omg Tremeloes!
how exactly did u paint the inner case? cuz that is exactly what i wanted to do to my V350 as well
been weeks already... still back ordering =(
btw very nice job and pics! ;)

Okay, so I picked up a cube and a snazzy (Lian Li) blu-ray compatible optical cover to go with it. I would have figured that Lian Li engineers would have worked the V-350 so that it accepted their own add-ons, but nobody's perfect.

Could anyone who's modded this sucker to fit the case post some details about the operation/fixation?

I just bought a v350, its so nice :)
and a q6600, what HSF would be the better choice, c12p or u9b? also I have a 520 corsair modular, and p5e-vm( first matx) if that helps, and if I get the c12p should the fan be blowing up or down? and with the u9b should both fans be exhausting toward the back of the case? :confused:

still figuring that is it possible to use the original back plate and swap the HDD cage with the PSU
personally i m not gonna use the HDD cage
i really do not have the skill that Tremeloes has so i would like some lazy ppl way to swap the place lol

is it better for a cpu fan to blow up or down in this case? corsair modular 520w and noctua c12p

@rEVjon
very clean build!
i really like it!!!
hope when my case arrive... i can keep it as clean as u can too :p

@KeymaN

thanks

still in progress, need some cooling stuff for the proc and video card. I need also a good 80-92mm fans for exhaust. I wish I could buy MFP51 for VFD :)

before I forget, I need to sleeve my cables

@rEVjon

so i m guessing u r using the stock cooler atm?
is that the normal intel stock cooler or the intel low profile stock cooler?
and i m interested in what CPU cooler u r going to use
btw this is just my personal opinion and what i m going to do...
i m also going to sleeve my cables... but i would suggest that for the power switch and reset switch and etc... i perfer not using the Q-connector instead... it just looks better and even compare to other USB and other stuff ;)

@KeymaN

im still using the stock low profile cooler from intel. it came with my e5200.
im getting scythe mini ninja but some guys told me that zalman 9500at would fit.
i hope my sleeve kit would arrive this week, nice idea with the q-connector, i might do that

Wheres the best place to order a nice sleeve kit? I want a black one for my corsair 520 modular

Wow nice kit, the murderMod MDPC-X Sociopack should be enough for what i need right? do i need any tools also to put it on?

like Tremeloes says...
sleeving the corsair PSU is gonna be real painful...
i m still thinking about should i sleeve the PSU as well...
but probably not...
and for the murdermod stuff... they are nice... but they gonna cost some more money @_@
i guess i will sleeve other stuff first...
when i have extra money and time... i MIGHT consider sleeving the PSU ( but the chance is not as high lol )

AND OMG!!! FREAKING CASE STILL NOT ARRIVE... MOST OF MY STUFF ARE HERE @_@!!!

and for the murdermod stuff... they are nice... but they gonna cost some more money

hmm, don´t think so. we had a big discussion in a german board about quality and prices of diffrent kinds of sleeve. in germany the mdpc-x sleeve is the best you can get in quality and price if you want to sleeve many things like psu and some case wires. we compared the mdpc-x package with techflex for example. techflex was some €♥more expensive with less quality. ;)

damn - that discussion reminds me that i still have to sleeve my own psu... :D

I have a couple of questions about this case:

1) I saw a few post about making a new backplate to mount a 92mm fan in the 80mm fan position:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033206212&postcount=257
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033399976&postcount=359
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033400711&postcount=361

Can you not just modify/dremel the original one? Thanks!

2) Has anyone tried a negative pressure setup with the case to see how it effects cooling? That is, to set up the front 2 fans as exhausts blowing out. I am not sure if this would help at all as all the fans in the case would just be working against each other.

You did cutting and splicing and all?

Sure. It's just an matter of making sure the pieces for each section is cut to the right length before shrinking (obviously). It's a chore, no doubt about it. But if you have some time to set aside to do it, it looks cool. The worst ones I can recall are the SATA leads. Anything with multiple connectors are awful, lol. I also hate doing the 24-pin. Ugh.

me too...i need extra screws....where can we buy the screws?
thanks

Talking about the screws... I m using the hand screw for the side panel, it is the same like the screws V350 using for the removable tray. But I can only get the silver one, so what I need to do is to paint them into black, think about it.:D

Back