LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

final dxf...

finalpp3.jpg

:D

I was trying to get an idea of you load temps with the side panel off..my guess is you'll be in the 50-55 degree range under load. I just ordered two 70mm fans for the back of the case and I'm going to cut two 2.5 inch holes where my three 40mm fans are currently. I think that will keep that part of the case vented appropriately. I might have to file the fan casing down just a little to make them fit though, but it'll be worth it.

Highest core temp (of the four on my q6600 under sustained load at stock speeds) - 52-54 degrees on two cores and 46-50 on the other two. I add the two 70mm fans in the cpu area, which seems to be a very effective way to ventilate this case. I had to shave a little off the case under the psu to make them fit. I also shaved off a little on the side so the cpu heat sink I have will slide into the case. Now I can mount all my stuff outside the case. Last thing for me to do is modify tremelos's back panel design to just the lower half of the backplate (to make things look nice - my hack job on the holes isn't nice to look at ). I also took out the front two fans, as they are not needed. I think I'll need to figure out a way to place filters on the intakes holes though.

On to the overclocking!

does anyone know where to get extra case screws for this case? specifically the side panal screws, they tend to become stripped after several side panal removals. Thanks.

It's about time RainFallRobin. I was wondering when someone would install a grill.

how well will the silverstone NT06-E heatsink work in the 350/351?

thanks

All of you guys are a great inspiration.
I have a spare 350 barebones, It has no dvd trays or harddrive trays,
any suggestions as to what to do with this pup?
I could post pics if needed.:)

What HD tray? The one at the rear can't be removed via screws. If you're talking about the 5.25" bay there's only 4 covers for that and you can get vented ones like the type a few posts above you.

What HD tray? The one at the rear can't be removed via screws. If you're talking about the 5.25" bay there's only 4 covers for that and you can get vented ones like the type a few posts above you.
i think he meant the whole cages are both gone, its possible ive seen many people do it, such as tremeloe's mod, it requires taking the hd cage out.

Correct!
I bought this from ebay for 30+shipping, cages are all gone, but it is extremely clean!
even the side panel screws are in mint condition. I have another v350 set up already as I really have no need for this one I was looking to mod or sell it.

Correct!
I bought this from ebay for 30+shipping, cages are all gone, but it is extremely clean!
even the side screws are in mint condition.
well being that it is so empty, you could try modding it like tremeloe (a few pages back, 120mm fan on back, more height clearance for hsf), the hd cage is already out and im sure you can build a custom drive cage.

thanks for the help,
I will look into that, I have seen tremeloes work and I dunno if I could pull it off the way he does.

^LOL, I thought I was the one who wrote that, albeit a little toned down from my usual putdowns :D

The link doesn't work btw. Search for NT06 reviews, really can't say much more than, no HSF is made for a particular case, and all HSFs work the same way.

:p

I usually refrain but the answer is right on the previous page if he had been bothered to read it. Link works for me.

Looks like he cut his back plate so that he can bend the metal inward in places where there would be open spaces (and to create a ledge for the psu to sit on I'm assuming?). For example, if you look at tremelos's back panel pics, he has open spaces in those same areas (the old panel had those holes covered up).

Nice work on this.

Finally after 1 year saving up I brought my idea to fruition

I made it for a media center, it's ultra quiet the case fans are hooked up to a zalman fanmate on the lowest speed, the HDD fan and CPU fan are at 12v.
I love this case!

Specs :

mobo : ga-7aum-ds2h
psu : Zalman 500W
cpu: intel core2duo 8400
cpu cooler: noctua NH-C12p with 120mmfan blowing onto mobo.
ram: 2x2GB OCZ Titanium ddr2 800
hdd : WD 1TB green inside a scythe quiet drive sqd-1000 with fan on top.

nice! really clean build!
i really like how u put a 120mm fan in the original PSU slot and then put the PSU at the HDD cage!!!
i really wanna do that too but i dont have the skill to do that so... i m stuck at the original crampy build =(
howz the S-Flex sound like? thatz the 1900rpm right? loud? or ok?

Thx for the praise!
It is not so hard to mod the hdd cage, just buy a dremel and some cutting disc.
What I did, is drill holes every 2/3mm orso with a 4 mm bit and the cut through the rest. Then I smoothed out the edge.
You can drill out the remaining rivets.
If you make a mould on paper where the holes for the fans have to go, then you can drill them out.

The S-flex(1900 rpm) are on a zalman fan mate on the lowest speed(I think 5volts) then they are quiet as heaven, also I put noise absorbers between the fans and the casing and then I used rubber bolts to install them.
The airflow I so good that even under full load the cpu only goes up 3/4 degrees celcius.

The temps are really nice except for the chipset, here I will install a heatsink by thermalright.

AXP-140? or which one?
anywayz i seriously dont think i will be able to do that with somone's help hahah
and for the fan... it nice but i m too lazy to get a speed controller where i have to hide it around since it is so crampy again... i guess i will stick with the 800rpm for now hahah

Any reason why you chose to go with the low profile NH-C12P when you have room for a full size cooler?

I'm tinking about this chipset cooler, an offset one because, my cooler is presently hovering over the center of the chip.

I chose the low profile, so I could fit it onto the motherboard outside the case, I still had to notch out the frame, and fit the fan inside. But that was easy compared to fitting it inside the case(which I have done)
And a hell of a lot easier than making my own fully removeable back plate(and cheaper:D)
But most Importantly I wanted to have airflow over the motherboard and thus the chipset, because I run it without a GPU card.
Also I wanted to run a fan on the cooler and a full size cpu cooler can only be fitted with the broadside to the sides of the case, then it would fuck up the airflow.

So this cooler was my best choice, I'm super pleased with the whole build(except for the fact I had to RMA the PSU and the RAM)

Does anyone know if the Thermalright T-Rad fits in this case? If not what aftermaket video card cooler is good to use?

Anyone feel free to pm me, I have acouple small questions about the v350 and asus p5e-vm mobo, im setting it up now and would like some help from someone more experienced than me. :)

Um no. that VFD thing will live happily with a 5.25" drive on the same floor.

Tremloes, ever find the correct file for that custom backplate? I'd like to get one before purchasing a v350 or v351 so I can do everything at once.

Am going to be building a new box and ended up deciding on this case....and ran across this thread. Great find for me!

Anyway, I'm pretty much done picking out components except for the case fans and cpu HSF.

I've quickly gone thru pretty much the whole thread but want to get confirmation and also ask for some opinions real quick before I finalize things.

Regarding the cpu HSF - The best candidates appear to be the C12P, U9B, and Minja. Is this correct?
I'd REALLY rather have a HS that will be able to slide in/out with the m/b tray (having to install fan separately is acceptable to me).

*Can someone give me a definitive confirmation that either the Minja, U9B and C12P will do this? (Granted that it's the 350v2 case or the 351). There seems to be conflicting reports on this when looking at the posts.
*Can either the Minja or U9B be installed *with* the fans and still slide in/out already mounted on the m/b tray?
*Which one, speaking in general terms, gives the best cooling performance?
*Any other recommendations for HSF?

I didn't see any mention of the Noiseblocker M12-P 120mm fan. This was going to be my fan of choice for any of the 120mm fans. The Noctua fans appear to be the case fan of choice in this thread. Any particular reasons why? I'm really shooting more for a quiet system over a super cooled one. This won't be a gaming system (not a home theater system either).

The custom back panels are pretty nice. From what I can tell so far, I'll likely end up going the route of moving the PSU over to the drive cage area and then relocating the 1 drive. Would be nice if we could come up with a group-buy for a nice custom back panel ;)

Back