LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

with 92mm
DSC_2636.jpg

with 100mm
DSC01210-1.jpg

don´t know why but i can´t find the final version of the backplate. this one was nearly finished - but please check the holes again, especialy for the Psu! this is NOT the final Version!
and make the holes for the fan a little bit larger.

http://tremeloes.kilu.de/hardforum/v350backplate.rar

and ther are some more things to do. ;) you have to cut a lot on the original backplate. you have to drill a new hole at the top left corner. i mount my psu below the top of the case. the holes in the backplate are only for closing the case - not for keeping the psu in place.

Did anyone verify that this file was correct for the custom back plate?

I'm looking to switch to this case and "really" like that mod :) I'd like to install the custom back plate on initial install rather than have to rearrange things later.

BTW what's the deliver time on one once ordered?

Can someone who has got the CD drive bezel to fit tell me what mods are needed? Do you have to modify the cage so the drive slides back in more?

I trimmed the sides of the bezel but it still won't fit in.

ComputexDay2009.jpg

There is a pic of a new revision of the 350

It looks like there are some air holes in the front and a 3.5" adapter. Also now comes in red? :)

Just wanted to say -

My V350 came yesterday, I just opened it and took it out for a minute to get a few brief looks. (Still waiting on parts, plus I have to take apart my other system and do some mixing and matching and tonight = not a good night :eek:)

Anyhow - the Lian Li 2 sided color page insert they put in all their cases (that shows other products and whatnot) shows this new case. My sheet says it's a V351.

IMG_0021.jpg

No other info about the case online (searching for v351 or pc-v351). I'm assuming it's the same exact case going by the specs on my sheet, other than having the small area of perforations on the front of the case now as well. (and the red colored one)

umm, the v350 still looks better, but not sure if those new intake holes may cool the case down a bit?

I agree, and I doubt it.
IMO the V350 has adequate ventilation for intake. This V351 may be slightly better on that front but because of it, it takes a ding in the looks department - I definitely agree with you there.

Never thought I'd buy NF-P12's @ $20 a pop but I was so impressed with a few minutes of hands-on time with the one that came with my NH-C12P cooler that I ordered 2 more @ Jab-Tech along with a 100mm Scythe Kaze Jyu medium speed for my V350. I figure since the P12's have better static pressure they might intake more air than a traditional fan would - so, I bit. ;)

Those will be here Monday; I have a V1000 to take apart, a few dremel cuts to make in it, then rebuilding back into the V1000. The parts left out (which will be several) will go into the V350. Hopefully I can get all of the V1000 work done and at least 50% of the V350 work done tomorrow while watching football. ;)

I agree, and I doubt it.
IMO the V350 has adequate ventilation for intake. This V351 may be slightly better on that front but because of it, it takes a ding in the looks department - I definitely agree with you there.

Never thought I'd buy NF-P12's @ $20 a pop but I was so impressed with a few minutes of hands-on time with the one that came with my NH-C12P cooler that I ordered 2 more @ Jab-Tech along with a 100mm Scythe Kaze Jyu medium speed for my V350. I figure since the P12's have better static pressure they might intake more air than a traditional fan would - so, I bit. ;)

Those will be here Monday; I have a V1000 to take apart, a few dremel cuts to make in it, then rebuilding back into the V1000. The parts left out (which will be several) will go into the V350. Hopefully I can get all of the V1000 work done and at least 50% of the V350 work done tomorrow while watching football. ;)
i also felt the same about the p12's but i decided to get 3 of them (2 120's and 1 80) as well as the c12p, so my ig will be nice and quiet:D.

EDIT: also if you decide to buy more noctua products, xoxide usually has them on sale once in a while, i got my p12's for 16.99 the other day and the c12p for 65.

ummm beside the the mini "intake" holes and the front I/O panel... and maybe the 5.25 to 3.5 converter? what exactly is the different between the V350 and V351??? more color? maybe painted interior? XD

ummm beside the the mini "intake" holes and the front I/O panel... and maybe the 5.25 to 3.5 converter? what exactly is the different between the V350 and V351??? more color? maybe painted interior? XD
well from what we can tell just the front holes but there might be some surprises in the interior and back, we'll see. also the current v350 comes with the 5.25 to 3.5 converter.

well i hope possible to move that front I/O panel back to the other side of the case so it would look like the V350 or better yet, completely remove it... and i would like to see the pricing of the V351 at the same or even lower than the V350 XD

i don´t think those additional intake holes make any sense. to get cool air into the case was never the problem but getting the hot air out of it. ;)
since i mounted my 120mm exhaust fan i don´t need both 120mm in front of the case and have better temperatures. Lian Li should change the backplate of that case so that you can mount a bigger exhaust fan behind hd´s. hope the v400 will have that... :)

i don´t think those additional intake holes make any sense. to get cool air into the case was never the problem but getting the hot air out of it. ;)
since i mounted my 120mm exhaust fan i don´t need both 120mm in front of the case and have better temperatures. Lian Li should change the backplate of that case so that you can mount a bigger exhaust fan behind hd´s. hope the v400 will have that... :)

do you have access to a machine shop that cane make open backplates for that fan on the hard drive area? im looking into what to do about the issue right now but i dont have any sort of way to make a new backplate for it, and i dont want to just hack up the one that comes with the case. Granted i could do a hole saw and use body filler to make it right but that would be a cumbersome process.

I'm going to try to make a new backplate for the HD fan, using a thin sheet of aluminum from Lowe's and my Dremel circle cutter attachment.

@ vertigohms - thanks for the heads up on xoxide with the P12's. Yeah buying 2 @ Jab-Tech dropped the price to $19.50, I checked elsewhere and JT had the cheapest shipping so I went with them. (I've bought plenty of things from there in the past as well.)

Ya I saw that in the maunal too ^

Also, where are you guys getting the alu DVD cover? I've read that they don't work for the v350? Do you have to modify them? Also, for adaquate wiring, do you have to drill holes or can it be achieved by other means. Thanks!

Ya I saw that in the maunal too ^

Also, where are you guys getting the alu DVD cover? I've read that they don't work for the v350? Do you have to modify them? Also, for adaquate wiring, do you have to drill holes or can it be achieved by other means. Thanks!

I shoved everything in the 5.25 bay I didn't use and no modding was needed.

Hey, does anyone know where to get replacement screws (the small ones) for the side panel? I lost some of them cuz they were so tiny =(

try lili's site, if not id also like to know since mine are already shredded.:(
You know what size they are? If not try screwing them into 1.) a DVD/CD drive and 2.) a HDD.

If it fits the DVD/CD drive then it uses a M3 threading; if it fits the HDD then it is a 6/32 thread which I think makes it an M4 size. I usually get spare screws from McMaster-Carr.

@Spawne32

my Backplate was made here: http://www.schaeffer-ag.de/
for the us market it is: http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/
but for fans bigger than 10cm you need to cut into the original Backplate. you can see that in 2red´s post on top of the page.

@lowteckh
more hopes than speculation. :D

i could kiss you right now :p hopefully i got these dimensions right and this thing turns out ok, i used the macro templates to mount a 92mm fan within the plate rather then a 80

9e2d1c1e3200859595cf5340da72c523.png

try lili's site, if not id also like to know since mine are already shredded.:(

They don't seem to be available on their website and I already tried emailing them like 5 times with no response.

As for the screws, it looks like it fits into the HDD holes but I havn't had a chance to try the CDrom holes.

My build with little mod on backplate.

RightSide

IMG_1304-2.jpg

LeftSide

IMG_1276-1.jpg

BackPlate

IMG_1350-1.jpg

IMG_1346-1.jpg

Im still thinking about doing some mod on the rightside panel.... Is it needed?

just got all my noctua fans and my noctua nh-c12p running heatsink running and well im impressed (sort of).

well the hsf is doing very good right now, my q6600 is idling at 32-25-30-28 and its probably lower considering im not idling it for long, this is at stock speeds.

as for the fans, they kind of dissapointed me, i have 3 p12s and an rf-8 in the v350 and i can hear a weird sound coming from the case, sounds sort of like humming noise that goes up-down-up-down in a continuous cycle, and its somewhat bothering me, not sure if i might have gotten a dud fan but ill have to look into it tomorrow.

I started putting mine together last night; didn't finish but a few initial thoughts/rants

a) The cpu socket on the LP JR is in the worst possible spot apparently since it's too close to the top edge of the board. This flaw gave me a lot of issues coupled with the NB heatsink being so large....the NH-C12P ideally fit one way, but that one way the heatpipes blocked the board from being removed via the slide out tray. This caused a problem when..

b) Fitting my 9800GTX coupled with the fact I couldn't remove the board was just a big PITA. I had to basically install the 9800GTX at a 45 degree angle to get it inside of the case, and then rotate it downwards to actually get it in the PCIe slot. Fun fun fun

c) I'm going to have fun hacking up a frickin' bezel; sigh why make bezels if they won't fit all of your cases, Lian Li? Huh? *grumbles* I figured I'd have to do this, but I was hoping I could somehow finagle it into fitting without cutting. Nope - forget about that pipe dream.

d) Removing all the little screws to remove the side panels = teh suck

e) I installed the C12P fan in downward push config, I just pray that it doesn't cause issues with my HX520 fan trying to intake air literally 2mm (if that) away

More to come later tonight when I finish the initial stuff and possibly get my wires nice and neat.

I started putting mine together last night; didn't finish but a few initial thoughts/rants

a) The cpu socket on the LP JR is in the worst possible spot apparently since it's too close to the top edge of the board. This flaw gave me a lot of issues coupled with the NB heatsink being so large....the NH-C12P ideally fit one way, but that one way the heatpipes blocked the board from being removed via the slide out tray. This caused a problem when..

b) Fitting my 9800GTX coupled with the fact I couldn't remove the board was just a big PITA. I had to basically install the 9800GTX at a 45 degree angle to get it inside of the case, and then rotate it downwards to actually get it in the PCIe slot. Fun fun fun

c) I'm going to have fun hacking up a frickin' bezel; sigh why make bezels if they won't fit all of your cases, Lian Li? Huh? *grumbles* I figured I'd have to do this, but I was hoping I could somehow finagle it into fitting without cutting. Nope - forget about that pipe dream.

e) I installed the C12P fan in downward push config, I just pray that it doesn't cause issues with my HX520 fan trying to intake air literally 2mm (if that) away

More to come later tonight when I finish the initial stuff and possibly get my wires nice and neat.

you raised a point that worries me about the DFI + V350, will a MINI-ninja fit? I did some dimensions checking:
noctua:
Height (without fan) 91 mm
Width (without fan) 126 mm
Depth (without fan) 152 mm
Height (with fan) 114 mm
Width (with fan) 126 mm
Depth (with fan) 152 mm
Weight (without fan) 550 g
Weight (with fan) 730 g
Scythe:
Dimensions: 110 x 110 x 115 mm
Weight: 580g

it's not as large as your noctua so in theory it should fit without a problem, does anyone have any experience with this setup exactly?

I'll do some measuring for you later and the pics I'll take will help.
Basically the worst part about the DFI is the clearance from the top of the cpu socket to the top of the pcb of the board itself. Where the pcb ends you have about 1/4" - 1/2" clearance to the side panel of the case. I tried mounting the C12P 3 ways, really...
- (the way I left it) which is vertical with the board, and the heatpipe "bulge" side above the cpu socket near the side panel
- vertical but opposite (exposed heatpipes on the PCIe slot side); the side panel would not close with it this way
- horizonal with the heatpipes near the IO shield...the mounting bracket for the C12P was practically right up against the NB HS and I wasn't too sure about leaving it this way

Again I'll take measurements later for you and let you know what clearance you need to have (in terms of surrounding the cpu socket).

Had DFI put the cpu socket a 1/2" lower (or more), it would be a lot easier. Of course I'm learning that "easier" and "trouble free" are two things that do not ever happen with a SFF build. :D

I'll probably go ahead and rotate the cooler if it lets me remove the tray with the C12P installed still. Like wetming did...
DSC_0039.jpg

you raised a point that worries me about the DFI + V350, will a MINI-ninja fit? I did some dimensions checking:
noctua:
Height (without fan) 91 mm
Width (without fan) 126 mm
Depth (without fan) 152 mm
Height (with fan) 114 mm
Width (with fan) 126 mm
Depth (with fan) 152 mm
Weight (without fan) 550 g
Weight (with fan) 730 g
Scythe:
Dimensions: 110 x 110 x 115 mm
Weight: 580g

it's not as large as your noctua so in theory it should fit without a problem, does anyone have any experience with this setup exactly?
Way to look around.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1256461

^^^ In his defense, he wants to make sure the LP JR + 'Minja' :D will fit in the V350 and he asked more or less because I mentioned the cpu socket location quirk regarding the LP JR + large HSF in this case. ;)

hey zero, did your c12p come with the protective cover on the bottom of the heatsink? mines didnt and it kind of worried me that maybe someone had opened my box, also my rubber grommets for the fan werent there :mad:

also do you think orientation matters? i have my heatpipes (back of HS) pointing towards the IO shield.

Back