LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

:) sorry, it´s no cad file. it´s a special file for a german company (they have a design and order program).

Im thinking about this case too. This back plate is really great. My opinion is. The most noisy think in computer are harddrives. So i will use 2,5" HDD + Scytch silencer. Probably 2x320Gb 7200n. I will sacrifice capacity and speed. The SSD drives are still to pricey.

Im thinking about this case too. This back plate is really great. My opinion is. The most noisy think in computer are harddrives. So i will use 2,5" HDD + Scytch silencer. Probably 2x320Gb 7200n. I will sacrifice capacity and speed. The SSD drives are still to pricey.

Eh? I doubt going the 2.5" route is going to help with that regard. One of the WD 1TB green drives or similar low power/low noise 3.5" would help.

no more problems with cpu coolers (except scythe ninja :mad: )
hope my thermalright will arrive soon.

edit:

wow..this is amazing...
it could have been nice if you have integrated the Lian Li PE-01B (PSU bracket extender)

pe01b01sw7.jpg

@grabshell

yes and no. with that Psu bracket i would have about 4 mm more material. that would mean the whole thing will not fit. ;) i had to rasp down 2 rivets to gain more space for the psu.perhaps that shows how tight it is...

still searching the final file ... it´s ridiculous.

is it true that the PC-V350 can not use the aluminum drive bezel???
also the fan control and media center that are made by lian li themselves... are they any good?

don´t know why but i can´t find the final version of the backplate. this one was nearly finished - but please check the holes again, especialy for the Psu! this is NOT the final Version!
and make the holes for the fan a little bit larger.

http://tremeloes.kilu.de/hardforum/v350backplate.rar

and ther are some more things to do. ;) you have to cut a lot on the original backplate. you have to drill a new hole at the top left corner. i mount my psu below the top of the case. the holes in the backplate are only for closing the case - not for keeping the psu in place.

Thanks for this...it's a good place to start! I did notice the cutting on the backplate you did as well, might be time to get that dremel I've been wanting.

2red:
i have a question about the dual slot graphic card u have there... the Gigabyte 9800GTX... did u mange to put that ASUS sound card at the PCI slot no problem? as in does the sound card and the graphic card touches each other?
because i m trying to build with a PC-V350 too with the same motherboard with Q6600 and a similiar power supply (HX520) and i think i will have lots of question to ask u very soon XD

OT: i was in Germany during this summer and man i loved the country! anywayz i figure that u r a German because the words u used in ur pictures are German lol

PCI/PCIE cards don't overlap - a 1 slot will just take up 1 slot and not interfere with the next card, same with a 2slot and 3slot. Unless the manufacturer is fucking retarded.

Hello,

which good HSF fits into this case? I'm interested by the Zalman 9700 but it seems too big, doesn't it?

Thanks !

I was wondering what maximum lenght can this case take in terms of video card??

I was looking for a nvidia gtx 260 wich is suppose to be about 10.5'' long. Will it fit inside this case??

I was wondering what maximum lenght can this case take in terms of video card??

I was looking for a nvidia gtx 260 wich is suppose to be about 10.5'' long. Will it fit inside this case??

I've got a GTX280, BFG, sitting in mine, with about 3/4 inch to spare to the front fans.

My exhaust MOD

Back behind cpu:drilled few lines of holes and add two 60mm fans connected to one knob in fan controller(did ssame for front two 120mm and two 40mm behind GPU)

dsc00331ct6.jpg
dsc00333ku6.jpg

BEHIND GPU...but the thing is, even on full speed THEY dont do a SHIT :( (awaiting silencer 5 rev.3 to stick on my 9600gt )
dsc00332vw6.jpg

i think it doesn´t make sense to work with such small fans. to build up enough preasure they have to turn very fast which means thea are getting very noisy.
and behind the gpu it´s nearly imossible to get air through such a small slot. ;)

My exhaust MOD

Back behind cpu:drilled few lines of holes and add two 60mm fans connected to one knob in fan controller(did ssame for front two 120mm and two 40mm behind GPU)

dsc00331ct6.jpg
dsc00333ku6.jpg

BEHIND GPU...but the thing is, even on full speed THEY dont do a SHIT :( (awaiting silencer 5 rev.3 to stick on my 9600gt )
dsc00332vw6.jpg

i like the 60mm fans near the CPU....good job!

what silent fans would you guys say i should get? i can get the noctuas 2x120mm, 1x80mm) for 16 bux each at xoxide right now, they are on sale.

or should i get nexus real silent fans? any others?

EDIT: do you guys think this water cooling kit would fit in this case?
(http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecod4.html)

Hello,

which good HSF fits into this case? I'm interested by the Zalman 9700 but it seems too big, doesn't it?

Thanks !
umm, noctua nh-c12p fits (just ordered mine :D), noctua nh-u9b, coolermaster geminii s, thermalright si 128 (also se model), there might be more i havent seen.

Yeah I've got a NH-C12P (+ a LL black optical bezel) coming from FrozenCPU, and the case is coming from mWave ($105+shipping FTW). I hope it all gets here by Friday at the latest...can't wait. :)

I am definitely purchasing one of these and I was wondering: Can I fit a thicker 80mm x 80mm x 32mm exhaust fan in the current 80mm exhaust location?

^^^ I'm wondering if a 120mm fan can be fit in that space (zip tied if need be). It looks like there is enough room behind the drive cage, but obviously the rear grill isn't perforated to match (which I don't care about).

Anyone know if a Radeon 4870 TOXIC fits in this case? with the heatpipes giving, what it seems, a couple of centimeters..

That's a very nice mod Tremeleos. I kinda wish Lian Li had designed the rear panel like that from the get go. HDD's could have been mounted in a cage above the CPU area and still taken only a minimal amount of space.

I am definitely purchasing one of these and I was wondering: Can I fit a thicker 80mm x 80mm x 32mm exhaust fan in the current 80mm exhaust location?
i doubt it, im using 90 degree sata cables and i still need to use the fan grill on the 80mm standard thickness fan. Maybe if you can find some right angle molexes :)confused:) you can fit a thicker fan in there.

^^^ I'm wondering if a 120mm fan can be fit in that space (zip tied if need be). It looks like there is enough room behind the drive cage, but obviously the rear grill isn't perforated to match (which I don't care about).
no, the 120mm fan is way to big to be in the exhaust/drive cage, you can on the otherhand fit a 92mm, but youd have to make your own back plate.

i doubt it, im using 90 degree sata cables and i still need to use the fan grill on the 80mm standard thickness fan. Maybe if you can find some right angle molexes :)confused:) you can fit a thicker fan in there.

no, the 120mm fan is way to big to be in the exhaust/drive cage, you can on the otherhand fit a 92mm, but youd have to make your own back plate.

about that 92mm:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220023

has 80mm mounting holes but is 95mm diameter fan. 95 x 95 x 25mm. which is 12.5mm bigger on the top and bottom (only places it might matter i think) can you measure that to check for me?

Back