LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

Ordered parts for it including a Giga DS2R and Q6600 G0 stepping Double-Deuce! :cool:

Now the question is going to be how big a heatsink we can fit in this puppy. Thinking I may just do the same as my Lanbox and go with a Thermaltake XP120 w/ an inverted fan sucking into a bottom feeding powersupply.

Thanks for posting up that case! I really like it! Definitely would like to see some pics of the guts after install!

Hi

Just been looking at this case looks pretty good too me.

Here’s a few case sizes to compare WxHxD

Shuttle G5 200x185x310 = 11,470,000 = 0.1147
Shuttle P2 220x210x325 = 15,015,000 = 0.1501
Sugo01 263x216x393 = 22,325,544 = 0.2232
Sugo 03 200x360x312 = 22,464,000 = 0.2246
Lian-V350 279x262x373 = 27,265,554 = 0.2726
Lanbox 430x300x280 = 36,120,000 = 0.3612

Ok, just to clear this up once and for all the Sugo 03 is larger than the Sugo 01!!! but not by much...

The lian-V350 has almost 1/10 less volume than the Lanbox, the Lian is a little wider (16mm) and taller (46mm) but shorter (20mm) than a Sugo 01.

So is it SFF or not well, I remember reading a thread where the conclusion was anything 0.3 or under was SFF...

Hully

I've been looking at this case for a little while, and I believe that if one could modify the power supply bracket, and shift the power supply to the very top of the case, instead of about a centimeter short, it might be possible to fit the Thermalright Ultima-90. I don't entirely think there would be enough room, but if it's possible, I'd be up for it.

I think the Zalman CNPS9500 would fit perfectly in the V350 without any mods.

It does not fit perfectly... or at least, its so perfect that it hurts. ;)

I thought I measured it and it'd fit, but it just barely touches the fan grill on both my powersupplies. I removed it and now they no longer touch, but you still have to install the heatsink w/ the PSU out while the mobo is slid into place.

Now does anyone know where in the heck I can find instructions for this case? It shipped w/ none and the manf. website says coming soon. I wanna make sure I'm doing this right with the DVDroms as it doesn't appear secure IMO. Nevermind, its all together now (put in the optical drives first and its obvious) and seems to be ok. USB headers are retarded though.

Question, the 2 120's are pulling air from where? I noticed the slots on the side of the case but that can't be all.

I mentioned it before, but its a bottom breather. there an entire inch slot along the front bottom of the case. I'm guessing the side intakes aren't so much supplemental as just a "dummy proof" to ensure the system can breath even if the computer is placed on thick carpet which would block the bottom intake. :)

Windows is installing now. I thought I'd need some fan controllers (which conveniently you can fit two big 5.25" ones on the other side if you wanted), but its very quiet already. :cool:

The lights on the front (power button is a nice rough glass type of blue glow, and the reset button is a smaller red glow w/ a triangle) sure do look nice and feel great too. The Lanbox Lite has a separate blue power light that is so bright it can burn the skin of fair children that inadvertently walk into its path, yet alone look at it.

where are you guys mainly purchasing the case at? I'm having trouble tracking it down :mad:

The lights on the front (power button is a nice rough glass type of blue glow, and the reset button is a smaller red glow w/ a triangle) sure do look nice and feel great too

Are the power and reset buttons aluminum or plastic?

Does it look like an 8800GTX/Ultra will fit without a problem?

where are you guys mainly purchasing the case at? I'm having trouble tracking it down

So far Silver PCs was the only place that had the V-350 in stock, they sold out of the silver fast and I think the black ones are gone now to. Performance-pcs told me that they won’t be getting any until late September.

wow--this case looks impressive. all black is awesome-lots of these mini cases are in silver/gray or a mix of colors-very hard to find a silver dvd burner.it looks like it can hold 2-5 1/4" external and 2-3.5"" internal and 3 nice size fans too.

Measures 11"w x 10 1/4"h x 14 3/4"d, seems perfect. lan li website shows it facing sideways--seems hard to use it that way.sept. 24th is its release date.:)

I'm just being paranoid but if the zalman 9500 barely fits with slight modification I wonder if the scythe mini ninja would be able to fit. Kinda hard to say because I don't know if the measurements on the scythe site include the heatpipe ends.

Wow, they really showed the limitations of this case and am not impressed at all. Sad:(

Yeah I almost thought about this case for my new build until I saw layout. It would have been great if they placed PSU on top of PCI slots like many others but instead they placed on top of CPU which greatly limits choice of HS. I don't know what Lian-Li were smoking when they were redisigning this case but I definitely don't wanna smoke that. :D

Yeah I almost thought about this case for my new build until I saw layout. It would have been great if they placed PSU on top of PCI slots like many others but instead they placed on top of CPU which greatly limits choice of HS. I don't know what Lian-Li were smoking when they were redisigning this case but I definitely don't wanna smoke that. :D

I have to think of an alternative for Q6600 and 8800GT setup. Any takers?

With dual internal 120mm fans, water cooling could be an option, then it wouldn't have the clearance issues with the large heat sink.

Had this case since Monday and I love it though the cooling could have been better.
The PSU and HD bay fans can't exhaust enough hot air out of the case provided by the two 120 mm intake fans.
Even though I'm using water cooling with a CPU and NB - block with external pump and radiators the temp inside the case get pretty warm. What this case lacks is a right side exhaust fan like the V300 had.

Anyway I'm going to cut a hole for a 120 mm exhaust fan on the right panel tomorrow, same as I did on my V300 :)

I received my V-350 last week and after originally praising the case I’ve become very disappointed in it.

The fit and finish is excellent but overall with its size and removable motherboard tray I would have expected it to be easier to work with. It has ended up becoming more of hassle than both my SG03 and SG01 that I have used previously. I’m not too crazy about the side mounted optical drive bays either, which do not except Lian Li’s aluminum optical drive cover. If there was some way for Lian Li to have made the top panel removable it might help with accessibility.

At this point I think a small increase in size and hard drive cage revision with SilverStones SG01 Evolution might make the perfect SFF case.

I got it!

lian1.jpg

lian2.jpg

lian3.jpg

lian4.jpg

lian5.jpg

lian6.jpg

lian7.jpg

lian8.jpg

lian9.jpg

lian10.jpg

sigh, still waiting for it to become available in canuckistan! it looks more likely that i'll just have to order it from the US after the holiday shipping rush is over.

Tremeloes,

I see in one pic that you show an aluminum optical drive cover, how did you get it to fit?

Is this a Lian Li part or another brand?

Ha, that´s my secret...:D

at the moment it´s only temporary mounted. isn´t so easy. i had to cut a lot. i´m searching for a better way to mount it. it´s only taped right now.
I used the original drive cover from Lian Li.

at the moment it´s only temporary mounted. isn´t so easy. i had to cut a lot.

You had me wondering; I bought a Lian Li bezel from Lian Li also but have not been able to get it fit on the V-350.

it works fine with tape, but it´s not really pretty. i think i´ll glue it against the optical drive.

Thanks. I´m a member of forumdeluxxe. But that´s the mod for the v300. Seems there has been some changes for the v350.

Ouch looks like you had to mount the mini ninja inside the case! How hard was it?

There's quite a bit of wasted space beneath the power supply, Lian Li could have made the removable mobo tray alot taller so that taller heatsinks could slide in and out without removal.

There really is no perfect SFF case. :(

I put the complete sys into the case through the side door. wasn´t so hard.

it´s finished:

silent01.jpg

silent03.jpg

Case is now available at NewEgg as well:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112151

I like the look but I'm not sure I like it more than a tower. I mean, for the price I'd rather just get a PC-7B/A for less to be honest. I'm not so sure a case of this size is exactly worth the premium for it's size, when it's not really that tiny.

How can they call it "V" 350 when they took out the signature V-cool holes.

Looks good though, any thoughts on the HSF clearance compared to the SUGOs?

-PS- now Antec just needs to release that mini P180 from Computex

This case isn't modeled after the V1000, V1200, and V2000. It's modeled after the V1100 and V2100 which do not have the airholes you are referring to. All of the cases with this style really do look like mini-fridges. My buddy has the V1100. I do like the look though.

Hi,

I really need a fast answer to this, need to post order immediately!

I see that you have the scythe mini in and it fits. looked it up and the cooler is 115mm tall. WIll the zalman CNPS9500 AM2 cooler at 124mm fit?

Or better yet, does anyone know which zalman tower cooler will fit?

thanks!!

ok that sounds good, good enough for me to try lol..

if anyone else knows for sure though, please let me know before the end of the day. thanks!

Back