LIAN LI PC-V350 !!!

Arg, I knew I should never have come to this section of the forum. I fell in love with this little case so I've started ordering parts to build one. I just picked up the eVGA 7150 based mATX board and the LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo drive. I've got 2gigs of DDR2 and a E6320 to drop in it. Not the fastest CPU but should do just fine as a HTPC for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray playback.

Nice parts! The xfx 7100 mobo likes quite promising too, the power and reset buttons is a first i have seen on a budget m atx board, for me it that or the asus mobo

also,

what is a good mAtx mobo for this? i was thinking of putting the Asus one in it from newegg. the m2n-VM

lol i know any mAtx will fit, but I want a solid AM2 mobo. there arent many on newegg. im a fan of Asus and nvidia chipsets. Anyone have experience with the Asus mobo with the Quadro chipset? i plan to hook it up to a 42" 1080p tv, for movies and gaming.

so far, im planning,

lian li pcv350
amd x2 6400 black edition
zalman 9500 am2 cooler
xfx 8800gt
corsair 520hx
WD 500gb
2gb corsair xms ram

Why not go for phenom? Its amd quad core if you didnt know, or just go with intel and have everything run wayyyy faster?

tis for my cousin, and he has no need for a quad lol.
his budget is around 1G. preferably no more.
amd fanboy* :D

Hey is an amd fan boy or you? Cus if you dont make him suffer and lose out on all the performance he is gonna miss. But ya that system looked fine to mee, you gonna do any oc?

Been getting some PM's requesting me to post some pics of my water cooling setup.
So here it is, sorry for the bad quality of the pictures ATM I only have a cellphone camera :(

It consists of the following:

Zalman Resorator XT with dual pumps (one extra D-Tek dB-1 Compact) and a Black Ice GTXtreme 360 radiator cooled by 3 SilenX Ixtrema Pro 120mm fans.
Three Zalman blocks: NB (NWB-1), GPU (ZM-GWB3) and VGA Ram (ZM-RWB1).
Additional tubing Tygon R3603 transp. 11.2/8mm.
Replaced the Zalman stock 140mm fan to a Yate Loon D14SM-12.

Btw, I bypassed the fan/pump VR on the front of the unit to only regulate the backside fan, the two pumps is directly fed from the 12v line.

Back:

Back 2:

Left:

Right:

Left inside:

Right inside;

Resorator XT front:

XT inside, back, new 2:nd pump:

Temps and other numbers etc:

Got my V350 today. UPS was way late and came just before 9pm. I get my LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive and eVGA 7150 motherboard tomorrow. Might get the CPU/RAM tomorrow as well but it might be Monday.

I pulled the case out and I love the thing already. It's my first SFF and was actually smaller than I thought they'd be. I'm too use to my big Lian-Li V2100's. This little one is my 5th Lian-Li though.

@Allsop
nice work. seems we have the same taste. I have also the black v350, the black jbl creature speakers and the w/c parts for my case will arrive monday or tueseday (are you my missing brother?:D).
I´m trying to get the whole wc into the case. I´m using a 2x120 radiator and a pump that will fit into the 5 1/4 bay. the hardest part was getting a NB cooler for the P5E-VM hdmi in germany. Hope i can show some pics next week...

Hi,

This is my first post here.....I've been lurking for almost an year.... :D

Could someone please tell me the maximum height of the heat sink in order to be able to extract the motherboard?

Sorry 4 my english.....

another v350 with watercooling. We ordered the parts the same time but he got them first. :mad: My watercooling will be nearly the same. Hope i´ll get the parts this week.

v350 W/C

after builing my setup i can say the v350 is the perfect case for watercooling:

Radi in front of the two case fans:
_MG_8883.jpg

_MG_8881.jpg

reservoir fits behind the optical drive and the hd:
ag.jpg

Pump fits in the hd cage. made a little socket with the lian li srews:
aqua.jpg

cleaned up:
Image_0533.jpg

Temps:
Idle
Load

I'm now running a total of 3 pumps in my Reserator XT and I've also replaced the quick couplings with some high-flow barbs... I've also using 2 Black Ice radiators GTX 240 and 120 externally.

Pictures:

The two extra pumps mounted in the back

Exhaust fan mounted outside the case.

3 Pumps? do you have 3 diffrent circiuts in your v350? do you still have the fan behind the hd?

so, for a better flow rate? Wouldn´t one powerfull pump not be better than three single? (just want to understand the benefit of your system)

These pumps are very quiet...

http://www.petrastechshop.com/ddb12inpu.html

Description:

This very small and incredibly quiet pump is ideal for those seeking silence. While best pared with low-restriction cooling loops or CPU-only cooling systems, put two of these little guys in series and you'd be nipping at the heels of an AqX 50Z, but with a lot less noise!

I have a question I am about to geg the PC-V350 :)
For my Matx board I got that's going to have a quad core in it,.,,, But if I am NOT going water cooled would it be better to get a smaller case or is this lian li bigger and that's why people are going the water cooled route...?

I LOVE lian li and all my pcs are lian li with the exception of my little shuttle and the antec aria that I was messing around with...
Or get the Lian Li PC-A05 that seems narrow and not tall? I am really torn between these two... I can't tell what I am gaining or losing with one or the other...

Thanks,
-Nigel

after builing my setup i can say the v350 is the perfect case for watercooling:

Radi in front of the two case fans:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/Tremeloes/_MG_8883.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/Tremeloes/_MG_8881.jpg

reservoir fits behind the optical drive and the hd:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/Tremeloes/PC Kram/ag.jpg

Pump fits in the hd cage. made a little socket with the lian li srews:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/Tremeloes/PC Kram/aqua.jpg

cleaned up:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s287/Tremeloes/lian li/Image_0533.jpg

Temps:
Idle
Load

hi Tremeloes could you list all the parts you have in that setup please ?

great setup btw :)

thanks alot Tremeloes

hmm what cpu block would you go for then if you don't like the 1 your
using now?

also what that called around the tubing?

made some changes the last days. i removed the hd cage so the pump has some more room. developed a little suspension which should remove the vibrations of the pump, too. last im made a little hole into the optical drive bay so i can directly connect the dvd drive and the hd (which is mounted above the optical drive).

not sure if i missed it, but what is the measurement if anyone has it from the top of the CPU installed to the bottom of the PSU, planning on buying one of these but want to know what heatsink i can buy to use to put in a q6600 and overclock ita little

lian14.jpg

Just buy a Ninja Mini, it fits but you have to mount it in the case. I've got my Q6600 running on it at stock voltage at 9*333. It's about 41C idle and 48-49 load.

LittleMe what do you mean with "it in the case" ? i mean, you can't mount it out of the case using the mobo tray?

couild depend on the PSU? if you can get your PSU in after you install the mobo looks like you opssibly could...

You can't slide the tray back in with it installed. There is a bar, between the PSU cutout and the tray cutout that blocks it. If you look at the picture MrGuvernment quoted from Tremeloes, you can see that the tops of the heatpipes won't fit out the back of the tray cutout.

i installed everything outside of the case and put everything together through the side into tha case (the psu was already mounted). after that i fixed the mb with a short screwdriver. was easier for me than mounting the cpu cooler inside of the case.

ya i see it now, didn't look hard enough.

what is the height on the cooler, just want to see what all my options are for this sucker...

I see it now too, thats a problem for me, because i hate the assembling thats Scythe uses...

Zalman 8700 is worse than Ninja mini, but is it too far from the other? i read it needs higher airflow to perform at the same level, is it true?

another good cpu cooler for the v350 is the Thermalright Si 128 se. you just have to do a little modification so you can use the mb tray. have a look here click

there you can see some complete configs.

perhaps this will help, too. click it´s german but thera are some pics. ;)

and here you can see on the left pic what you´ll have to do if you want to use the mb tray together with Thermalright Si 128 se click not so hard to do...

Back