LGA1151 Xeon E3-1235L-V5 CPU availability?

onetwenty8k

2[H]4U
Does anyone know the deal with the E3-1235L-V5 Xeon availability in the US? It was released Q4'15 but no US retailer seems to sell them. 25W TDP CPU. I want to use it with a Mini-ITX supermicro board for an 8 drive DIY NAS and media server (w/ supermicro PCI-E SATA card). I can't seem to find the low voltage xeons anywhere. And additionally, none of them seem to know when it will be in stock.

Should I give up on this? Anything that's comparable in power usage but still has similar passmark scores? Looking for any information. Thanks!

Okay, that makes sense. Is there a CPU thats comparable. Perhaps one from the new line of CPUs?

Appreciate the response.

If you cant find tray and need boxed. Then 80W is your next step for Xeons and 65W for the i5.

The Xeons are still SKL and not KBL.

It may be easier for you to find a 35W i5 KBL like the 7400T, 7500T or 7600T. But these are tray as well.

Have you also looked for the Xeon E3-1240L v5 ? CPU-World shows it also 25W but with HT and a .1/.2 GHz faster speed. Probably just as hard to find I would guess.

If you cant find tray and need boxed. Then 80W is your next step for Xeons and 65W for the i5.

The Xeons are still SKL and not KBL.

It may be easier for you to find a 35W i5 KBL like the 7400T, 7500T or 7600T. But these are tray as well.

I don't particularly care if it's retail or OEM, I just want a low power CPU for the NAS that is capable of 4k transcoding.

OP, look on eBay for the E3-1240L v5, there is someone selling what looks like Extra Spicy chips for $165/shipped.

Back