LG L246W

I just dropped 580 USD for the 245.. I didn't want the silly light of the 246 anyway and considering it is the same panel :) I look at it like this, while I checked my Circuit Citys and was unable to find them, I didn't want to pass up about the only good 24" panel thats out there right now (ofcourse the NECs are good but theyre 2x the cost). But this is to hold me over until I graduate Uni and get a full-time job. At that point its 30" for me :)

Can anybody in the Seattle or Pac NW area (yea, I'm getting that desperate) check and see if there are any in stock? I did a little math, and I'm willing to drive a bit to get this monitor. Well, depending on how much it can be purchased for. PM me if you find anything, or if you confirm my findings (nothing in WA).

I just dropped 580 USD for the 245.. I didn't want the silly light of the 246 anyway and considering it is the same panel :) I look at it like this, while I checked my Circuit Citys and was unable to find them, I didn't want to pass up about the only good 24" panel thats out there right now (ofcourse the NECs are good but theyre 2x the cost). But this is to hold me over until I graduate Uni and get a full-time job. At that point its 30" for me :)

I did the same thing around the same price, CircuitCity had been out for years and there was a floor models at BB but it was beaten to heck so I got a L245WP intstead. I felt fleeced at first till I got mine and realised it was still worth every penny.

hey guys i just got this picked up this lg24" lcd from bestbuy it was a floor display.when i walked up to it it had four fingers prints running down the top bout 3 inches.the sales person cleaned it off it looked ok i said ill take it for 399!so i get home hook it up threw vga:/(no adapter yet)and i started playing around with it.(this thing is amazing but i noticed something.i have some embedded smudges in the middle of the monitor.
i was wondering if theres a way to fix this?

does anyone know if i could send this monitor in to lg and they can fix it,if so when i call should i tell them it was an open box.what should i say happened to the monitor.im not sure if this yellow sku came from best buy or lg.

i think i will just take this back tomorrow:(
this things is a amazing monitor,anybody have any suggestions on a ebstbuy monitor not over 500 bucks.

Hey StoneWalker. I know the feeling of returning it. I had picked up the L246 for ~$320, but there was a huge dead pixel (might've been a small cluster because it was way bigger than a normal dead pixel) so I returned it because it was so obvious to see in any scene. I ended up picking up the Westinghouse L2410NM at BB for 309.99, but it is 329.99 at most BBs. As far as I recall, I don't remember any difference in better color/brightness or anything from the LG. The Westy is till an MVA panel, albeit maybe not as high quality as the LG, but not really any discernible difference to my eyes. I'd highly recommend it.

thx.did u buy the display model lg,and if u did,did they give u any trouble returning the display model?thx

thx.did u buy the display model lg,and if u did,did they give u any trouble returning the display model?thx
You shouldn't have any issues returning it as long as your within 14 days from purchase. and since it was an open box/display you shouldn't have to worry about any restocking fees :)

Silly light? You know you can turn off the power LED in the menu? No more light!

Okay. i got the public ver 2.1.1.
from where to set the digital brightness value from 64 to 63? and how to save it?
Do you mean "Luminance - 0x10"?
it's act like brightness setting! nothing special.
It gets saved automatically.
And I explained whats "special" about it.

You shouldn't have any issues returning it as long as your within 14 days from purchase. and since it was an open box/display you shouldn't have to worry about any restocking fees :)
thx:)
hey do u know if the Westinghouse L2410NM at bestbuy is an 8bit panel just like this,and does it have 178 viewing angles.

It gets saved automatically.
And I explained whats "special" about it.

I mean it's like changing the setting with OSD, the same thing.!
is it not the same thing?
or..did i mess something here?
hope to explain it to me, will appreciate it.

thx:)
hey do u know if the Westinghouse L2410NM at bestbuy is an 8bit panel just like this,and does it have 178 viewing angles.

the L2410NM is an MVA panel IIRC so it is an 8 bit panel and has wider viewing angles then TN panels though 178 is a bit exaggerated, no?

Well you can tell there's a picture there at 178 degrees. Actually watching a video you can tell bright from dark on it, which is pretty cool. Not all that useful, but pretty cool. Usable viewing angles on the L2410NM are good, about the same as the L246W. I can move a few feet each way without noticing much color shift.

So I just found a Best Buy that has one of these left new for $562. I was hoping to catch one at CC but no luck. I'm very impressed with the colors and viewing angle of the monitor compared to TNs. However, I didn't initially consider spending this much, so I'm wondering if this is still a good option in this price range or if there are better choices when spending this much? I know it's a steal at ~$300, but is it still worth it for $562?

I initially paid $550 for mine, got them to knock $50 off when they put it on sale... I was happy with it for $550 + tax. It's really up to you whether it is worth it or not, though.

So I just found a Best Buy that has one of these left new for $562. I was hoping to catch one at CC but no luck. I'm very impressed with the colors and viewing angle of the monitor compared to TNs. However, I didn't initially consider spending this much, so I'm wondering if this is still a good option in this price range or if there are better choices when spending this much? I know it's a steal at ~$300, but is it still worth it for $562?

Unfortunately I don't get to play with mine until Sunday or Monday, since I had it shipped to school. But I dropped 580 for mine, I rationalized it like this. There are a lot of 24" TN panels selling for 450-500ish. What's 10% for a much better panel? From everything I've heard its the lowest MVA panel inputlag-wise and thats important to me coming from S-IPS. The FHD2400 is still 550. :)

Geez and then even a fullquote on these giant pics! WTF
Also not everyone is using a local display, I'm working over a a remote NX connection and this freezes everything for 20 seconds. Great.

About the digital brightness setting, it's obviously not the same as in the OSD.

Yikes, those pictures ARE huge! Is anyone who has their monitor connected via DVI/HDMI able to use ForteManager? I installed it but when I click on picture, for example, nothing happens.

Yikes, even with imagezoom (FF ad on) it takes awhile to get those pictures to a reasonable size.

Anyway, I'm expecting this monitor to come in this week. Anyone use it to watch TV? How has it been?

Yikes, even with imagezoom (FF ad on) it takes awhile to get those pictures to a reasonable size.

Anyway, I'm expecting this monitor to come in this week. Anyone use it to watch TV? How has it been?

i'd imagine how you have it hooked up is of utmost importance.. im running my tv tuner through it right now... i just hooked it up as i just got mine; pimpz the word.

my tv looks like crap due to university splitting our cable 8000 times unfortunately.

I just got mine today, coming from a 17" CRT this thing is HUGE!

Can someone tell me why in the menu it says 1600x120 / 60Hz, but when I look in Display Properties it is 1920x1200 ??

I did a little searching through this thread, but didn't see anything definitive
are there recommended settings for this monitor?

thanks

I did a little searching through this thread, but didn't see anything definitive
are there recommended settings for this monitor?

thanks

Same here, Id like to also know what settings do you guys recommend? And what is ForteManager? If no one knows any settings what calibrator do you guys recommend that is less then 100 dollars? Thanks

If anyone in the DC area wants mine, I am putting it up for sale. I just got in a 27 inch dell in which I am totally drooling over.

Now that I've got mine (thanks AthlonXP!), the new one I found at Best Buy was at Germantown, MD as of 3/16 for $562.

yeah, they're getting hard to find. i got the last one at my local best buy. none at circuit city :(

DSCF8521.jpg

i'm still setting it up. i like my monitors dark, i ended up settling on sRGB mode with a brightness level of 5. i can still see the full range of dark colors and light colors down to 2,2,2 and 253,253,253, and it has good gamma curves and color, so i'm pleased with the result

i'll take more pics in a bit if people want them ;)

btw, it's an L246WP, not WH

I got mine back from repairs. They only have refurbished ones wich suck. I sent mine in because of a dead pixel, and I got another one back with a dead pixel stuck right in the middle. I have to send it in again for exchange :(. I hope 3rd monitor is a charm :(.

Back