LG L245WP - the first S-IPS 24"

It might be a temporary situation if you can't find any 23" LG S-IPS panels where you are.

I'm in Korea, and there's a couple of companies (Naco and Daysis) that are still putting out new products with this panel, many of them not much more than US$300 except generally for those equipped with tv tuners. Oh, and lots of monitors are available "defect free" for an extra change (~US$50). No HDMI on any of these either--but what's that to a pirate? :rolleyes:

Just a thought. I'm really interested in this monitor, but when I had a BenQ and used a HDMI cable, my desktop resolution could not reach 1920x1200. It ran a bit less, due to some restrictions on output via HDMI. Will I have the same problem on this monitor when using a HDMI to DVI cable?

I really hope so! This monitor looks awesome.
And now that I've almost quit gaming, I think I'm not as picky with ghosting and such anymore :p it would be perfect for me!

I have the LG246WPBN, its a great monitor, it has a PMVA panel, not sure what an SIPS would do for this series but cosmetically the monitors are virtually identical except placment of menu buttons. I suspect it will have the same connections mine does, HDMI/DSUB/COMPOSITE.......you do not need a DVI connector, YES the monitor comes with a DVI to HDMI cable.

The only difference between my lcd and this model would seem to be the LCD panel itself as mine is PMVA and this one is SIPS.

Hmm, I was thinking of getting the Benq FP241W, but was worried about viewing angles. An S-IPS monitor could be pretty interesting.

Are LG monitors generally available in the U.S.? I only see them for sale at Circuit City (not a lot of competition on the prices that way).

So the DVI to HDMI conversion doesn't effect quality in any way?

Any word on the 1:1 pixel mapping?

Also, since this is an LG monitor, I assume it will have the same type of LG-Phillips S-IPS panels that are in the Apple Cinema Displays?

NO QUALITY DIFFERENCE< HDMI AND DVI are both digital.

Just a thought. I'm really interested in this monitor, but when I had a BenQ and used a HDMI cable, my desktop resolution could not reach 1920x1200. It ran a bit less, due to some restrictions on output via HDMI. Will I have the same problem on this monitor when using a HDMI to DVI cable?

I'm running it on the HDMI -> DVI and it's beautiful at 1900x1200. No resolution restrictions at all, and I'd argue a little bit sharper / brighter display vs. the analog 15 pin.

Me thinks there is alot of confusion in this post, LG has TWO models of 24 inch monitors,

LG246WPBN and the LG245WP, the 245 has controls on the other side of the monitor, BOTH MONITORS ARE THE SAME PMVA panel from AUOptronics.

The 245 is being sold at online/mail order venues, the 246 can be purchased in brick and mortar stores.

Apparently there is misinformation at various venues in various countries about these panels, I can assure you that they are the SAME MONITOR except for the minor cosmetic differences on the bezel and the location of the controls.

Back