LG L227WTG-PF now available

Hey Guys

This is my first LCD monitor and I picked this one up and I LOVE IT! But I have a few questions for you gents.

I have noticed that the upper part of the monitor gets darker while the bottom gets a little brighter. I tilted the monitor all the way forward and it helped but I can still see that the top is a little darker, when I stand up and look at the monitor dead on everything looks fine.

I was curious if this was just the nature of LCD monitors or if there was a calibration option to help this? Its not so much a big deal in game and I can live with this but wanted to make sure my monitor didn't come defective.

Thanks Guys

Also what calibration settings are you guys running with this monitor?

Hey Guys

This is my first LCD monitor and I picked this one up and I LOVE IT! But I have a few questions for you gents.

I have noticed that the upper part of the monitor gets darker while the bottom gets a little brighter. I tilted the monitor all the way forward and it helped but I can still see that the top is a little darker, when I stand up and look at the monitor dead on everything looks fine.

I was curious if this was just the nature of LCD monitors or if there was a calibration option to help this? Its not so much a big deal in game and I can live with this but wanted to make sure my monitor didn't come defective.

Thanks Guys

Also what calibration settings are you guys running with this monitor?

It's pretty typical for most LCDs that use a TN panel (as this LG does) to show that color shifting from top to bottom that you are noticing. I have the same LG LCD and notice that on mine as well. I've actually noticed it on many LCDs I've looked at, so it's normal and not a defect. However, I think with the IPS and PVA type panels it is reduced or maybe does not even occur. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It helps to be sitting level with the screen to get the best color output. If it's positioned too high above or below your level line of sight, the colors will be more shifted. I have mine set at 80 brightness, and 70 contrast. I kept the other settings (sharpness, etc.) at their defaults.

I really like this LCD.. no complaints so far. Great for games and general web surfing..

Appreciate the help my friend,

I noticed something today that I dont like at all and am curious if I should swap this one out for another. I noticed I am getting quite a bit of "blueish" backlight bleeding on pretty much all sides, especially the bottom. I can already see that this will be something annoying for darker games. I know lcd's are prone to this but are all this noticeable?

Should I swap this one out for another? I am running stock settings are there anything I can do to help this?

I was looking at the benq G2400W and heard that it has little to non backlight bleeding and was a solid monitor, do you think its worth returning this LG and picking up a benq?

Well, you can do one of two things:

1) Lower the brightness to see if the bleed is effectively reduced
2) Exchange it for another L227WTG and see if the newer one has less

I have a BenQ G2400W and it does have very little to no backlight bleed. It is the second one I've owned (as the first one was returned for a dead subpixel), and both had very low levels of bleed.

But to definitely say "yes you should return it" would require understanding of what you plan on doing with it.

With the G2400W you will gain "Full HD" resolution, and a full range of 1:1, aspect, and fill ratio scaling, three inputs instead of two (DVI, HDMI, VGA), better calibrated colors, and obviously a larger screen.

What you will lose is the glossy panel, and a bit of brightness (as the G2400W is less bright than the LG).

Also, it depends on your budget, as the BenQ is probably about $50.00 - $75.00 more expensive than the LG.

Regards,

10e

Appreciate the help my friend,

I noticed something today that I dont like at all and am curious if I should swap this one out for another. I noticed I am getting quite a bit of "blueish" backlight bleeding on pretty much all sides, especially the bottom. I can already see that this will be something annoying for darker games. I know lcd's are prone to this but are all this noticeable?

Should I swap this one out for another? I am running stock settings are there anything I can do to help this?

I was looking at the benq G2400W and heard that it has little to non backlight bleeding and was a solid monitor, do you think its worth returning this LG and picking up a benq?

Probably non-existent.

TN panels don't use heavy overdrive like MVA panels, so I don't think there will be a lot of inverse ghosting and corona effects on this baby.

10e

How are the RTC errors on it?

Any noticeable artifacts showing up?

They have them at FutureShop now, for $319.99.

L227WTG-PF

Regards,

10e

I just picked one up from bestbuy because they were sold out for about a week. Luckily I got a raincheck and paid 290 for it.

The bezel looks really sleek, although the lack of height adjustment on the stand is quite annoying. The first one I picked out had NO dead pixels (yet) and I thought the backlight bleeding wasn't bad at all.

The picture is really good looking with deep blacks and vibrant colors. I love glossy panels. Gaming is very, very nice on this with no input lag and a really fast response time. Definately a gamers monitor.

Downloading the drivers was a pain, LG's site reeeeally sucks. Other than that installation was a breeze.

I'm trying to calibrate it now, though. The picture isn't as good as I think it could be.

My current settings:

Brightness: 60
Contrast: 70
Gamma: -50
Red: 43
Green: 43
Blue: 51

Does anyone else have better numbers? The greys I see look too yellowish.

I think I found better numbers for greys

Red: 47
Green: 47
Blue: 58

Probably corresponds to 9300k color space. Might be too blue for some but I like it. This monitor kicks ass now!

If I tilt my head forward while playing WoW the top edge of my screen becomes darker. It's really annoying, but I guess it's not that big of a deal. I don't know. =/

Just unboxed and installed this monitor. Let me say, after a year of nitpicking over displays I'm very happy I found this one. No dead pixels, no backlight bleed or banding. Text is clear, blacks are black, and the glossy screen is gorgeous. So far so good. Will report back after some more usage.

Anyone have any input as to how well this monitor would work with this monitor stand? (Ergotron Neoflex). The stand attaches very close to the bottom of the monitor so I wasnt sure if this would work or not. Any input is appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i bought this monitor from best buy, they didn't give me a DVI-D cable. i have 8800GTS, anyone know which dvi cable would be good

Is this monitor the bigger version of the L207WT-PF (without the glossy screen), do they have the same panel?

I had an LG L204WT, but I just picked up an L227WTG. While messing with calibrating it, I checked to see if I could get to the service menu the same way as the old LG. It worked, but when I was messing around I accidentally changed the panel setting and I didn't see which one it defaulted to. On my old LG I could not change the panel in the service menu.

It seems to change the color a bit depending on which one I select. I'm trying to calibrate it, but there are several panel's to chose from and I don't know which is the correct one. I tried resetting it back to defaults, but it didn't change anything on the service menu. Is there any way to reset the service menu options back to default?

Here's what I have on my service menu:

Code:
L2x7W
TSUMO58 VER  1.60
080307 HSKIM ETI.   0

Under panel, I can change it to the following options:

LPL20W 4L
AUO20W 4L
LPL20W 6L
LPL20W 4LG
CPT20W 6L
CPT20W 4L
AUO20W WCG
LPL20W CI
AUO22W 4L
LPL22W 4L
LPL22W 4LG
CMO22W 4L
LPL22W WCG
LPL22W CI

:eek:

I discovered if I hold the (+) or (-) button while NVRAM INIT is highlighted, it will set to yes, then the monitor powers off and back on. It reset the regular menu options, but they are different than what you get when you perform a reset factory reset from the regular setup menu.

When I go back to the service menu, it changed the panel to LPL20W 4L, but it also changed some of the other settings that were not the way it came out of the box. I took a picture of the service menu with my digital camera before messing around, just in case. The color settings for 9300K changed, and the value for OFFSET and GAIN changed, which you can not select and change on the menu.

I just picked up this monitor yesterday, no dead pixels that I can see but I have some backlight bleeding for about a half inch on the top and bottom of the display, is this normal or should I exchange it? So far I like this monitor and the only problem I have found is viewing angles are really poor but all TNs are.

Hi,

I have the L22wt and noticed a slight problem, if i`m looking directly at the screen (white background) hortizonal viewing on the right seems a redish tinge, but isnt too bad on the right.

I no its a tn screen and acceptable looking at angle but not straight on, anyone else noticed this,

Back