LG L226WT 22" 3000:1 Contrast

sobol

Limp Gawd
I just bought LG 226WTQ-SF from www.overclockers.co.uk. It is one made in Poland and as far as I'm concerned it have no ghosting issue.
This one have 1,5 cm bleeding at top and bottom. I will check service menu later on to see what firmware its running on.

I have problem with it, can't install the driver. Neither by manual point to driver location or right clicking on .inf and selecting install( i get message that this installation method isn't supported)I'm running on 64 bit vista.

rajan

n00b
I just bought LG 226WTQ-SF from www.overclockers.co.uk. It is one made in Poland and as far as I'm concerned it have no ghosting issue.
This one have 1,5 cm bleeding at top and bottom. I will check service menu later on to see what firmware its running on.

I was playing with service menu settings, could you write here your default service menu settings? i forgot mine :/ My firmware is 1.80

ea6gka

n00b
I had a WTQ a month ago , 1.14 firmware and had ghosting issues. not to mention backlight . It was made in poland and TCO03 cert. The lower part of the monitor was significantly brighter than the upper. I exchanged it for a 226BW C panel and its deffo better. i suggest if people are between the LG and the Sammy to go for the sammy.

But i would say avoid the lot of 22TN and get a quality panel such as IPS,PVA , MVA etc

artimasz

Gawd
I have a WTQ with the same specs; TCO 03' and 1.14 Firmware, but mine was made in china.

I am very hard pressed to find any ghosting at all, the only time i notice a little is with the Vista cleartype in outlook 2007, all other applications look good.

deeringc

n00b
Hey guys,

Just got my new 226wa today! Im blown away by how good it is! The main reason I bought it was because of this thread! Really great info, thanks! :D

One issue though, for some unknown reason my monitor was missing the CDs that normally come with it. So, Ive been running the thing off XP drivers, which I figure isnt a great idea in the long term. So if someone could send me a copy of their .inf & .cat files I would be very thankful! (Im running XP Pro).. or even better would be an img of the driver CD? Maybe thats a bit much? :D I havent had much luck finding them on the LG site or on the internet in general! If Im missing something obvious, a link would be really great as well!

Cheers guys,

Chris

Anh N.

Gawd
I just recently upgrade my OS from XP to Vista 32bit, and updated the NVDIA latest driver. But now when I started up 3DMark06, I got the black bars on each side. Same thing happened when I play game like Warcraft 3 :confused:. My resolution is set at 1680x1050. My game resolution is also set for widescreen. I just want to make the black bars go away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solve Problem; Apprently the Nvidia setting was checked as to use Nvdia scaling with fix ratio. I feel like an idiot :eek:

Stigern

n00b
I have had this monitor for almost a year now. And lately it's been acting weird.

I started noticing it freezing/restarting when running non-native resolutions like 1024, 1280 etc. It didn't happend that often, so I just let it go. But the last 2-3 days, it's been doing it alot. I can't even use the native resoultion without it happening.

And earlier today, it just stood there with a black screen, and the powerbutton flickering/blinking. When I pushed it, the led went orange.

Well, I just let it stay like that for a while. Like 10-15 minute, but got tired of it so I took the power cord out. Let it rest for a while. When powering it back up it worked fine, for about 1-2 hours. Then it went black again.

And suddenly the color-temperature where all messed up, the only one that gives me a none total blue color is the 9300c, but still it's blue.

I'll add some pics of what I'm trying to explain with the color-temp settings.

When I choose this temp-profile, many colors went lost:

And when in this temp mode, trying to turn down all colors, shouldn't that result in a much more toned down pic than this?

EDIT: Maybe this is of interest:
my.php

mindaugas

Weaksauce
Does anyone know how to turn off the scaling on this monitor? I want to play some old games that only support certain resolutions, I don't want the LCD scaling. I already tried the catalyst center, but the option to change how it scales is grayed out. Even if I try switching to a non standard resolution, and back, and restarting, etc.