LG L226WT 22" 3000:1 Contrast

Anyone got the silver one? How does it look?

Any pics of the silver one in the real world (i.e. not LG promo shots)?

Hi

I just received my L226WT-SF this morning and have already arranged an RMA. Tommorrow it is being collected and returned to the supplier for replacement - The backlight bleed is horrendous!

I excitedly unpacked the monitor and hooked it up to my new 8800GTS only to be dissapointed by the uneven colour of the desktop (darker at the top than the bottom). I then tried to play FEAR and discovered that there was a good 2 inches of backlight bleed from the top and bottom of the screen. The bleed was even more obvious during the transition to black screen when shutting down XP. I spent a good 3 hours fiddling with settings and could improve the colour banding but couldnt make a dent on the backlight bleed.

I should receive a replacement next week, I just hope that its a damn site better than this one, because overall it could be a really nice monitor for under £200.

Hi

I just received my L226WT-SF this morning and have already arranged an RMA. Tommorrow it is being collected and returned to the supplier for replacement - The backlight bleed is horrendous!

I excitedly unpacked the monitor and hooked it up to my new 8800GTS only to be dissapointed by the uneven colour of the desktop (darker at the top than the bottom). I then tried to play FEAR and discovered that there was a good 2 inches of backlight bleed from the top and bottom of the screen. The bleed was even more obvious during the transition to black screen when shutting down XP. I spent a good 3 hours fiddling with settings and could improve the colour banding but couldnt make a dent on the backlight bleed.

I should receive a replacement next week, I just hope that its a damn site better than this one, because overall it could be a really nice monitor for under £200.

Where did you get it from, scan?

Here a pic of the backlight bleed on the LG L226wt and the sam 226bw.For those who own one of the above!how does your bleed compare?Note!camera shows brighter bleed than is really showing.The top and bottom is real!the rest is the camera.
L226wt

226bw

barely have any bleed whatsoever on my lg 226wt. Just a small bit at the bottom, none at top to report, thank goodness. Manufacture date Jan 2007(if that even means anything as far as this issue is concerned).

Someone on the two threads about Sammy's 226WT has postulated that whether the pannel is an S or an A can be seen on the packaging box by reading off a slew of specific numbers followed by letter(s). I tentatively remember that the numbers may have started with 201 followed by some letter(s). These caracters do NOT include the 'S' or the 'A'. Does anyone know about this, has seen it on the threads, or am I just wishfully thinking?

Hi, I own the SF version and I am fully satisfied. I had the Fujitsu Siemens LW1 twice, awfull, dead pixel, backlight bleeding, then I took the Samsung 225BW, great but an ugly backlight bleeding in the middle, and after all this crap, I took Samsung 226BW with S panel, still bleeding problem. As my first LCD was the LG 1715S, and as I was really satisfied during 3 years, I decided to take LG L226-SF, and it was a good décision. The blue light of the button is deactivable, (not on the sams 226 BW), the color is fully adjustable, and forte manager is a must.
Bleeding is present (I didn't see any 22" panel without backlight bleeding anyway) but only less than an inch on the top and bottom. I resigned to change it again, cause you know in France, the service sense is an unknown word and when you want perfection you have to pay, pay and pay again! (for instance Dell 24" is priced 950$ US in sales time and 1300$ US in regulard days...)
Anyway, for me the only default is the dynamic contrast, for instance, when I watch World Trade Center on my PC, when they are blocked in the basement, the screen turn darker, it's not really pleasant...
So does anyone has the idea to disable this feature? Does anyone knows how to enter in the service menu?

Many thanks by advance.

Might have been asked before but theres too many posts. :eek: Anyway what's the difference between the L226WTQBF sold at CC and the L226WTXBF sold at Newegg?

Well, I have been using my 226BW for just over a week now. My fiancee got me this for my birthday the other week. She even insisted on opening the box at bestbuy before she bought it to check if it was an "A" or "S" panel..... she's the best. She said the sales guy wasnt to happy about that..

No stuck or dead pixels. There is only a little bit of back light bleeding, mostly off on the botton right side of the display. Its not enough to bother me.
I have only spent a few hours on it so far. After messing around with the color settings I got the monitor looking half way deceint. But then noticed very bad color banding. I'm thought to myself... damn, this sux - but then I figured out that by turning "Magic Bright" setting off, the color banding pretty much goes away. That made me extremely happy.
As far as gaming on it. I fired up some Quake4, and UT2004. Everything seems very quick, with no lag, or ghosting.
So far I think its a great LCD for the money.

Well, I have been using my 226BW for just over a week now. My fiancee got me this for my birthday the other week. She even insisted on opening the box at bestbuy before she bought it to check if it was an "A" or "S" panel..... she's the best. She said the sales guy wasnt to happy about that..

No stuck or dead pixels. There is only a little bit of back light bleeding, mostly off on the botton right side of the display. Its not enough to bother me.
I have only spent a few hours on it so far. After messing around with the color settings I got the monitor looking half way deceint. But then noticed very bad color banding. I'm thought to myself... damn, this sux - but then I figured out that by turning "Magic Bright" setting off, the color banding pretty much goes away. That made me extremely happy.
As far as gaming on it. I fired up some Quake4, and UT2004. Everything seems very quick, with no lag, or ghosting.
So far I think its a great LCD for the money.

i saw in the menu magiccolor not magicbrighness?

Magic Bright is just a selection of preset settings found by pushing the down button on the monitor without entering the menu. It's different than the Magic Color feature.

Please folks, which one is better, the L226WT or the L226WTQ? Even though the Q version is touted as newer and faster, I did not hear very good things about it (actually the only "review" I could find where the two were being stacked against each other is some 10-line user review on Amazon.de). Moreover, the non-Q version seems to be a little more expensive on an average...

So, again, which one should I go for? (They cost the same where I intend to buy.)

Please, please, please please... :) :)

I just got an L226WTQ today and I have a question.

I notice a heck of a lot of ghosting. I can go into MS Paint, create a red circle over a grey background, then move the window across the screen. Moving at the rate of 1 time across the screen per second or so, there is a whitish/bluish ghost trail about 1/2 inch long.

Playing BF2, ghosting is very obvious, especially when viewing something moving against the sky.

Moving the mouse at normal speed results in a very noticable blue/white trail behind the arrow.

Also, normal black text against a greyish background, i.e. "File", "Edit", "View", options at the top of Firefox, have a suble whitish "halo" or "border" around them. Text mostly looks great though.

Is this all normal or is there a chance I got a defective model?

I am using an analog video cable by the way, as it didn't come with a DVI cable.

Gusty987, it might be worth trying a DVI cable, then, to see if it resolves any of your problems. If you do, would you mind posting your results to see if it sorted it out?

Thanks, I'll try one.

Is this more ghosting than people normally see with this monitor?

Well I picked up a DVI cable, still the same issues though.

While at Circuit City I tried the 226WT they had on display and it had none of the ghosting issues I am experiencing.

I guess I will go exchange the monitor.

Well I just got back from Circuit City with a new monitor, and I am still seeing the same issues.

I don't know how to take a vid of it.

If you go into MS Paint, make a red circle about an inch in diameter of a grey background, then drag it around the screen. When I do this, going across the screen 1 time per second or so, I get about 1/2 inch of blue/white trail behind the circle.

Here's a couple of pics I took with my camera phone that show what I'm talking about:

image013gi7.jpg

image015vp4.jpg

Well I got mine at CC and it has the "Flatron Wide" in the upper right corner.

Also, how do I disable the dynamic contrast thing?

Don't know. I tried looking up the manual of LG's support site but couldn't figure out how to turn the dynamic contrast off. If there is no option to turn it off that is a damn good reason not to buy this monitor...

Gusty, my guess is that the 226WTQ model (the one CC sells) is garbage. Get the 226WT instead to avoid this problem.

Gusty, my guess is that the 226WTQ model (the one CC sells) is garbage. Get the 226WT instead to avoid this problem.

Wonder where I can find the 226WT?

For example the one newegg sells has 226WTX on the back

I bought mine at CC and it is an amazing monitor for gaming. I haven't noticed a hint of ghosting whatsoever.

My monitor is a 226WT

Well guys the good news is I finally have a beautiful LG 226WT in front of me.

The bad news is that apparently there is now a panel lottery for this monitor.

I went to CC today to return the 226WTQ and insisted on the 226WT. They only had 2 in stock at the store I went to, and luckily one of them had 226WT on the box.

So when buying this monitor, make sure the sticker on the side of the box does not have the Q!

Well guys the good news is I finally have a beautiful LG 226WT in front of me.

The bad news is that apparently there is now a panel lottery for this monitor.

I went to CC today to return the 226WTQ and insisted on the 226WT. They only had 2 in stock at the store I went to, and luckily one of them had 226WT on the box.

So when buying this monitor, make sure the sticker on the side of the box does not have the Q!

In this case, I wouldn't call it a lottery because there is a way to easily identify which monitor you are buying. A real lottery would be the one for the Dell 2007WFP. There is absolutely no way to find out which panel you will get until you have it.

In this case, I wouldn't call it a lottery because there is a way to easily identify which monitor you are buying. A real lottery would be the one for the Dell 2007WFP. There is absolutely no way to find out which panel you will get until you have it.

Yeah good point. Still, if you go into the store and point to the 22" LG and say "I want this one", apparently they may give you either model.

Anyone getting this monitor, I recommend you try to avoid the Q model. Good thing is you don't have to open the box to tell.

Does this lcd use an LG panel or is it Chimei like most other 22" lcds? I've heard conflicting info on this...I currently have a 226bw but it's a "C" panel so I feel like I'm paying "L226WT" money for my 226BW that uses a Chimei panel...

Can this monitor do anything above 60Hz? Are there any problems with tearing? I know you can turn vsync on but that slows things down a bit...

Okay.
I have an LG 226WTQ - BF monitor.
Somebody help me out. Should I take it back and get a 226WTX - BF monitor?
Or should I just forget LG and get an HP w2207?
Somebody's gotta have an answer.

ya, suppose u should return it and ask for the WT, I got the WT and it's awesome, I love this LCD

mindaugas said:
ya, suppose u should return it and ask for the WT, I got the WT and it's awesome, I love this LCD
Okay, so it just says 226WT?
Not 226WTX?
Because mine is a WT, but it has the Q - BF at the end.
All I have to do is make sure it doesn't have a Q at the end or should I also make sure there's an X at the end?

Thanks, mindaugas. Much appreciated.
If I'm unable to find an L226WT-BF, would the L226WTX-BF be better than the L226WTQ-BF?

I'm not sure, when I first got mine I didn't know there was a difference, I just got lucky. I went in to BB to buy a new LCD and that was the first day it was on the shelves. BB was open 2 hours and was already out of stock, but another had a couple left. Just random luck, I thought it wasn't going to be out for a month and I was just gonna settle for the Samsung.

I've got a Dell 2407 at work and I would say this monitor is just as bright, but not as good. Then again its another $200 for 2" :D

Back