League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

They're including a code for a free Caitlyn skin (and Caitlyn, if you don't already have her) in November's PC Gamer magazine. So it's still a ways out yet...

Does anyone else here wonder what will happen in a few years when LoL has 500 champions to pick from? What kind of cluster fuck is that going to be?

They're including a code for a free Caitlyn skin (and Caitlyn, if you don't already have her) in November's PC Gamer magazine. So it's still a ways out yet...

Not that far. :D

PC Gamer Article said:
The November issue of PC Gamer is on its way to US subscribers. Look for it on newsstands on September 13!

Sorry for the late responses, but I'll comment anyways.

You shouldn't even have that mindset if you're interested in playing this game long term, I'm sorry, but I gotta be blunt here. If you're afraid to play normal games, then this isn't the game for you.

Definitely levels 1-10 should be spent playing bot games and acquiring heroes, after that, you MUST play Normals and get experienced, so at 30 you'll have some idea of what you want to do as far as spending your IP and what heroes you want to play as.

Otherwise, you might as well uninstall LoL, cause it isn't the game for you.

I'm not saying this to be mean or to pick on you, i'm saying it as a matter of fact based on my own experience and almost 1100 games played.

Wow, that's really one sided. Guess I shouldn't buy a fast car unless I plan on racing it every weekend or something as well? If someone just likes playing against AI, let them, it's not hurting you at all. Heck, I played way too much AI and while it's not fun anymore, I still do it to get my first win bonus if I'm in a time crunch, and it didn't handicap me that badly.

I have been playing Garen.. So much fun building him tankyDPS

He's more of an offtank than DPS simply because of the length of his cooldowns. But yeah, he is one tough muddah to kill.

I was just not wanting this thread derailed by discussing HoN in here, that is all.

Erm...ya, you've never discussed LoL in a HoN thread before. :rolleyes:

Definitely not here
Or here
Certainly not here
Bah, I give up

Not trying to call you out brotha but you're not exactly the most on-topic guy. :p

Not that far. :D

That's what I was thinking. Here in the states we get our magazines like a month and a half before their date anyways.

This is great, will definitely have to pick up that code. Caitlyn was the first character I used when she was free a couple weeks ago.

I think I'm going to pick Katarina as my 3150 purchase. Did some reading, and I think I can figure out how to player her so that I don't spam her ulti, get stun locked and die. Here's hoping she gets a buff in the future.

This is great, will definitely have to pick up that code. Caitlyn was the first character I used when she was free a couple weeks ago.

I think I'm going to pick Katarina as my 3150 purchase. Did some reading, and I think I can figure out how to player her so that I don't spam her ulti, get stun locked and die. Here's hoping she gets a buff in the future.

I just bought my 64th champ today. I have a couple I haven't even played. Sad huh?

Pretty much the only champs I don't have are ones I have no interest in ever playing.

starting to get the hang of Katarina, waiting for people to pop CCs in group fights and then shunpo in and blast them.

pretty fun.

I need opinions on glyphs. I want CD reduction, but I can't decide whether to go flat or per level. The flat glyphs are twice as much. Are they worth it? Or I could just screw buying runes and save for champions instead. I already have AP per level, flat magic resist, and flat attack speed glyph sets.

I just spent over an hour, combing through pages 1-45 of this thread, for League of Legends' handles ( for [H] users only ):

Stiler
JeffSGeorge
FerraraZ
R3ckless
Sinistar00
Nihsnek
WreckAnEyeZe
----------------------
Eskimo Brothers
72.26.196.21:8525
Password=ifrag

Handle:
iGrief
----------------------

Nekronic
fecalfighter
ikabobi
arachnyde
Bomber18
HellsThunder
Squintos
NobleX13
Astral Abyss
AidsAcrossAmrica
silentcircuit
GreyMagus
Superfly3176
Falleng0d
ChestyMcRockhard
BrokeLX

Myself: DalaiLamaXV

----------------------------------------

League of Legends channel:

/join [H]ard

Last edited:
I need opinions on glyphs. I want CD reduction, but I can't decide whether to go flat or per level. The flat glyphs are twice as much. Are they worth it? Or I could just screw buying runes and save for champions instead. I already have AP per level, flat magic resist, and flat attack speed glyph sets.

It's more a matter of personal preference on the CDR glyphs. I went with flat CDR because I need the biggest boost in the beginning through mid game before I have my items to compensate.

There's an arguement to be made either way. Going per level CDR gives you the biggest benefit late game, when you're more likely to have the mana and abilities to use them to their fullest.

Always flats. The per levels aren't worth enough to the end, and the boost from runes is most important early game.

Man, I tried playing Vlad tonight, he used to be my main most played champion.

The nerfs to him have really brought him down hard as hell. He's just no where NEAR what he used to be. With his higher cd's, the pool slow, heal reduction, etc he's just a bad pick now. There's just no reason at all to pick vlad when you can go brand, or annie, or orianna.

He used to be king of laning, with his q and self-healing on it you used to be one of the most feared champions in a lane, however now I'm getting rollled by orianna's/annie's in a lane so easily. Just seems like they took nerf's way too far, he now rests with the likes of TF.

I just spent over an hour, combing through pages 1-45 of this thread, for League of Legends' handles ( for [H] users only ):

Stiler
JeffSGeorge
FerraraZ
R3ckless
Sinistar00
Nihsnek
WreckAnEyeZe
----------------------
Eskimo Brothers
72.26.196.21:8525
Password=ifrag

Handle:
iGrief
----------------------

Nekronic
fecalfighter
ikabobi
arachnyde
Bomber18
HellsThunder
Squintos
NobleX13
Astral Abyss
AidsAcrossAmrica
silentcircuit
GreyMagus
Superfly3176
Falleng0d
ChestyMcRockhard
BrokeLX

Myself: DalaiLamaXV

League of Legends channel:

/join [H]ard

Vent still open for all of you if needed. 35 slot

I just played a bunch of PVP rounds and I think Kennen is my new fav. Too bad I just blew a bunch of points on Jarvan. :(

I just played a bunch of PVP rounds and I think Kennen is my new fav. Too bad I just blew a bunch of points on Jarvan. :(

Jarvan is far superior to Kennen, you just have to master Jarvan to get the most out of him.

well tonight has been a massive waste of time, it appears that there's absolutely no way to actually filter out, kick, ban or otherwise avoid AFKers which means that if even 1 person AFKs on your team you end up either in a 1 hour+ game or just plain losing.

I can't believe they have no protection against this it's just about the worst attempt at making a multiplayer game like this, it's fundamentally unplayable when people are AFKing like this.

*edit*

In addition, if I want to play a 5v5 game with a single friend I can't do that, if you create a custom match you can't open the lobby to be public so that's pretty gay as well

sigh...

*edit*

FUTHERMORE, if you join a lobby and you notice a prior idler is there to play again and you want to avoid playing with him you have to suffer a 6 minute lock out because you left the lobby

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
you also get a loss for leaving that.

I agree though, they REALLY need to leanr from HoN here.

Where you can remake a game within the first 5 minutes if someone leaves/afks/the game fucks up.

It also needs an automatic idle detector.in champ select, if someone afk's and doesn't pick, it should just put you all back in queue so no one gets a loss for that.

Yeah I honestly don't understand how they can think this is playable right now, I mean I've had more games where people are idling or have repeatedly dropped than games which have remained full for the duration.

Ok, I'm still rather new, but today I and a teammate on 3v3 were AT the enemy's nexus, turrets were down, etc, but couldn't hit it. It had no heath bar and was not targetable. The mobs couldn't hit it either. As a result, with the three of us standing there, the other team walked into our case and killed ours. Am I missing something, or did the game bug out?

Just played a game with some buds where the enemy's team composition was Monkey King, Caitlyn, Master Yi, Xin Zhao, and Gangplank. On top of that, their MK was AFK for the first 15 minutes of the game...we (even my Annie) got a bit of armor and rolled 'em.

Yeah I honestly don't understand how they can think this is playable right now, I mean I've had more games where people are idling or have repeatedly dropped than games which have remained full for the duration.

They need to do something about it. Either a 5 minute grace period to quit or they could do what the NHL series does and have a computer take over. Even a beginner level bot is better than a guy sitting in the corner the whole time.

If ranked PVP is as bad as the afk/disconnects in normal I can't see it being much fun.

As you continue leveling you start seeing less and less leavers. Same with ranked, the lower ELO, the more leavers.

Jarvan is far superior to Kennen, you just have to master Jarvan to get the most out of him.

I'll stick with Jarvan and try a few more builds with him. Kennen is just a ton of fun for me though.

All the Jarvan builds I have tried so far have been Trinity Force as the first big item, and it takes forever to get. With Kennen I can grab Will of the Ancients early and run around blasting Q without much worry.

I'll stick with Jarvan and try a few more builds with him. Kennen is just a ton of fun for me though.

All the Jarvan builds I have tried so far have been Trinity Force as the first big item, and it takes forever to get. With Kennen I can grab Will of the Ancients early and run around blasting Q without much worry.

Skip triforce, go Warmogs>atma's, it takes a while but once oyu do he becomes quite beefy, lots of dmg (thanks to his passive) and huge healthpool that means most dps target others before you and leave you to focus others down or disrupt.

After warmogs/atma's you can go what you need, if you need more dmg, grab an IE/Phantom, etc.

Frozen mallet can be great too, but depends on the game.

Newbie here, Just started playing bot games, lvl 6. Name : Lundivar

Yeah it's a bit addicting, needed a break from TF2 and the like...

I love playing games where 1 guy that's doing bad constantly wants to surrender on your team. I hope this doesn't happen on ranked matches?

Was playing last night as Katarina and carried my team, despite one guy constantly whining after feeding the team. Would have done a lot better if their Garen wasn't such a killing machine. Geez.

Only person that really gives me trouble, or annoys me rather then gives me trouble, is JAnna, I know, you think "She's a support.."

However with her shield, + her slow, + her knockup, it's EXTREMELY hard for garen to harass her at all, unless you get a stupid janna that doesn't know to ward the bushes, then she's a pushover. However a good janna, that can ward (or has CV) vs you, she can put a stop to garen getting early feed on her once she has her three abilities and doesn't let you surprise silence her from a bush.

well tonight has been a massive waste of time, it appears that there's absolutely no way to actually filter out, kick, ban or otherwise avoid AFKers which means that if even 1 person AFKs on your team you end up either in a 1 hour+ game or just plain losing.

I can't believe they have no protection against this it's just about the worst attempt at making a multiplayer game like this, it's fundamentally unplayable when people are AFKing like this.

*edit*

In addition, if I want to play a 5v5 game with a single friend I can't do that, if you create a custom match you can't open the lobby to be public so that's pretty gay as well

sigh...

*edit*

FUTHERMORE, if you join a lobby and you notice a prior idler is there to play again and you want to avoid playing with him you have to suffer a 6 minute lock out because you left the lobby

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

you sure do bitch a lot about every game you play it seems, lol

as far as the 5v5 with a friend, just hit Play, go through the options whether you want co-op vs AI or PvP then select I want to invite my own teammates and you can be put in the queue with less than 5 ppl

Also I never use the custom games unless I'm screwing around with a new champ and want to hit some easy bots - or someone is setting up an ARAM game.

I play exclusively as Ezreal and I have gotten really good at him. However I would like to expand my experience a bit. I have mostly ArmPen and MP/5 runes. I would like to stick with a ranged carry type too. What is a good hero choice? (Aside from Ashe)

Havn't looked at last page of thread to see if anyone else said it yet... but November issue comes to news stands Sept 13th, and already mailed to subscribers ... so it's not far at all.

I agree they need to do something about the afk/leavers .... I gave up on ranked since anytime i've played one, we had someone ragequit or afk.... a few times we won anyways, but majority it was a loss.

They need more new heroes tho :/ lol I'm sitting at 30k IP and nothing to spend it on since i have the champs I like, and the runes that are needed for them.

I play exclusively as Ezreal and I have gotten really good at him. However I would like to expand my experience a bit. I have mostly ArmPen and MP/5 runes. I would like to stick with a ranged carry type too. What is a good hero choice? (Aside from Ashe)

Caitlyn, Vayne, Tristana, Urgot, Kog'maw. I am sure I am forgetting one but those I see the most.

Trist is solid, as well as Vayne and Cait.

Personally for me, I think trist is the best of them all. She has good escape that makes it hard to gank her, or it can also be used offensively to slow someone (but it puts you near them, so you have to use it with care). Her E cuts off healing for champions, making her a good choice if they have either a healer or someone with lifesteal/spellvamp.

I think trist is one of the hardest carriers in the game. She can easily 1 vs 1 most and with the same amount of gold for her build vs them, she usually comes out on top because of her E/q/ult combo.

I roll ignite on her always because it stacks with her E + ult so well, but if they grab exhausts, you'll need to get a QSS later on.

The main thing that seems to seperat GOOD trists from bad ones is knowing how/when to use her ult. Many people will knock them away from a fight, you don't want to do this (unless you are ulting for a kill, and know it will kill). IT works similar to Lee Sins ult, but at range.

The main thing that seems to seperat GOOD trists from bad ones is knowing how/when to use her ult. Many people will knock them away from a fight, you don't want to do this (unless you are ulting for a kill, and know it will kill). IT works similar to Lee Sins ult, but at range.

yeah the delay on the ult (as with most any skills) always makes me knock them at some weird angle than what I intended, lol...

So...how does one go about using Irelia? Bought her last night, getting any damage out of her is beyond me. What's the secret?

Also, for her W that adds true damage, does it only add that specified amount of true damage or does it convert all her damage to true damage?

Caitlyn, Vayne, Tristana, Urgot, Kog'maw. I am sure I am forgetting one but those I see the most.

Ashe!

Back