LCD Televisions with 4:4:4 Subsampling and low Input Lag.

Thank you for posting your TV info 450.

I extracted the numbers LTA320HA04 and came up with what is clearly Samsung S-PVA --> http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail_parameter.php?id=7511

The panel is not exactly the same as the one i have, but definitely a Samsung and S-PVA to boot.

This is starting to get good, still hoping other VR-3225 owners can post the firmware version in their TV menus :)
Just received mine today.

ATSC_WD_LTA320HN04_W01_318HB10_B1.2.11_7.0

Just received mine today.

ATSC_WD_LTA320HN04_W01_318HB10_B1.2.11_7.0
Thx 03grandam,

Google and a few sites are listing the panel LTA320HN04 as Samsung made/designed, but panelook.com doesn't list it, i would think the specs are similar to the other two panels we posted earlier.

3 for 3 with Samsung so far.

lol so i just got my VR 3225 and I am so loss trying to get the edid information I need from monitor asset manager. ;(

Edit: I figured it out! damn it's a lot better now. I'll post the firmware a little later after I finish messing around with it. I'm so glad I didn't go for a 42 inch tv for a monitor. This 32 inch is pretty much to big as it is. I have no more room =(

I'll just do it now and get it out the way.

ATSC_WD_LTA320HN02_W04_318HB10_B1.2.11_4.1

Last edited:
ATSC_WD_LTA320HN02_W04_318HB10_B1.2.11_4.1
Nice, the same panel i have. Thanks for posting Freiya, let us know what you think after you've tested it for a while.

And tallying up our panel versions so far we have:

Two LTA320HN02 Samsung panels. Specs: http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail_parameter.php?id=12469

One LTA320HN04 Sasmung panel. Specs: A Google search on this version reveals some info.

One LTA320HA04 Samsung panel. Specs: http://www.panelook.com/modeldetail_parameter.php?id=7511

lol i'm loving this thing so far. I don't notice any dead pixels or screen defects either. I was so scared considering I ordered it from newegg.

2 thumbs up from me so far on the VR-3225 =)

Found another flat panel tester at FlatPanelsDK: http://www.vanity.dk/tft/monitorTest_scale.html

Mouse over the top of the window to see the menu, then click the "Text" button and notice how the fonts look sharp with every color. I would set the background color to dark or black btw.

lol i'm loving this thing so far. I don't notice any dead pixels or screen defects either. I was so scared considering I ordered it from newegg.

2 thumbs up from me so far on the VR-3225 =)
Glad to hear it. No dead pixels or defects and it sounds like little or no backlight bleed, can't ask for better than that.

I think us VR-3225 owners lucked out and found a gem in the rough. Not sure how it would perform as a conventional TV though, or how well it would perform with consoles (YMMV).

I'm still on the look out for a good 32".

I got the LG 37lk450 "Y" display model from BB and have been using it for almost a month. It really has everything I want except that it is 37" instead of 32". I like that it has 2 user adjustable display profiles so I can switch easily between using as a monitor and HDTV. I also like the cinema zoom with 16 steps.

I found a Samsung LN32D550 for a decent price locally so I decided to try it out. It really does have great contrast and black compared to the LG (S-IPS) at expense to narrower viewing angles. I believe this one (SQ04) has S-PVA. However, I cannot get 4:4:4 to work. I have tried DVI to HDMI and the EDID Overide fix (currysauce.org). Both fail the Belle-nuit test chart.

I would try out the Westy VR-3225 but I can't find one locally :/

I'm still on the look out for a good 32".

I got the LG 37lk450 "Y" display model from BB and have been using it for almost a month. It really has everything I want except that it is 37" instead of 32". I like that it has 2 user adjustable display profiles so I can switch easily between using as a monitor and HDTV. I also like the cinema zoom with 16 steps.

I found a Samsung LN32D550 for a decent price locally so I decided to try it out. It really does have great contrast and black compared to the LG (S-IPS) at expense to narrower viewing angles. I believe this one (SQ04) has S-PVA. However, I cannot get 4:4:4 to work. I have tried DVI to HDMI and the EDID Overide fix (currysauce.org). Both fail the Belle-nuit test chart.

I would try out the Westy VR-3225 but I can't find one locally :/
Don't give up on the Samsung D550 just yet, you're just a tweak or two away. Get 4:4:4 working and i bet that you'll keep it.

You have to use the rear port labeled "HDMI-1 DVI" (pic), then within the TV menu you must relabel the input as "PC" and set HDMI black level to "low". Have you checked out the D550 threads at AVS yet?

Here's a few related links:
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1325412&page=7 D550 owner's thread
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1318336 A D550 discussion thread, check out post #8 <-----
- Let us know how it works out.

Last edited:
I am using HDMI-1/DVI port and have relabeled it DVI PC and PC they both appear the same. The only place I see the D550 as passing 4:4:4 (link) the images aren't showing up. The Belle-nuit test is close but you can see the green subpixel slightly lit (on Red) and the red subpixel sightly lit (on Cyan) on the lines to the left of the 20.

Hmm, i'm stumped atm, perhaps you can try posting in both of the D550 threads while researching in the meantime? I'd give them a full description of your setup, and hopefully another D550 owner can offer some suggestions.

And maybe PoohContinuum's 4:4:4 thread has an idea or two. I think there are two ways to do the EDID fix, maybe the other method will work, or using an alternate video card driver?

If i stumble across anything, i'll post/link it here. Good luck in the meantime.

Last edited:
To add , my Samsung A650 40 inch is 4:4:4 in PC mode on HDMI 2 port. Also very low latency.

I've tried the other EDID Override and it didn't change anything so I don't' think that's the problem.

Here is a pic of the Belle-nuit on the Samsung LN32D550 SQ04 (Link) another pic (Link)

If I change the HDMI black level to low it then passes the Belle-nuit chart but only because it crushes all detail in dark areas. I don't believe this means it's 4:4:4 as text still looks bad with it on. I just think this TV doesn't have 4:4:4 but is close and can be tweaked to make it appear like it does.

Pic with HDMI Black Level set to Low (Link)

Last edited:
If I change the HDMI black level to low it then passes the Belle-nuit chart but only because it crushes all detail in dark areas. I don't believe this means it's 4:4:4 as text still looks bad with it on. I just think this TV doesn't have 4:4:4 but is close and can be tweaked to make it appear like it does.

Pic with HDMI Black Level set to Low (Link)

With Black Level set to Low, is all the text bad, or is it just red/orange/yellow text? Also, is ClearType disabled and overscan/underscan set appropriately?

With Black Level set to Low, is all the text bad, or is it just red/orange/yellow text? Also, is ClearType disabled and overscan/underscan set appropriately?
All text is noticeably worse than on my LG 37LK450. ClearType is disabled and Scaling is set to 0%

All text is noticeably worse than on my LG 37LK450. ClearType is disabled and Scaling is set to 0%

Is blacktext-on-white just as bad as redtext-on-white? Because even with a non-4:4:4 TV, at least black text is still noticeable better than red text. This is because black and white does not depend on chromaticity, so even if subsampling occurs, they won't degrade in quality.

If black text is equally bad, it leads me to believe your Sharpness settings are messed up. Or the D550 has an "edge enhancer / auto sharpener" feature that can't be turned off (even if disabled in the menu).

Given that you have the LK450 (the ubiquitous perfect reference set for 4:4:4), you already know what proper 4:4:4 look likes on a TV. So if D550 text is noticeably worse than that, then your black crush / pseudo 4:4:4 theory is probably legit.

There are text/color combinations that look better than others. Black text on white doesn't look quite black. Blue text on White looks fuzzy.White text on Black/Grey looks pretty good (this forum).

I had the same thoughts that this has something to do with Sharpness or Edge Enhancer. I've tried different settings that are available to me and can't get it to look better. I've changed the color settings under white balance quite a bit. I have an X-Rite Eye-One Colorimeter and have run it a few times also.

I switch back to my LG but I can hook up the D550 later today and see if I've missed any settings.

I am using HDMI-1/DVI port and have relabeled it DVI PC and PC they both appear the same. The only place I see the D550 as passing 4:4:4 (link) the images aren't showing up. The Belle-nuit test is close but you can see the green subpixel slightly lit (on Red) and the red subpixel sightly lit (on Cyan) on the lines to the left of the 20.

My LE32D550 did not do 4:4:4, with or without EDID override. That's the european version tho, and seems totally different to the US version. Menus are different for one.

There are text/color combinations that look better than others. Black text on white doesn't look quite black. Blue text on White looks fuzzy.White text on Black/Grey looks pretty good (this forum).

I had the same thoughts that this has something to do with Sharpness or Edge Enhancer. I've tried different settings that are available to me and can't get it to look better. I've changed the color settings under white balance quite a bit. I have an X-Rite Eye-One Colorimeter and have run it a few times also.

I switch back to my LG but I can hook up the D550 later today and see if I've missed any settings.
Really sorry that it doesn't seem to be working out. Was hoping you can also post your findings in the official D550 owner's thread. The reason why is because everyone is touting this to be a great PC monitor, similar in capability to the LG LK450 series. And if it isn't true then a contradicting opinion, such as yours & backed with experience, is needed imho. My personal experience with the D550 is with TV and videos only, and not PC use. I wonder if your problems are Nvidia related, [H] member Antipode is considered a competent tester over at the AVS forums, and he also owns the LG LK450, i PM'd him so maybe he can chime in. Again if i find anything related, i'll be sure to post it here.

Depending on how everything turns out, i may take it off my list in the first post.

Last edited:
I searched this thread but I can't find it...

My HD4670 (Win7 x64) was working with my vr3225 fine. Then I restarted and 4:4:4 is gone. How can I fix it?

I searched this thread but I can't find it...

My HD4670 (Win7 x64) was working with my vr3225 fine. Then I restarted and 4:4:4 is gone. How can I fix it?
I've had it happen once where i just turned the TV off and on, while the PC was running, and it was working again.

The second time i had to clean up residual drivers from previous ATI installs, there were tons of them. First i uninstalled all ATI programs via windows uninstall, then I used a driver sweeper program similar to the one from Guru 3D, finally i reinstalled the ATI driver + software. Redid my settings and it has been fine since. I got the idea from a fellow over at AVS that said residual driver software causes settings to "unstick" etc. Swapping HDMI ports sometimes causes issues as well, i'm wondering if hooking up a console will cause that...

Edit Update: Band aid solution, letting the PC boot up first, and the TV second, worked, a pain in the rear and not a real solution imho...

Or with a dual display setup, switching from one display to another re-engages 4:4:4, another pain in the rear.

TV's being used as monitors can be funny like this, might be videocard and driver dependant. Otherwise i am stumped, it was working fine for him for weeks, then decides to take a crap. I advise cycling through related video settings, reapply the nvidia EDID fix etc.

Another thing not mentioned is that 450 is running dual monitors with a different LCD, this can confuse the videocard and temporarily break the 4:4:4 chain. It can also unstick other menu options such as overscan and even refresh rate (60hz to 59hz) etc

Last edited:
WOW

Old Westy W37 owner here.. just found this thread! Thank you so much Jetski! and all contributors..

The image is so bad on my Westy.. the smudges have gone across the screen a few times..and seem to be gathering momentum! its a must to replace now..after building my new rig.

Thinking 32".. slightly smaller, slightly more dense dot pitch.. just cant bring myself to a 27 monitor, and not interested in a SLI to have good EQ on a 30"..so..staying in the LCD TV mode seems the best bet.

Still reading through the thread and linked resources... Thanks again

Couple of quick follow up questions, If I may...
1) LG LK450 series are 444 / pass muster.. most commonly? Of course it can be hit or miss.. but generally speaking?
2) if the set has no DVI input.. then rather than use my mini HDMI out on my GTX 580, buy a DVI -> HDMI cable.. and generally..will automagically go 444?
3) any value / reason to select a 120Hz set? or is that processed on the set..thereby adding additional lag?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Still unable to get full 4:4:4 working on the D550. I have a z68 mb with a sandy bridge processor so I enabled the Intel HD graphics and hooked it up with that and it's exactly the same as the ATI 6950.

Picture Mode: Standard
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 39
Sharpness: 50
Screen Adjustment > Picture Size: 16:9
Advanced Settings > Gamma: 0
Advanced Settings > White Balance > R-Offset: 28
Advanced Settings > White Balance > G-Offset: 25
Advanced Settings > White Balance > B-Offset: 18
Advanced Settings > White Balance > R-Gain: 25
Advanced Settings > White Balance > G-Offset: 25
Advanced Settings > White Balance > B-Offset: 25
Picture Options > Color Tone: Warm1
Picture Options > HDMI Black Level: Normal

All other settings are grayed out.

I've tried different sharpness settings and it only gets worse if I go above or below 50. I've also tried different color tone settings and text stays the same.

Overall it seems that any color text against a white background looks fuzzy and off color (mostly black). Colored or white text against black or dark backgrounds look pretty good.

I'm not sure what else I can do. I still have a few more days before I have to take this back. Hopefully someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong as I'd really like to keep this 32" over the 37".

Last edited:
I'm not sure what else I can do. I still have a few more days before I have to take this back. Hopefully someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong as I'd really like to keep this 32" over the 37".

Wish I had some other ideas, but looks like you covered every single base. Makes me wonder if there's a controller board lottery issue. I recall back in 2010 that the C530 (I think that was it) had 3 controller board variants. While PQ was equivalent across all 3, applying the picture settings of one variant to another variant led to drastically different results. Not sure if the variants made any difference to 444 capability, since no one really tested for it.

Or maybe this is a case where the viewer doesn't have a true baseline to compare against. Since you have the LK450, you have that true baseline. But for other folks, all they have to go by is the belle-nuit / red-magenta test. While the D550 falsely passes those tests, they simply "don't know any better" and therefore assume the D550 is truly 4:4:4 capable.

This is a tricky matter :( Is it a FAIL or PASS on my 444 list... decisions decisions.

This is a tricky matter :( Is it a FAIL or PASS on my 444 list... decisions decisions.
I wondered the same thing, if different samsung panel revisions are swapped in, then how about the video controller boards? Are all of these potential panel + controller board combos equally capable? We may never know.

I'll say one thing, people are usually quick to criticize TV's with their oversized and less sharp fonts, I think the other D550 owners that are singing it's praises, *may* truly be seeing 4:4:4. Unless they are just trying to justify their purchase, but if that's the case, then why would they be so quick to recommend it to other monitor users? And as mentioned earlier, AVS and [H] member Antipode is considered a competent tester, and also owns the LG LK450, i don't think something this obvious would slip past him, but who knows? I'm not trying to doubt Ryz either btw, he also sounds like he knows what he's doing, and i trust what his eyes are seeing.

Maybe you can add a disclaimer in your chart linking Ryz's first post in his ordeal?

Example disclaimer: 4:4:4 may be dependant on panel/controller, link to a failed 4:4:4 example. Edit: looks like you've added a disclaimer already.

Last edited:
Couple of quick follow up questions, If I may...
1) LG LK450 series are 444 / pass muster.. most commonly? Of course it can be hit or miss.. but generally speaking?
2) if the set has no DVI input.. then rather than use my mini HDMI out on my GTX 580, buy a DVI -> HDMI cable.. and generally..will automagically go 444?
3) any value / reason to select a 120Hz set? or is that processed on the set..thereby adding additional lag?
Hey there, welcome to the discussion.

Here's my take:

1) The LG LK450 is probably the safest bet, and has the most calibration options.
2) Using a DVI-to-HDMI cable increases your odds of success, and is one less troubleshooting step in case something goes wrong. With an Nvidia card you'll still have to do the EDID overide fix, so get your patience cap ready.
3) 120hz sets decrease your chance of 4:4:4, there is an exception or two that may be posted in this chart. 120hz does add some lag, the amount of lag it adds varies from model to model.

Hey there, welcome to the discussion.

Here's my take:

1) The LG LK450 is probably the safest bet, and has the most calibration options.
2) Using a DVI-to-HDMI cable increases your odds of success, and is one less troubleshooting step in case something goes wrong. With an Nvidia card you'll still have to do the EDID overide fix, so get your patience cap ready.
3) 120hz sets decrease your chance of 4:4:4, there is an exception or two that may be posted in this chart. 120hz does add some lag, the amount of lag it adds varies from model to model.
Thank you brother!

more reading required..and thank you SO MUCH for the research and effort you have compiled in this thread! As a fan of W3.. just cant bring myself to go back to anything less than 32"

I imagine.. if these sets still have DVI inputs..like our ol' Westy's do / did.. the 444 would have been more likely.. right? there are no sets that have DVI in anymore, I take it? seems all focus on HDMI.. wonder why they opt for VGA and label as PC.. when most pc's today have a minimum of DVI out...

my local Bestbuy has a 32LK450 fairly reasonable..thinking Ill take the leap this next weekend...

Last edited:
So I hit a number of Best Buys tonight looking for "Y" paneled LG 37LK450's. Went to 3 Best Buys, no one reported having any. By the time I got to the third store, I wondered if I was just out of luck or if I wasn't asking them to look at the proper number. As it turns out, this particular BB employee let me look with them at the boxes, and it turns out they were all "W" in the fourth character. As best I can tell, this was the 2010 code for IPS panels. Has there been a change, were these all older models, or am I looking in the wrong place?

So I hit a number of Best Buys tonight looking for "Y" paneled LG 37LK450's. Went to 3 Best Buys, no one reported having any. By the time I got to the third store, I wondered if I was just out of luck or if I wasn't asking them to look at the proper number. As it turns out, this particular BB employee let me look with them at the boxes, and it turns out they were all "W" in the fourth character. As best I can tell, this was the 2010 code for IPS panels. Has there been a change, were these all older models, or am I looking in the wrong place?
I would hit up the official LK450 thread to see what they have to say.

I'll look into myself in a short while, i wonder what that "W" model is all about...

Edit: NM, misidentification.

Turns out there is no "W" model

Last edited:
Ok I am just going to toss SJetski71 under the bus as he asked offhand over at AVS if I had joined this particular discussion. Oddly enough I have been lurking in it over the past few days.

The following is a partial repost from over at AVS as I am in need of a new set ASAP. I'm about six years behind when it comes to A/V issues so the water is a little murky for me to say the least.

For some background,

What I am replacing and why:

I am replacing an Orion/Toshiba 34HF85 that I have had since 2006. I spent a good amount of time in the service menu for it last year but, it still requires the PC to run in at least a 1600x900 resolution with a DPI of 150% and to have a very bland/washed out/foggy look to it via a DVI>HDMI in order to be able to clearly read text. Obviously that is just unacceptable so, I am looking to replace it with something that can serve as both an actual TV and a monitor.

What I am looking for:

34" is really to large for the bedroom anyway so, I am looking for anything in the 24"-32" size range that is less than $300.00 and can pass 4:4:4 tests and that lacks image deterioration from a minimal point of view shift. Ideally, I don't think I want to go past a 27" since the pixel density is already going to be rather spread on it compared to something like a 22" to 24" set. I know several of you use a 32" set or larger for the PC but I just don't think it would work in my current application. Delay/lag is an issue as I intend to use it as a primary monitor, play PC and console games on the set, as well as watch movies. All of those things are about equal in priority so, I know it's going to be tough to accomplish at this budget if not flat out impossible. I would also like to avoid the typical pitfalls of TVs like black crush, image processing features that have no way of being turned off, etc.

Available viewing distance(s):

The minimum distance from the bezel to my eyes is between 2.5' and 3'. This is sort of a traditional location of sitting at your desk and at the keyboard. There is a maximum distance of 7' from the bezel to my eyes if I roll my chair back to where it is touching the futon in it's upright position. It would be roughly 9' of distance from the bezel to my eyes if I were sitting on the futon. The average viewing distance with the futon splayed out into a bed would be between 8' to 9' if I were laying down. In other words, I have a huge range of viewing distance I can work with but, I would prefer to sit in my chair when I am using the PC or console gaming rather than sitting on the futon as the chair is far more supportive and comfortable. The distances involving the futon should be factored in though as I will often lay down to watch TV to take a nap or late at night if I can't get to sleep. However, the distances involving the futon are really only relevant to watching movies.

Lighting:

There is no lighting in the room at night if I am using the TV as I despise the impact it has on the screen as well as the glare as I am used to a glass screen. There is also no bias lighting at night. There is however some level of bias lighting during the day from the ambient light that seeps in through the window shades and curtains from the windows behind where the TV is located. That lighting qualifies as far more of an orange/copper/beige than white though due to the colour of the curtains. I wouldn't say the room is dark during the day but, I wouldn't call it well lit either if the lights are off.

What I have seen:

Westinghouse VR-3730 (37")

I saw it in person Monday but, it's obviously a bit large for my needs as well as being over my budget. I was thrilled by the fact that the picture didn't change as I looked it at from angles that I wouldn't be able to mimic in my bedroom. The video playing didn't look the best but, I'm fairly positive most of the issues could be taken care of in the TV's settings given that what stood out most of all on the showroom floor was the oversaturated colour.

LG 32LK450 (32")

I saw it in person Monday but, it's out of my price range since the current price is $375ish. I didn't look at in depth due to the pricing. I just took a passing glance at it as I was looking at how much the PQ fell apart on surrounding sets as I lowered my field of vision.

What I am considering:

Westinghouse VR-3225 (32")

I know that Newegg has the VR-3225 for around $270.00 (currently $245) but, their return policy and the fact I have never seen one in person makes me incredibly hesitant on making the purchase with them. I am also concerned about the pixel density for a 1080p 32" set when it comes to PC usage even if several people speak "highly" of it for the price.

Westinghouse LD-2680 (26")

Wal*mart has a 26" Westinghouse LD-2680 online for $207.00 but, looking over the manual at the manufacturer's site indicates that it uses an external A/C adapter. That could be an unwarranted concern though. The manual also points out that you can access the serial number and the firmware number via the TV's menu which gives me some hope that this isn't just another TN panel masquerading as a TV. However, it's entirely possible they used the LD-3280's manual and only changed the few pages that they needed to. I would feel a lot more comfortable selecting this model if it were actually on display somewhere locally but, it isn't. The viewing angle on this set is listed as 176 degrees horizontally and vertically so, I am guessing it's a S-PVA panel as the VR-3225 has the same viewing angles. Unfortunately there is no way to confirm that without purchasing the set and I don't want to start a purchase and return pattern.

What i don't want to do:

I really don't want to keep purchasing sets and returning them especially since the returns stem from the fact I am unable to do any research on certain models because, they are either not on display or there is absolutely no information available online about them other than at the manufacture's website. It's rather difficult to make an informed purchase when there is no information to go off of. I really want to draw the line right now when it comes to returns and not make anymore of them barring some horrible manufacturer's defect or warranty issue. I don't ever want to be one of those customers that just keeps purchasing a set and then returning them. I have no problem exercising my right to return merchandise but, I don;t want to abuse that privilege if I can help it.

Today I received my Samsung LN32D550, panel SQ04, and it appears to have working 4:4:4. I have it connected to my Lenovo X220 with a DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter, and it worked both on and off my dock. Plugged into HDMI1, which I've labeled as PC. Worked on both HDMI Black Levels of Normal and Low. Pictures are attached.

Overall it seems like a nice display, however it's a little too large and there is a little bit of lag--I'm having trouble zipping right to an item and clicking it, the same way I struggle with wireless mice. I might return it, which is a shame because I think I got it for a decent price ($399).

d550test1.jpg

d550test2.jpg

Today I received my Samsung LN32D550, panel SQ04, and it appears to have working 4:4:4. I have it connected to my Lenovo X220 with a DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter, and it worked both on and off my dock. Plugged into HDMI1, which I've labeled as PC. Worked on both HDMI Black Levels of Normal and Low. Pictures are attached.

Thanks for the pics gauden. Did 4:4:4 work right of the bat, or did you have to apply an EDID fix? Also, what is your manufacture date, place of manufacture (i.e., made in china, made in mexico, etc), and firmware version?

Today I received my Samsung LN32D550, panel SQ04, and it appears to have working 4:4:4.

Are you sure it's full 4:4:4? I can see the green subpixel activated in your second pic on the red lines. That is the same as on mine and I get slightly blurry dark text on light backgrounds.

Cropped from your 2nd pic:
bjin34.jpg

updated with the Zoomed in version.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's full 4:4:4? I can see the green subpixel activated in your second pic on the red lines. That is the same as on mine and I get slightly blurry dark text on light backgrounds.

I'm not quite sure what you're pointing out, as I'm unable to see a green subpixel that is activated.

Here is a closer pic of my D550:

2md09xl.jpg

In yours I can see a slight green blur to the left of the red subpixels. If you can get a closer picture of those red lines on the Belle-nuit chart it would be easier to see the activated green subpixel.

From gauden44's pic
Zoomed in.
bjin34.jpg

The green subpixel is activated. It's not a lot but this means it fails 4:4:4. It's really close and I am being extremely picky. I'm sure that most people wouldn't care or don't even notice the slightly blurry dark text on light backgrounds.

Back