Lava Hot: 512GB Crucial M4 - $345 @ The Egg

Waiting for the 256gb M4 to hit $150 so I can replace my 300gb V-Raptor.:cool:

at this rate, you might see it before the end of the summer

That's even better, I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon anyway, not for performance but just for an increase in size so there's no rush.

I'm going to assume there's a new generation coming out really soon.

Probably not before year's end, but I think SSD have gotten to the point where the performance gap between different models is pretty negligible under real world use... And they're even bumping into interface bottlenecks. Its gonna be mainly about pushing cost down from here on out, and they're doing a pretty good job of that even without smaller NAND to pimp.

We may be seeing the delayed effect of the last shift to smaller NAND (which never seems to produce an immediate price drop across new products), or just general market forces at work. There's been talk that the bigger players want to push the smaller ones out but I don't really buy that (Intel is pushing itself out of the consumer markrt for one, and they were/are one of the bigger players, and Sandforce shot itself in the foot but SF drives are still cheap)

Darn it........ I want a M4 256GB for $150...

I have 1 month for the prices to Fall.....come on baby papa needs a new M4 :)

I already have the 256 of this, but if I see this $300 by the end of summer, I might get one for storage.

Smokin deal. Fine with my current Intel ssd, but I'm really curious to see how low the market is gonna go this year on the larger capacity drives. Hopefully Crucial gets the m4 down to ~$250 or so for the 512GB.

hot price indeed.

Like many others I'm checking every day for a deal on a 256GB drive. Crucial or SanDisk are the brands I'm interested in. I'm ready to pay $160 shipped for either which equates to 62.5 cents per GB.

Will put the existing Kingston V100 64GB in my Laptop. That will be a huge upgrade in and of itself for that machine. (I have a 1TB 2.5" in place of the optical bay)

Well hot damn think I'm going to bite! Been wanting to replace my 128 GB Plextor PX-M2P, need more space. This will serve as the second drive on my dell m6600 laptop. I run 4-5 VMs at the same time and need more storage space for the VMs I may run/test. Performance of the SDD is so much better then running them off of external hard drives!

Now if they would only hurry up and release the msata version of this, I'd be doing cheetah flips!

Hmm, too bad the code doesn't work for this one or this one. Otherwise we WOULD be at/a lot closer to that $299 point! Still, compared to prices just a few months ago, this is an eggcellent deal.

Strange that the one with the transfer kit is cheaper. Usually those cost more than the bare drive...wtf, Newegg?

wow...
exciting trend we have going on now.
I'm still holding out 'til the end of the year tho, no rush. Maybe find some ridiculous BF bargains...

This is a dope deal. I'm still happy as a pig in shit with my 199 256gb M4. =)

Realistically I would love a 512gb for $199, whenever that may come. Considering that the 512 m4 is on sale for ~$345, hopefully we will see closer to $200 in a few months...hopefully...

This has been sitting in my cart with the cupon code applied all day.. This is bloody hell hard to resist..

Hmm, too bad the code doesn't work for this one or this one. Otherwise we WOULD be at/a lot closer to that $299 point! Still, compared to prices just a few months ago, this is an eggcellent deal.

Strange that the one with the transfer kit is cheaper. Usually those cost more than the bare drive...wtf, Newegg?

$10 extra for the cable , well worth it, but I would like a eSATAp one.

I bought a 512GB version 3-4 months ago for $599 (+ shipping) and that was a great price. i was recently reimbursed which allows me to buy the same drive again for much less. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love the m4 drives, and I need to replace the HD in my gaming laptop...This is so freaking tempting.

I still use a WD 500GB as my secondary storage drive in my rig. I could use this as a replacement for my storage drive lol.

No more mechanical drives in my rig? :D

I'm going to assume there's a new generation coming out really soon.

SSD are just dropping ever since the Floods, they are being mass produced more so now, you got more companies making them, this was bound to happen, but i would say just happened allot sooner that we had thought.. prices have dropped about %49 in a year on SSD's.

This is a dope deal. I'm still happy as a pig in shit with my 199 256gb M4. =)

Me too... I plan to grab another next weekend to put in a RAID0 array.

Now if only Intel would hurry up with those magical RST 11.5 drivers/OROM.

I don't need a bigger SSD right now but I hope this trend continues.

looks like this may be the year i finally upgrade from my intel 80gb x25! woot

Argh, I just bit on the 256 GB M4. Anyone want to buy my unused 256GB M4 for $185 so I can buy this? :p

Back