Latest GTX 560 rumors

Bets on what site breaks the NDA early and posts their review on Monday?

I'm still waiting patiently here. GB is good, but I'm looking forward to the others as well, especially Palit.

Man that white GB PCB card is nice, but I'm wanting to see the MSI Hawk Talon Attack equivalent.......that should be one of the 1Ghz core out of the box models and the TWINFROZRII cooler is really good man, as good as the high end $50 aftermarket coolers which makes them an even better value even if they are more expensive.

Buddy of mine that works at Fry's said the prices are starting to come in.
EVGA vanilla: $250
EVGA OC: $270
Galaxy (unsure of model, probably super oc): $300+

Edit: PNY card for $280, unsure of specific model

Last edited:
I'm hoping the vanilla GTX 560 Ti 2GB's will come out around $280...want to get two for SLi if there power consumption and heat levels are less than the 6950's.

I have a 295. I don't know if I should get two 560s or wait to see if a new dual-GPU card comes out.

I have my finger on the checkout button for a 6870 at $220.
Should I hold off for this??

mmm....i would wait i think......a 6870 will probably only go down in price after this....also considering i believe the 6850's are unlockable to 6870's these days

They coming in with only 1GB, or 2GB as well?

As far as he knows, they were all 1gb.

Edit: I should add that he mentioned them not having any in stock as of today. B&M launch for them seems like it'll be at a later date instead of the 25th, unless they show up tomorrow lol.

Last edited:
only an idiot would pay that much for a standard gtx560.

Its the FreePerformanceBoost model! If availability was expected to be an issue it might be reasonable.....or if that is the actual price at release, you essentially ensure you get one of the very first cards. People who want to be first to have one...etc....there are reasons to justify it.

Its the FreePerformanceBoost model! If availability was expected to be an issue it might be reasonable.....or if that is the actual price at release, you essentially ensure you get one of the very first cards. People who want to be first to have one...etc....there are reasons to justify it.
the cards will be widely available on release and yes only an impatient idiot would pay over 300 bucks for card that will have an msrp of 50 bucks less tomorrow.

the cards will be widely available on release and yes only an impatient idiot would pay over 300 bucks for card that will have an msrp of 50 bucks less tomorrow.

Unless they don't go for $50 less tomorrow.....the demand may be high enough to keep retail prices relatively high for a while. Look at the 460GTX.....they still go for $230-$250 for the nice ones. And they sell really well too.

Unless they don't go for $50 less tomorrow.....the demand may be high enough to keep retail prices relatively high for a while. Look at the 460GTX.....they still go for $230-$250 for the nice ones. And they sell really well too.
the prices are already know at retailers and plenty of people have seen them. just wait and see because I guarantee that model will be around 250 bucks. but if you want to pay over 50 bucks more to some yahoo on ebay just because you think you will have the card a few hours early then knock yourself out.

What's a nice one? An EVGA with a lifetime warranty goes for $215 BEFORE $30 mail in rebate

Can you even get the lifetime warranty on eBay? Not that the card you linked offers it, it's only a KR

I can't believe there haven't been any "leaked" benches so far today. Usually there is at least one who "whoopsies" their review for a few hours the day before NDA lifts.

:edit: Someone beat me to it. Ignore :p
I'll make my post on topic.
That Asus card looks ridiculous. If its quiet, I'd like to use it to replace my BFG 280.

Last edited:
What's a nice one? An EVGA with a lifetime warranty goes for $215 BEFORE $30 mail in rebate

Can you even get the lifetime warranty on eBay? Not that the card you linked offers it, it's only a KR

A nice one is like the MSI Hawk Talon Attack I ended up getting that runs right around 1000mhz core and has memory rated to run 5000mhz ....and has really good heatpipe cooling, better than most OEM.

By the way I was being sarcastic and playing devils advocate about the eBay deal....lol

Last edited:
A nice one is like the MSI Hawk Talon Attack I ended up getting that runs right around 1000mhz core and has memory rated to run 5000mhz ....and has really good heatpipe cooling, better than most OEM.
they all have memory rated to run at 5000mhz. Nvidia has I/O issues that keep them from being able to run at those speeds though.

they all have memory rated to run at 5000mhz. Nvidia has I/O issues that keep them from being able to run at those speeds though.

Nope, the standard Hawk has memory that is slower rated, the Talon Attack was more than a higher factory overclock, it had Hynix memory rated at 1250Mhz or 5000Mhz effective.

Nope, the standard Hawk has memory that is slower rated, the Talon Attack was more than a higher factory overclock, it had Hynix memory rated at 1250Mhz or 5000Mhz effective.
are you sure about that? all the Fermi cards I have seen including gtx460 use memory rated for 5000mhz. Nvidia gets this stuff in bulk so it would make no sense to go with slightly slower memory on some gtx460 cards.

are you sure about that? all the Fermi cards I have seen including gtx460 use memory rated for 5000mhz. Nvidia gets this stuff in bulk so it would make no sense to go with slightly slower memory on some gtx460 cards.

1. Nvidia doesn't make the cards.

2. Yes I'm sure silly, go read any of the reviews or look at closeups of the cards. The Hawk has Samsung memory rated at 4000Mhz.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_460_HAWK/4.html

What MSI actually did was the opposite as you speculated, they put cheaper slower memory on the Hawk and saved the lower latency higher clocked Hynix memory for the TA model.

Just meant I knew I would get an even higher potential overclock. :)

1. Nvidia doesn't make the cards.

2. Yes I'm sure silly, go read any of the reviews or look at closeups of the cards. The Hawk has Samsung memory rated at 4000Mhz.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_460_HAWK/4.html

What MSI actually did was the opposite as you speculated, they put cheaper slower memory on the Hawk and saved the lower latency higher clocked Hynix memory for the TA model.

Just meant I knew I would get an even higher potential overclock. :)
okay got it. ;)

Back