lack of new Star Wars games is disturbing....

The lack is easily explainable due to how badly the last few...well several....well to be fair most all of the SW titled games since Knights of the Old Republic #1..... were done, and how badly they performed in retail sales.

i still play the Jedi academy mod : Movies battles II on a daily basis. Shit is so fun and tons of people still play.

1313 is supposedly not dead yet.

http://www.slashgear.com/star-wars-1313-isnt-dead-yet-23374696/

Battlefront kinda counts and doesn't. A multiplayer-only Star Wars game is ridiculous. There was so much potential there for a beautiful game with a rich story.

I think the lack of single player story in the game amounts to the developers being greedy and wanting to time the release with the new movie. Adding a single player campaign would have delayed the release well into 2016.

I think the lack of single player story in the game amounts to the developers being greedy and wanting to time the release with the new movie. Adding a single player campaign would have delayed the release well into 2016.

Actually it is also probably due to the IP rights to SW being sold off to Disney. Disney being dicks about their IP and all. I mean jeeze look what Disney did to Igor Stravinsky when they stole his music for Fantasia.

Funny thing I randomly sat down and watched some rogue squadron gameplay on youtube last night. Admittedly it was disappointing.

Having been pretty disappointed with Force awakens I went back and watched Return of Jedi because critics agree Force Awakens is better(spoiler its not), then Empire again. For whatever reason I spent a lot of yesterday on wookiepedia reading about the post ROTJ EU, I think I was trying to get to a place where I could agree with the changes they've made.

I was ok with the idea after the fall of Death Star two the empire fell into divided remnants and I would have liked to have seen a plot about reunification in the deepcore or out rim(it sounds like thats what they're doing.)

Anyway getting to my point I think doing a game from a storm troopers perspective, growing through the ranks during an Imperial reunification would be cool you know by the end youre basically Admiral Pallaeon maybe even have multiple endings with a tragic or a evil or happy ending.(NO NOT A FUCKING MMO)

Theyll never do it though. Just more dumb Jedi games which bore me to tears. In a weird way while they were a good ex machina for the Star Wars, the jedi vs Sith stuff has kind of ruined the IP.

I hear "The Black Fleet" trilogy is pretty good I think Im gonna go read that.

Funny thing I randomly sat down and watched some rogue squadron gameplay on youtube last night. Admittedly it was disappointing.

Having been pretty disappointed with Force awakens I went back and watched Return of Jedi because critics agree Force Awakens is better(spoiler its not), then Empire again. For whatever reason I spent a lot of yesterday on wookiepedia reading about the post Jedi EU, I think I was trying to get to a place where I could agree with the changes they've made.

I was ok with the idea after the fall of Death Star two the empire fell in divided remnants and I would have liked to have seen a plot about reunification in the deepcore or out rim(it sounds like thats what they're doing.)

Anyway getting to my point I think doing a game from a storm troopers perspective, growing through the ranks during an Imperial reunification would be cool you know by the end youre basically Admiral Pallaeon maybe even have multiple endings with a tragic or a evil or happy ending.(NO NOT A FUCKING MMO)

Theyll never do it though. Just more dumb Jedi games which bore me to tears. In a weird way while they were a good ex machina for the Star Wars, the jedi vs Sith stuff has kind of ruined the IP.

I disagree with you about Force Awakens, but whatever. I do however agree with you on the idea of a game not focused around Jedi. Republic Commando was the last good one. I've liked a lot of the Jedi focused games but there is a huge amount of the universe they could explore outside of the Jedi.

Edit: Outside of the Black Fleet trilogy I'd also recommend the Han Solo trilogy as well. It's not amazingly well written but it has some interesting ideas and it does give a decent history for the character that I hope they draw from for the upcoming Han Solo movie.

Having been pretty disappointed with Force awakens I went back and watched Return of Jedi because critics agree Force Awakens is better(spoiler its not), then Empire again. For whatever reason I spent a lot of yesterday on wookiepedia reading about the post ROTJ EU, I think I was trying to get to a place where I could agree with the changes they've made.

I was ok with the idea after the fall of Death Star two the empire fell into divided remnants and I would have liked to have seen a plot about reunification in the deepcore or out rim(it sounds like thats what they're doing.)

I hear "The Black Fleet" trilogy is pretty good I think Im gonna go read that.

That game was made as an RTS lets see...15 years ago.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Force_Commander

I would love to see another Jedi Knight game OR X-Wing Vs. game. :)

it was ok on release, but it pretty terrible. it doesnt hold up well.

That is par for the course for almost all video games. Most underwhelm or bomb outright. A few are good on release but they all age badly.

There have been AFAIK 4 DOZEN SW titled licensed video games over the years. I can name 3 that were any good back then or now. I no particular order: Xwing, Rogue Squadron, and Knights of the Old Republic #1 2003. 3 hits in let's see 50 titles across 25-30 years is only marginally better than video games as a whole.

But of those 3...none aged well. And I'm not sure any of those can even be played on modern contemporary hardware, and even if you could their engines are limited to VGA output so it looks like ass.

That is par for the course for almost all video games. Most underwhelm or bomb outright. A few are good on release but they all age badly.

There have been AFAIK 4 DOZEN SW titled licensed video games over the years. I can name 3 that were any good back then or now. I no particular order: Xwing, Rogue Squadron, and Knights of the Old Republic #1 2003. 3 hits in let's see 50 titles across 25-30 years is only marginally better than video games as a whole.

But of those 3...none aged well. And I'm not sure any of those can even be played on modern contemporary hardware, and even if you could their engines are limited to VGA output so it looks like ass.

Tie Fighter
X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
Dark Forces
Dark Force II: Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Rogue Squadron 2
Republic Commando
Super Empire Strikes Back
Jedi Starfighter
Empire at War

Didn't battlefront just come out?...

Yes. Great game. Multiplayer only.

I expected more games to be released. I was hoping that they'd do some better games. Force Unleashed was good, but it got old pretty quick. It's breaking all sorts of records, and I figured Disney would have some big games to push out to take advantage of the hype. Probably in 2017 (episode 8), they will have something. I just want it to be a GREAT game, not something that needs a lot of polish and doesn't age well....

Yes. Great game. Multiplayer only.

I expected more games to be released. I was hoping that they'd do some better games. Force Unleashed was good, but it got old pretty quick. It's breaking all sorts of records, and I figured Disney would have some big games to push out to take advantage of the hype. Probably in 2017 (episode 8), they will have something. I just want it to be a GREAT game, not something that needs a lot of polish and doesn't age well....

EA is handling all the big console/pc Star Wars games these days. Bioware and Visceral are supposed to be working on Star Wars games. I bet we hear about those at E3 next year.

EA is handling all the big console/pc Star Wars games these days. Bioware and Visceral are supposed to be working on Star Wars games. I bet we hear about those at E3 next year.

Yay. EA. Where good IP goes to die a painful drawnout death.

RTS =/= storm trooper perspective

I think he means something more like the old COD games, where you start as a random guy in a war, then rise through the ranks in eventually more and more pivotal battles.

Damn Rebel Scum and your Dancing Emperor games.

Yeah that would be pretty awesome something more inline with COD1, but these days kids think games arent worth $60 unless its a sandbox game with thousands of mini-missions some item collecting RPG crap and at some point having sex with an alien. So I'd envision Bioware would probably make it and I'd hate it anyway. Que Sera, Sera.

Tie Fighter
X-Wing
X-Wing vs Tie Fighter
Dark Forces
Dark Force II: Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Academy
Rogue Squadron 2
Republic Commando
Battlefront
Battlefront II
Knights of the Old Republic
Super Empire Strikes Back
Jedi Starfighter
Empire at War

Your list needed expanding. There are more titles out there that I enjoyed as well. Although Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords and The Old Republic would be controversial additions to that list.

but these days kids think games arent worth $60 unless its a sandbox game with thousands of mini-missions some item collecting RPG crap and at some point having sex with an alien. So I'd envision Bioware would probably make it and I'd hate it anyway. Que Sera, Sera.

Kids these days don't have opinions, their opinion is what the advertiser tells them their opinion is. note that "advertiser" includes YT personalities and websites like Kotaku *cough* and websites that link to them *cough*

Your list needed expanding. There are more titles out there that I enjoyed as well. Although Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords and The Old Republic would be controversial additions to that list.

It's missing X-Wing Alliance, the best SW game ever made.

Im assuming because hes talking into his mic and giving orders to other squads or was that a thing you could do in alliance?

no, its a 1999 game. i remember you can give orders to turrets to fire on target or auto fire but not other fighter crafts with the hotkey on a keyboard. could be some mod since i see other game mods in his channel.

Lots of developers are cashing in on the mobile phone and pay2win with Star Wars.

no, its a 1999 game. i remember you can give orders to turrets to fire on target or auto fire but not other fighter crafts with the hotkey on a keyboard. could be some mod since i see other game mods in his channel.

You could definitely give orders to other crafts in XWA via hotkeys. You could do that even in Tie Fighter.

You could definitely give orders to other crafts in XWA via hotkeys. You could do that even in Tie Fighter.

i don't remember that, playing World of Warcraft for years fried my brain. :D

Judging from the quality (or rather lack of it of Spaceballs Awakens), I'm glad they didn't drag it even more down with even more crap games. Would hate to see Emo-Snape and his Gollum boss once again.

Though, I'd love to see something Portal style, that would let me go through the screenplay and fix the plotholes :)

Lots of developers are cashing in on the mobile phone and pay2win with Star Wars.

That is where the easy $$$ is.

We PC gamer type folks actually expect some sign of quality and effort. The cellphone kids just want a time waster that they can lose money on.

You trollin' dawg?

What about Tie Fighter, XvT, and X-Wing Alliance? Pretty much all of the space combat sims were great, although I guess XvT is really just "good enough."

Also, maybe you're just not old enough to remember it, but the Dark Forces series (including Jedi Knight, et cetera) were really good as well.

Back